-1%

The Drefetr

Digger
You are currently researching 'Magnotron Technology', -1% complete, finished in 406 ticks [17-01-2008, 15:50]

101% away from developing Tyrant Drones.. Boy do I feel accomplished.

Darryl

Head Gardener
Re: -1%

It's nothing to worry about. The "development multiplier" updates live; whenever someone starts a development, it drops by a small amount. Therefore, if you start a development, and lots of people also do on that tick, but after you, then it can drop by a sufficient amount to make the percentage complete go to -1%, until the tick.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Hippie said:
try starting developments at end of tick

Would that make a difference? Surely I would think that the '%' might look wonky, but it shouldn't make the etas/cost any longer/shorter by a significant margin over the course of a tick lol....

Bobbin

Head Gardener

It does.

As when you start the dev, it's at one ETA. Then when the mod drops the dev can be started at the new ETA. however, yours stays at the eta you started it at.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Bobbin said:
It does.

As when you start the dev, it's at one ETA. Then when the mod drops the dev can be started at the new ETA. however, yours stays at the eta you started it at.

So you'd have to be staggeringly unlucky to have enough people start a dev so that it altered the dev mod enough to change the eta. I think that's being a little *too* finicky about this game, that's for all those tick by tick OCD players ;)

Tim

Harvester

It can be advantageous.... sometimes. If you wait until just before the tick to start the development and you save even one tick's development time because of it, it could turn out to be the different between having to face an incoming with e.g. Petrol Bombers or being able to complete Terrorists the same tick that same incoming arrives.

Yeah, I know, not realllly likely to happen, but sometimes every tick does count.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Tim said:
It can be advantageous.... sometimes. If you wait until just before the tick to start the development and you save even one tick's development time because of it, it could turn out to be the different between having to face an incoming with e.g. Petrol Bombers or being able to complete Terrorists the same tick that same incoming arrives.

Yeah, I know, not realllly likely to happen, but sometimes every tick does count.

True, I've had that happen a few times but not often enough for me to want to wait til the last second to start a dev. Oh well, just me i suppose :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

also if you start development then go pure solo you can get as high as -11% and thats what i did last round. Go me.
(also finished sentries this round the tick b4 an incoming arrived, ty Psolo. He should have really haxored me again. poor guy got annhilated)

Davis

Tree Surgeon

yeah i have had the pure solo one so many times... i really should work on going pure solo then starting the dev not the other way around :p