Recent content by Max

1. Max

DOFG Voting Trouble

Having trouble successfully voting and getting seeds for voting recently. I go to vote and it says I've already done it for the day, try again in XX minutes (say 40 minutes). I try and hour later and it tells me to come back in 23 hours 20 minutes. However, a couple of days a go I managed to...
  2. Max

[Taken] Looking for an Alliance for Round 51

Hi guys :) After a round out of play, I'm looking to join an alliance next round! If you are leading next round with an aim to win, and you have a space, I would love to join you and help you achieve it. If there are no alliances aiming to win next round (hey I can hope!) then leaders let me...
  3. Max

R49 Awards

The round is drawing to a close now, so I thought I get the ball rolling on the end of round awards! discussions go here * Alliance of the round - The Boat, just had the right kind of atmosphere that balanced relaxed and ftw play. I've led a lot of alliances where this balance really hasn't...
  4. Max

R49 discussions

A new round, a fresh start, a chance to play the game with an entirely new set of tactics. Let's forget last round and focus on doing our best to enjoy this round as much as possible! I want to encourage alliances to work on their own, to attack with honour and post with light hearted banter...
  5. Max

[Recruiting] Themed alliance R48

Hello! I am leading a themed alliance for round 48! It will be full of fun and not aimed at trying to win. There's actually a lot of flexibility in the choice of routes, so something for everyone :) Just a few spaces left so let me know if you are interested at all. Hope to hear from you...
  6. Max

Bushtarion Java game?

Hi people! I've recently just cracked how to write in Java, and made my first Physics applet for my PhD studies. On the back of this, I am seriously tempted to try and write a simple game. Potentially something that mimics a bushtarion battle with some simple shape animation! My question is...
  7. Max

[Full] Another themed alliance for R47!

Hi guys! OK so I've got another epic route setup I'd simply LOVE to try out, and I'm going to need some enthusiastic volunteers to help me give it a go :D As the next round starts during the Christmas break my ability to lead may be hampered for a few weeks, so I'm looking for a co-leader to...
  8. Max

[Taken] Max is looking for 2 PNAPs!

Hello! I'm going to be playing solo next round and would love to find two PNAPs to work with! I'm incredibly attacking minded and love to rack up a lot of land, so I'm after some route synergy next round B) What I can offer: * Good activity - now I have phone internet & tethering! * Good...
  9. Max

No purposely FTW alliances please

Come on everyone, there's little glory in a ftw alliance victory these days. Any chance of getting every alliance to take a relaxed approach... or a theme... or just try for a different goal other than rank 1 value? No? OK nevermind then :P
  10. Max

Setting alliance member permissions

Currently, only the leader can change permissions. If a new member is accepted into the alliance and the leader isn't on, they don't get any permissions :( Suggestion: allow officers of the alliance above a certain security level (e.g. 200) the ability to change permissions of other members in...
  11. Max

The DaX image reply challenge!

I am amazed at how well DaX is able to select images to respond to particular circumstances and emotions - but I haven't seen any in a while and I miss them - so I suggest we launch a challenge!!! Come up with a particular situation that DaX has to find an image for that sums it up perfectly...
  12. Max

If I were to start bushtarion from scratch I would...

... just because of recent discussions on IRC and forums, and on a purely hypothetical basis at this stage, tell me this: If you could start bushtarion from scratch, what would you keep? What would you change? What do you consider core and what do you consider chaff? Might be interesting to...
  13. Max

Trigger Counters

I have recently been investigating the effect of trigger counters - the way in which players who trigger someone else on a solo repeatedly get punished - and wanted to share the results with everyone because I find it mathematically interesting :P Firstly - you cannot receive any honour or AR...
  14. Max

Robotic Cheetahs...

... If anyone remakes / updates bushtarion - please can we add these to the Robotics route? :D http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17269535 Amazing how something so creepy can also be so awesome :P
  15. Max

Bot Alliances!

Just an idea to help take the heat off of alliances like Funkaphilia this round, how about we introduce a series of BOT ALLIANCES??? :D You could inject say another 120 bots, forming 20 alliances. Then you could split them into 3 tiers of difficulty, strongly correlated with how many are...