• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

AR Triggering

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Please put down a rule somewhere that states, one way or the other, the legality of AR triggering. As it is it's very much a grey area, and no-one really knows whether it is allowed or "allowed".

I suggest for the sake of the game that AR triggering be made totally illegal. Even if Azzer can't enforce it 100% of the time, the threat of losing their accounts might stop most people from trying.

Whatever the decision, I think it has to be made either totally legal or totally illegal.

Forwyn

Pruner
Re: AR Triggering

Touched upon, and flamed/shut down numerous times :?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Not really.
Toby is clearly saying this due to the unclear post Azzer made somewhere saying that he can't really enforce it...
Before it was classed as illegal, now nobody really knows if it's a spank on the wrists, a dildo in the bum, or rapage by 25 men each called Tyrone.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Can I have the third option please? Then i'll trigger like a mad man.

But in all seriousness, i don't care if it's 'enforceable' it should not be a legal tactic, and allowing it's use to continue, especially in the confines of a 'grey area' is just a load of big steaming fresh horsecrap imo.

Call it illegal, and then if you can prove it, break the offenders, and if you can't prove it, well, "I'll be keeping an eye on you buddy!"

It shouldn't be a 'grey area' it should be downright illegal. Period.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Official answer as of now!

Right this moment: No punishment other than those players wish to enforce themselves in a vigilante manner. In other words I won't intervene at an admin level.
Near future (this round for certain): Automated systems that track and gradually give worse "punishments" for those that are responsible for triggering AR (whether 'mutually protecting a friend' doing it, or constantly hitting solos and always triggering, though there will be exponential timers and increased timers for constantly triggering on the same ID to help seperate stupid attackers from 'triggerers'). Punishments are not defined yet but may be in the form of reduced AR levels/AR modifiers, or reduced injury rates, or both (reduced AR would obviously not affect alliance members though... ). So it will still be legal, the game will just start making your play harder & harder.