Age 6 Ideas

d00ner

Pruner
+1 on Gazzys' idea. Especially for the n00bs/mid ranking players, who might not have a clue whats going on between the top guys.

Elevnos

BANNED
Ok, a genuine idea. Have war based news appear on everyone's news feed. For example:

Fri 16th Dec, year 2. Early hours War Declared 14th Dec 00:44
Spiderpig have declared war on Ascension.

Tue 20th Dec, year 2. Early hours War Stories 14th Dec 04:41
Spiderpig have done approximately £4,000,000,000,000 damage to Ascension, and stolen approximately 2,000 acres.

Obviously only listing damage done over 1t and 1k land hits. Always rounded.

The idea would be to make wars more public and to include the wider player base.

Also it would be cool. That is all.

Nice idea as with the other one, would make people feel more involved :)

Also, that's not our alliance name xD

Max

Garden Designer
I am ALWAYS writing the name Ascendancy incorrectly. Must be karma for Transmogrification :(

webvictim

Harvester
Take it a step further:
Remove weather. Remove seeds and plants.
Land produces income per tick.
Ehh, I think this dumbs the game down too much. Seeds/plants should certainly be condensed to make the whole system easier to understand (I've never had a perfect round start mostly because I always sell too many of one or the other) but I think weather, the decision to plant at a certain time and the element of risk makes the game more interesting.

dave

Harvester
Take it a step further:
Remove weather. Remove seeds and plants.
Land produces income per tick.
Ehh, I think this dumbs the game down too much. Seeds/plants should certainly be condensed to make the whole system easier to understand (I've never had a perfect round start mostly because I always sell too many of one or the other) but I think weather, the decision to plant at a certain time and the element of risk makes the game more interesting.

agree with this, this game keeps me going because it requires a certain amount of brain power to play

Yeadon

Harvester
It may dumb the game down a bit, but I would also put money on it enccouraging new recruits. It would simplify the game for newcomers.

You could have land start producing seeds after your ID had exceeded tick 200 (Something similar whereby you have reached the post-tutorial tick) - I am certain that newcomers struggle to grasp the concept.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Or you could have the planting aspect removed by default, but deducting a certain amount of the funds they make. Say 20% the first 48 hours and then 10% to prevent start-up abuse. That way they can keep it simple, but will lag a bit behind, or they can play it to a full extent. This would also make it easier to implement on a mobile app (i think).

Yeadon

Harvester
Or you could have the planting aspect removed by default, but deducting a certain amount of the funds they make. Say 20% the first 48 hours and then 10% to prevent start-up abuse. That way they can keep it simple, but will lag a bit behind, or they can play it to a full extent. This would also make it easier to implement on a mobile app (i think).

Yeah I think that is a pretty decent idea. You can have it removed as long as you compromise on something else. I wonder how many people run this game directly from mobile alone?!?!?