Compulsive Collector

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Possess at least 1 of every 'standard' (non-alliance, non-admin) unit in game at a single point in time (requires at least 95% of all possible units in a single moment)
Is it just me or is that sentence slightly contradictory? Can anyone shed some light on this? :p

Tim

Harvester
Jumped out at me at first, but the way I'm reading it is:-

You need to have at least 1 of every standard unit which is present in the game at a single point in time. However, you only achieve this status *if* you have at least 95% of all possible units available.

So, if not all units had been developed, e.g. T-Rex was not researched yet by any player, as long as you still had one of each of all the other units in the game, you would achieve the award. However, you would not if more than 5% of all units were not researched/constructed/available in game.

Does that make sense?

ZigZag

Harvester
well it is confusing to say the least

Possess at a min of 95% of all possible units not counting non-gov, non admin units.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry what it means is;

At a single point in time, you must have at least 1 of 95% of all standard (player-available, not HQ, not admin) units.

So there are nearly 100 player-available units in the game atm - let's say there were exactly 100, then you would need at least 1 unit each of 95 different types of unit at the same time. (no good having 1 T-Rex, losing it next tick, then getting 1 striker, losing it... they all need to be in your pocket at once). The 95% is just to make it a little more achievable than needing 1 of EVERYTHING at the same time :p

It's not related to what units are currently developed as Tim said.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Quite fun to collect really, and it sucks when some silly bugger sends a bountyrun on you :p

When I got it I believe it was just 1 unit I didn't have, sentries. (Possibly also gargantuas, as I believe I got them quite late in the round, while my "diversification" came about mid-round when I bribed two other puppet-players)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Most likely... TLs needs to be nerfed a bit next round I think. Right now they are too cheap for what they do :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
too be honest mass tl's piss me off. sorry to spam the thread slightly, but when i want to kill something like some puppet with a few puppets and mass sgt's. some tl comes along and just kills him but only kills the puppets and the flak.

how am i meant to kill the rest of his units if these stupid bounty hunting tls can keep sending at the same targets for pathetic bounty, but they are so gash they are all like "look at me i made £10billion bounty hitting some one 40% of me with mass tl's woo im soo good, no losses!" or at least thats what i imagine they say because i have a biased....and its fricken annoying! im so happy im vamp next round. as im going to roshambo those guys right in the nuts.

ps. 94 units(unless i miss counted) meaning 95% =89 units,

giving you 5 free, so which 5 would you likely not get

thief, (route change this round may have helped for the future)
chem-sprayer,
stealth-harv,(not rare, but how do you know who has them!)
stealth-gard (probably more rare, why get these over s-thief, and who has them?)
money launderer
plant thief

gargantua/trex (hard to get because in such low numbers compareds to the other lethals, and so damn hard to kill requires alot of suiciding)
sentry (if some ones not deved them you have an easy bunker grab but with sentries, how are u meant to get one without being wiped out entirely!)

so as i see it, you do have a few really tricky ones you have to get, especially with s-gardeners now. i think the task just got a lot harder considering you can only miss out 5!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
getting zeroed and hitting low ranked bots usually yields a good supply of random or generally hard to acquire units for Compulsive Collector. It's more or less how i got it accidentally a few rounds ago.