• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Facebook Portal/App - Feasibility Discussion

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
As others have mentioned, getting Facebook integrated without big changes to the UI likely wouldn't result in many signups. Alternatively, it'd mean lots of abandoned accounts just sitting there gathering seeds (or likely not as nobody would have worked out how to cultivate land).

I just don't really think the game in its current format is very well suited to Facebook - the news feed integration stuff would be nice, but yeah; the majority of my friends list get pretty irritated with app spam. The other thing is that pretty much every Facebook game's raison d'etre is to spam the hell out of people's friend lists - all they really want is to grow and get more signups.
It's when you're forced to 'click a link to help me out' several times a day that people get annoyed.

Keep it to a minimum, and it'll be fine.

This. There is also the embarrassment factor, I know a few people on here don't tell their friends about the game because it's sounds so silly, and many of us have bosses/family etc on facebook, and might find it embarrassing to have their gameplaying tendencies exposed!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Agreed with Alci and S_G. The main problem with facebook games is that most try to spread themselves virally via your friends list. We don't have to implement that, the Facebook as a platform has massive reach.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Yeah, just the game itself in a browser inside FB should be enough!

I agree with this, and what Alci/Steve has to say - Although alot of people I know in the local area have played this game for a long time (right from about round 9 when I first saw this game). People like Omaga, Don, Dave & Dando are all local people that play.

Though the idea may be embarrassing, I'd rather farm to murder others than to rescue ill-treated donkeys and various other horse **** ideas like Farmville.