• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

App Store/ android market

Samuel1989

Beginner
I've not played for a fair few rounds now but like to check back now and then and see how things are going,

Looks like its dying days for a once great game, possibly due to people not willing to sit infront of a pc/laptop as much as they used to...
Most people nowadays have smart phones....
The future of bushtarion and the way to rebuild the player base could possibly lie in these markets???

I personally have no idea about making apps, but if anyone has experience I'm sure an app could be produced for the game...

I know people will say phones have Internet browsers so you can already get it on smart phones... I tried playin a round on my iphone and basic tasks such as planting seeds, scanning targets, searching for targets took a lifetime,

An app could possibly make this easier, and having an app on the App Store/ android market

If this has already been suggested then apologies for re-suggesting, just think the future could lie within the phone markets...

Could also bring in more revenue through game cash and P-units...

Well that's my 2 cents, had to make a forum account to post so hope it will get some feed back wether positive or negative!!!
Give your thoughts!

Samuel

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
This has been mentioned before I'm afraid...but it isn't going to work.

The game is practically dead...everyone knows that. The people who made it a great game have moved on to better things in life. And the majority of people don't enjoy it anymore, because of the player base declining so fast.

The only thing I could think of that could magically bring this game back to top levels is Azzer to return (Me winning the euro millions 3 times in a row is more likely to happen), but even then Azzer probably has left it way too late.

R.I.P Bushtarion ;)

Chris'o

Harvester
...but it isn't going to work.

Yes it will. But will Azzer give the effort to make it happen? I'm afraid not.
I have seen many games on Google Play Store worse than bush, and still have thousands of people playing it!

Last edited:

Max

Garden Designer
The cost of having an app developed by someone else has been costed for bushtarion - it's more expensive than you think it is.

Of course, someone from the playerbase could probably code it, but nobody has the drive or incentive to do so :p

Elderveld

Official Helper
I'm pretty sure a fwew here know how to create such an app, but don't have or want to spend the time to do so.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I thought that poker billionaire was going to do this for us?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Regardless of whether or not this would help the game it would be fun to try and write an Android app for the game. I know Java and I've been playing around with Android development tools, but I don't yet know about sending requests and receiving data online.

Does anybody know what that would involve for bushy and what i should read up on? Do I communicate with server directly our would i have to use webkit to access the website and just have a neat front end?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Regardless of whether or not this would help the game it would be fun to try and write an Android app for the game. I know Java and I've been playing around with Android development tools, but I don't yet know about sending requests and receiving data online.

Does anybody know what that would involve for bushy and what i should read up on? Do I communicate with server directly our would i have to use webkit to access the website and just have a neat front end?

Tim, best bet is to message Azzer saying you're weaving around looking at it - He does receive and read Facebook messages within 8-12 hours, and whilst he might not reply on that he will somehow reply to you (usually via the forum PM system). He might think it's a good idea, and give better access for development (thus making it easier). If he cares about making more money from this, then he has to at least talk to anybody considering doing this job.

On a personal advisory: This isn't a walk in the park. People that spend time doing this often live in sheds (my best friend is ranked amongst the best web and app designers in the country and he does in fact live and operate from a shed in his parents' garden at the age of 23) and spend a lot of time meticulously on each project.

If I can get Gavin to sort me a basic breakdown of what you'd be looking at needing to do, I will happily post it on here for people to see and consider if they would be willing/able to do it.

Samuel1989

Beginner
Your saying the game is dead... We know that the player base was dwindling when I stopped playing years ago,

I know it wouldn't be cheap for it to be turned into a smart phone app...

Even Sony and Microsoft have admitted to losing customers do to the power of games available on phone markets,

The future for most small games is on phones,

People spend so much money on gems and credits for such games because they want to be rank 1,

Would maybe be a risk for someone to take on if they were to take it on... But the profit potential is there...

Nice to see players input,

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Would maybe be a risk for someone to take on if they were to take it on... But the profit potential is there...

Can't say I remember you specifically, but welcome back.

But ultimately, the profit doesn't belong to anybody but Azzer unless this game's rights are purchased directly (which by my economical standards is an obscene and frankly otherworldly amount of money for what there actually is to show by this stage of the game's necrosis). Just thought I'd throw that point in there - Anybody developing for this game would have to do so under the premise that it's out of love for the game, not money (and I'd call you a fool, but I'd be grateful to anybody who did put the effort in).

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah Dax, I have had experience spending many hours every day writing code (not Java though, my Java is more novice).

If i was to do something for bushy it would be a while. I'm actually just starting to work on my own app, but basically only for myself and the intellectual exercise.

btw, wth, Dax banned?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
He derailed his own thread in cloud atlas. All the crapfest posts were deleted.

On topic, I really can't imagine an app being much more than an interface for bush as bush is already it's own game.

It almost would seem easier / more worthwhile to make an add-on for (a) phone browser (s).

I would love to be able to select all troops for easy sending out. (Even and especially as a game feature) I want saveable attack / defense mobs. Other than this, I don't see why 'being an app on the phone' would be so dreamy.

Elderveld

Official Helper
I think a mobile web-version of the game would simply be enough. The only thing i can see an app has it advantages is cause of the range you can reach people.

The app could just be a 'link' to the mobile web-version of the game. So the only thing u'd have to do is write so it opens the web-site.

Simple, but someone would write the whole game in mobile version.

I'm starting a web-development course, a couple actualy over the next months. Hopefully i can do something whit this!

Yang

Harvester
I am potentially interested in this, if anyone is up for it, please hit me with a PM, we can discuss it more.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
We've been over this before, but I belive an app would need to be a simplified version of the game. Maybe simplify the income process, maybe simplify the route devving, maybe simplify something else - with the option of keeping it as it is for more advanced users. An app needs to be easy to grasp to keep the interest of people taking a quick peek into it, but not so dumbed down that it removes what the game is about.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Imo it just needs to be a simple gateway to a browser and then simplication of gardening.

Also, a mod should lock all suggestion posts or something

I didnt even get a reply when i offered free help.

Forget it guys, seriously the suggestion threads are not worth your time.

There are another 1/2 rounds left. Just enjoy them.

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Also, a mod should lock all suggestion posts or something

Forget it guys, seriously the suggestion threads are not worth your time.

There are another 1/2 rounds left. Just enjoy them.

I cannot agree with this enough.