Honour, Fame, Titles, Bounties, Knights and Wizards

dave

Harvester
Excellent!
Do these units add score to the player?
Yes, though at the moment very little - I'm still not sure which way this needs to go. My first initial thought is they should give very little score - and so their values are extremely low right now - £100 cost for white knights, £400 cost for white wizards. This may change though - I couldn't decide if giving them high score and making players gain huge scores and grow in to range of higher ups as they get these units was a good thing or a bad thing.

I think it should stay this way. As you say yourself, giving high value and get people in range of the top players is more like a disadvantage. People would deliberately rape someone at 40 % to lose those troops.
Or so I could personally imagine.

they shuld be the same as hippys and yobs :)
wont boost score ridiculously but they will add a bit.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
oops your right still have a problem being able to send them on an attack
Why?
Being an Admin unit they should be non mobile any other unit you can send can be bribed
I'll repeat what Cheese said - Why? Them being unbribable is because they are granted in return for achieving necessary honour & fame levels/green titles. What use would that be if anyone with a red title could come along and hit you at 40% of their score and bribe all the white knights and wizards for themselves. It's one thing making a statement, but you really need to give genuine tactical/strategic reasons as to why a feature should be one way and not another.

ZigZag

Harvester
Why?
Being an Admin unit they should be non mobile any other unit you can send can be bribed
I'll repeat what Cheese said - Why? Them being unbribable is because they are granted in return for achieving necessary honour & fame levels/green titles. What use would that be if anyone with a red title could come along and hit you at 40% of their score and bribe all the white knights and wizards for themselves. It's one thing making a statement, but you really need to give genuine tactical/strategic reasons as to why a feature should be one way and not another.

I understand your point, but I have a green title not a red one. So I get punished by a unit that is intended for having honor. They are great flak killers for free.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
then fight back with your knights and wizards mr green title?
I dont see what the problem is, they're not imbaomggonnawinthegame units :/

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Why?

I understand your point, but I have a green title not a red one. So I get punished by a unit that is intended for having honor. They are great flak killers for free.

I think i'm confused. How is being given a relatively insubstantial number of units with very very very low score a "punishment." Especially when they are good flak killers and great LET flak.

Charlie_B

Harvester

I think i'm confused. How is being given a relatively insubstantial number of units with very very very low score a "punishment." Especially when they are good flak killers and great LET flak.

He gets punished because he's being attacked by a unit that his bribers can't hurt. He thinks this is unfair because he's an honourable player himself. Given the low limits on max units, and the little damage these units can do (except killing your flak, which isn't too harsh) I don't think this is a big problem.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
im slowly loosing white wizards...despite being admirable.
how does that work?
Your fame does drop naturally, a little bit, every tick - so your H/F rating drops slowly, and thus you'll lose white wizards! Gain some more honour/fame, and you'll keep the cap high.

dave

Harvester
im slowly loosing white wizards...despite being admirable.
how does that work?
Your fame does drop naturally, a little bit, every tick - so your H/F rating drops slowly, and thus you'll lose white wizards! Gain some more honour/fame, and you'll keep the cap high.

i want 1m!
such useful units. but yeh cool :) i also want rank 1 H/F!
even tho it probably isnt worth anything...?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
i want 1m!

Well specifically being rank 1 H/F doesn't grant you any special "extra" units - but ofc the higher your H/F, the more white wizards/knights you can have (and the more are able to join you each tick).

Though talking of ranks - I still have yet to decide on the portal ranks for the H/F return - possibly just the top 10 H/F at round end get to portal. I'm open to opinions from players here ;)

Davs

Garden Designer
i want 1m!

Well specifically being rank 1 H/F doesn't grant you any special "extra" units - but ofc the higher your H/F, the more white wizards/knights you can have (and the more are able to join you each tick).

Though talking of ranks - I still have yet to decide on the portal ranks for the H/F return - possibly just the top 10 H/F at round end get to portal. I'm open to opinions from players here ;)

I think we just had top 10 in the past (as far as I can remember) and that seemed like enough for me.

Davs

Garden Designer
top 10 sounds like the way to go.
will there be any kind of achievements, user awards for H/F?

"Portalicious" for being in the top 10, and "entitled" for having a titles other than "nobody" already exist.

Lupus

Head Gardener
i'm currently the most sexy bush player in w2 and i have to say i've been raped a few times but the white wizards just dont die, the knights get pwned horribly (tho 100k poms failed to distract 30k of them weird as thier stats are so low) by most leths. I've not tried actually flaking with them yet but it will make me more willing to try and get a nice green title when w1 starts again,

i can see the h/f titles being littered with 'good' bounty hunters and poms which i think is justifiable.