• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bounty on your targets?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
So I hit a bot earlier today. It had some LETs, killed a few of my guys. Neato.

But now I have a 75% bounty on that bot. That bot didn't actually do anything, I attacked it, and its lethals killed some of my flak. If this bot is an actual player, this player could be offline, and yet earn a 75% bounty for me by not taking any action.

This somehow doesnt seem right, perhaps some change is in order. Someone shouldn't get bounty simply for being attacked.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Bounty on your targets?

Sure they should! The bounty system is a "Revenge System" - and so you really need to question the meaning of revenge.

When I devised the system, I tried to think about times I played the game, and reasons I would want to get revenge on someone - and things such as defending against me, or pwning me when I attack them, have been reasons I've thought "Right, I'm gunna come back and get you!".

I hope that clarifies the reasoning for the bounties :D

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

But I didn't get pwned or anything. I pwned that guy, he killed maybe a million of my gardeners, and I took like 150 acres or something. I win, and I also get a 75% bounty on him. Sounds to me like it encourages repeat hitting. He stands against me once, even if not online at the time, and then I get major incentive to come back.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Well that's how the system judges it at the moment ;) He did, afterall, kill a million of your gardeners for no real troop losses! :p

The "value" assigned to land in this system (compared to kill damage) may need tweaking, but we'll see how things go further in to the round.

Davis

Tree Surgeon

i kind of agree, i thought one of the things that a lot of people get pissed off about is repeat attacks and IMO this whole new bounty system is like uber encouraging it just seems to do the opposite of what people want. I mean I was confused for an hour or so when i randomly had a bounty on a guy i hit and i didn't have land loss but it had it that i stole 200 land from him... and i was like wait i stole land from him and he didn't steal from me yet i have a 50% bounty on him, obviously hes easy land so i can go back for more land AND get some bounty :p just doesn't seem right imo

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Have a bit of patience, this will only happen at round start when loosing a bit of acres or troops can get somebody on your list with a huge bounty. Once your list is full you'll need to take serious damage for somebody new to make it on the list. I'm more worried about what happens mid-round when most on you list are too hard to go for(top allies, too strong with counter route).