• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

enemies being more fair

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i have had an idea.

firstly
people mention they can kill all thier enemies but run out of targets. they say there should be rotation of the targets that have been claimed. any one that has still out damged you that you havent claimed on should be allowed to move up the page. and any one who has been claimed on is moved down.

the problem is enemy farming.i loose one man any man. to an enemy. i inflict no damage. but they kill that man. they become an enemy. so with rotation i could make some one my enemy by sending one geo at them. then rape them get the bounty and move onto the next victim

my idea consists of two possible improvements.

1st an enemy only enters onto your list if he achieves a certain amount of score damage to you to be classed as an enemy. aka 5-10% gov value damage. through troop death alone. once he has met that threshold he is an enemy.. that way with the right limit you could rotate the enemies list without allowing farming to be a viable way to make money.

i mean if they have to kill 10% of your score via man kills. and your 30% land fat that means that the 60%
of your score tied up in men relates to him killing 1/6th of your men. so its not like you would suicide just to make an enemy. and gain that 12% bounty. even if you get some men back via injuries.(ofc im no good at working out a balance im just giving an example, a different % may work better to account for the average land fat. the extremes in land fat, the injuries system etc, etc. i know its a complex thing to intergrate so it wouldnt just come in would need testing. )

but in this way you will always have the chance to attack every one of the enemies on your list. but not abuse the system.

2NDLY....(and most importantly from my point of view) surely instead of giving some constant value to the value of the land you just stole in an attack for the purpose of bounty/enemies damage. use the already in place codings.

use the score of the target. the land fat of the target. and work out how much score was tied up in thier land. if they have 1 bill score. they are 50% land fat and you stole 15% of thier land then :

1bill * 0.5 * 0.15 ===> 1 bill * 0.075 ===>75 million.....
500mil *0.15=======> score * land fat * land % stolen

i understand the concept that 1k acres when you only have 1 k produces more revenue, than 1k acres as part of a total 30k acres. so in that respect you could argue that my calcs dont work

but in reality. you take 15% of the acres. 15% of the acres produce 15% of the funds. no matter how many acres you have. so in this respect. my calc does give a figure for the damage you did to a target.

i also understand that when you have 1k acres land is cheaper than when you have 2k. but surely now since it works that buying 1 acre then 1 acre then 1 acre etc till you buy 1k will work out the same price as buying the first lot in bulk.

now that problem is fixed. it makes no odds using a system like mine to get a relative value of the land you just stole. it does work

after all 1k acres from a 6kacre land fatt person hurts more than 1kacres from a 6k acre huge army player. so even if the price you put on the land isnt fair. its the true price it hold, and is relatively correct

note: not proofred this going for food and printing stuff. bbl to edit any mistakes