• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bot Alliances!

septimus

Harvester
The potential downsides that have already been mentioned didn't even take into account the fact that right now the bots act on their own, is the idea that these bot alliances would strictly defend? Or do they attack to attempt to grow as well?

If they do attack do they do it as the bots currently do, randomly send, sometimes fight SAS, sometimes let everything get bribed, sometimes just die, sometimes win, or do they do it like a real ally(based on their "tier") and potentially run ally attacks and the like? if they do run ally attacks then what kind of an impact does that have on the game? Right now anyone not in the top 3 allies is pissed about bashing/waving, or some people are. Imagine being new, and having your ally get raped every day by bots? I would quit after 1 day of that.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
The potential downsides that have already been mentioned didn't even take into account the fact that right now the bots act on their own, is the idea that these bot alliances would strictly defend? Or do they attack to attempt to grow as well?

If they do attack do they do it as the bots currently do, randomly send, sometimes fight SAS, sometimes let everything get bribed, sometimes just die, sometimes win, or do they do it like a real ally(based on their "tier") and potentially run ally attacks and the like? if they do run ally attacks then what kind of an impact does that have on the game? Right now anyone not in the top 3 allies is pissed about bashing/waving, or some people are. Imagine being new, and having your ally get raped every day by bots? I would quit after 1 day of that.

i would think that they wouldnt coordinate attacks and attack as they do now.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
it's still nothing more than adding additional useless targets to the game, but now without worrying about AR. it's still not helpful, nor is it useful.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Bots aren't useless, but adding more and more bots in the deluded hope that they'll make up for a lack of proper players is truly bewildering.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
toby i dont know if i fully understand your view point but i would like to.

What would be wrong with the bots. If they weren't clearly bots. I mean bots at the moment just get smashed so hard because they are clearly bots. If they werent clearly bots and kept low by endless incoming or even worked together as a group they would distribute a little more evenly,they may not do as well as regular players. but if they got wk/ww as well i think they would help the bash quit mentality of new playes, by reducing thier incoming. I cant see why that would be bad... sure the principle of playing ai sucks. but the idea of keeping the player base above the critical mass so its enjoyable at all ranges seems feasible to me.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
it's the idea that you are willing to replace the nature of the game with ai units just so you have something to do. it's not good for the game. it's good for a few people who wished the game was bigger by any means.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
toby i dont know if i fully understand your view point but i would like to.

What would be wrong with the bots. If they weren't clearly bots. I mean bots at the moment just get smashed so hard because they are clearly bots. If they werent clearly bots and kept low by endless incoming or even worked together as a group they would distribute a little more evenly,they may not do as well as regular players. but if they got wk/ww as well i think they would help the bash quit mentality of new playes, by reducing thier incoming. I cant see why that would be bad... sure the principle of playing ai sucks. but the idea of keeping the player base above the critical mass so its enjoyable at all ranges seems feasible to me.

How would you go about making bots not clearly bots? I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just curious about your thoughts on the subject.

When you speak of critical mass of the playerbase, surely you mean human players, not bot players?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
just because you are supremely confident in your suggestion and idea doesn't mean you are right or that it's a good idea. while the idea is sound with little holes, that alone doesn't make it a good idea

CFalcon

Official Helper
And just because people don't understand that their criticism is illogical, doesn't mean that their criticism is logical.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
do tell what was illogical about twigley's posts in that thread?

furthermore, legal multis just entertains the needs of a few and doesn't help the game in the least.