Game over again. QQ

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
premature ragequit ftw? :p

Doesn't the statistics of past round wins suggest that rank 1 at the round start does not necessarily correlate with rank 1 at round end?

I don't necessarily know the answer, but as I have an interest in mathematics I would love to know the answer :D My gut instinct is that in fact, being rank 1 at the end of the first weekend only equals a rank 1 finish in less than half of all cases.

iddy, even if we just use age 5 as the sample, so round 30 onwards
only 34,37 and 38, and through extension 36 if you count Comeuppance to be essentially the same alliance as History. (31 might be a case aswell, as it's quite possible S2N were top at the end of the first weekend, but RRR went and bulldozed to r1 before splitting etc etc)

so yeah, the last 2 rounds have had a consistent rank 1 ally, but even in 37 there were times when Aphallatosis were knocked off the top briefly, either by my own ally, dRQ, or by Res

so yeaaaaah, nolimit's statements have no basis in fact and can be discarded as mindless QQing by someone who doesn't understand what they're talking about

Things have no doubt moved on since this post but I agree with it all the same. Ranks 1,2,3 mean little stat-wise at the end of round-start - Inter-alliance politics, luck and chance almost always determines where things go from there.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
It really depends on who's actually trying. The only thing I have any idea about is Jukebox is FTW, I know almost nothing about the other alliances. I thought Kraken was going to put up a fight, but they pretty much disappeared from the fight overnight :/ Now its between ranks 1 and 2. I hope Rank 2 is willing to fight, else this round will be more or less decided before the end of the week.

We will see :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
If rank 2 keep hitting 1 it will be interesting. A 3k steal is a 6k gain. Few lucky battles and tables are turned. Jukebox got the better start but Pwnies arn't going away. Wonder if any other allies will get involved?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
hmm, the only other ally that seems to have any troops is that Al'Tuin, which is suppose to be the new DiscoWorld, right? The fight between R1 and R2 looks to be semi-even, wouldn't do to have anyone else join in yet I think.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
hmm, the only other ally that seems to have any troops is that Al'Tuin, which is suppose to be the new DiscoWorld, right? The fight between R1 and R2 looks to be semi-even, wouldn't do to have anyone else join in yet I think.

Discworld...
jeez so many people don't even know the name of the longest lasting ally of bush history... weak >.>

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

By the looks of it Jukebox are just letting their acre lead bring in an even bigger advantage while they sort of hit each other.

From what I gather and seeing the start so far, Jukebox seem to have a more FTW mindset and if they're the ones waiting for a lead and then hope to catch the other off guard, they will win. Only way I see them not doing so if they have pressure put on them. Wonder if pwnies would just prefer to draw out the inevitable. Maybe they're enjoying it.

But if pwnies don't want to win there's no discussion and jukebox win :p

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Looks like they've kinda caught up on land.. (within a limit, it IS an estimate)

Decent sized score gap though.. Who knows? Looks like the round isn't over yet :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Well yes, but that's with 19/20 v 20/20.
There's still a massive score gap with one less player.

xvi

Harvester
The round is only 1/3 over and the race for #1 alliance is over. Whatever happened to Resistance? ;)

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
To put it bluntly...no one gives a **** apart from 20 people, so any win is hollow and no resistance will ever happen

cb1202

Head Gardener
3 days before round: Are we going FTW? nope
Day of round: Are we going FTW? Good question
2nd day of round: Are we going FTW? Good question
Day we won the round: Are we going FTW? Apparently

xvi

Harvester
okay okay, prove your point and copy and paste # of ticks whilest online. Cause I think *you're all full of ****!

Least Life: Jukebox alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

Last edited: