• Solo pairs

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Neither of these interest me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Right - Dependant on if I were to get a solid base of people to take up the idea, I want to run a bi-monthly paired solo player tournament. So obviously, by this I mean two NAP'd players, that fight together to win as a pair.
Failing that, I can run another 'pure solo' style world, like my current one, and see how that rolls.

The reason I make the suggestion so early, is the fact I actually want everyone to help me iron out the rules of the world. Basically, I'm putting it to open vote on how the tournament will run. Every setting will pretty much be up for grabs, apart from the obvious (solo settings, game mode, etc), and I guess if there isn't enough interest then I won't bother with the idea at all.

If it is deemed a success, and a regular base of 60+ people will happily partake, then I'll run these every two or three months, as long as Bushtarion continues to exist, or the players to partake are still around.

Give me opinions & ideas by all means via PM or this thread, but no pointless comments or flaming, or I'll just delete it.

Cheers!

Coruba

Head Gardener
Hi Dax

Been great so far. Only two comments.......I wish land was cheaper to buy plus the ratio at which people steal it off you could be dropped a little bit.

Just means if you happen to be away from your pc for more then a few hours and get lowish land......you pretty much doomed......like will likely happen to me.

But apart from that which likely can't be changed anyways I am loving it.

Thanks for setting it up

Cheers

Coruba

MacMikey

Harvester
I would like you to have a look at your starting land - starting cash ratio mate.
Due to real life obligations I only started playing the pw today.
When starting I get 100b to defend me in the first hours but the people who started in the first ticks have days of 25k land income.
The difference is allready made and its virtually impossible to play seriously or ftw for me now.
I know its my own fault for starting late but 25k land gives around 1 tril funds per day. I dont think there is any way for any player to overcome that.

Other than that, I like the idea and I will participate (and contribute some credits) for another one in the future ;)

MacMikey

Harvester
To point it out further:

Incoming:
25,349,398 staff incoming from XXX [1111] eta 7. Attacking.
5,436,616 staff incoming from XXX [2222] eta 3. Attacking.
Total: 30,786,014 incoming hostile.

I only made this id 3 ticks ago.
People on top will just sit around and wait for new id's to be made so they can get easy acres. The world will get boring quite soon this way.

Coruba

Head Gardener
I personally think you get that problem even in the main game......if you are not there right on the 1st tick it is pretty hard to overhaul.

I don't think the PW settings would allow one to make a decent hash of it.

I love the idea however......maybe an idea would be to do it on a points race.......do a 2 week tourney but break it up into 7 mini tournaments thereby allowing everyone to give at least one decent mini event a go. Points would be based on your ranking at deemed time of finishing and then adding up your 7 tourney pts to find an eventual winner.

In addition to this one could always alter the starting time re the next mini event that way it allows different timezones to have a fair crack at starting on time

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I've had that idea, and it simply isn't economical - Plus it's boring because there's less people in the worlds. I respect it, but I couldn't implement it.
Regarding MacMike's comment, I did turn AR on for 14 hours so new/late starters could make a go of catching up. I've seen people beaten down in the first day and now they sit in the top 15 of my world. It's definitely not impossible.

MacMikey

Harvester
Thats why I said:

I would like you to have a look at your starting land - starting cash ratio mate.

If you would turn it around, lets say 1k land and 25tril cash, everyone who just starts can have a choice if they want to defend themselves with silly units.
Or they can choose to just let the attacker have the land and continue developing on.
That way you are not seriously hindered to get developments done and actually have some units.

If you keep it like it is now you will have lost all your lands, thus income, and are not even developed fully yet. There is no fun in that nor will there be any competition in the game.

MacMikey

Harvester
I've had that idea, and it simply isn't economical - Plus it's boring because there's less people in the worlds. I respect it, but I couldn't implement it.
Regarding MacMike's comment, I did turn AR on for 14 hours so new/late starters could make a go of catching up. I've seen people beaten down in the first day and now they sit in the top 15 of my world. It's definitely not impossible.

The point here is that in the first day, no one had a 3 day (3 tril funds) lead, which they now have.
So the round probably was fun for the first couple of days (I dont know I wasn't here yet) but it'll soon come to a hold. New players can never get enough troops to threathen the top 15-20 simply because they are ****ed to 3k land before they have developed anything usefull.
Lack of funds because of those land rapings make sure they can never make a real fist against the people that were around for the start.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

The point here is that in the first day, no one had a 3 day (3 tril funds) lead, which they now have.
So the round probably was fun for the first couple of days (I dont know I wasn't here yet) but it'll soon come to a hold. New players can never get enough troops to threathen the top 15-20 simply because they are ****ed to 3k land before they have developed anything usefull.
Lack of funds because of those land rapings make sure they can never make a real fist against the people that were around for the start.

Thus a restart would be made - I have said it will be done if it goes stale, but right now, that isn't happening.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I agree with Mikey, in a PW with high starting land and medium-high starting cash, those who are online the first 12 hours will win, because they can constantly attack and develope and talk HUGE land grabs. It means that everytime the PW will be over or stagnant in 2 days.

The only way to have a challenging PW is to have low cash and low land. Therefore it's a question of if you start your development, do you buy land, do you buy units, do you start attacking etc. Also you need to have AR on as it can be tactical to lose land and get AR and avoid no troop losses. This leads such variety to how to play, difficulty of landing and running away with the round, keeps competition higher.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I have to disagree, although I only missed the first 4 hours of it, this has been one of the most interesting PWs yet. Up until I died, there were 4-5 people who could have overtaken ed, but instead of running and letting him grab some easy acres, I let him bash me, get the bounty and insurance (woops).

Anyway, the only thing I'd like to change would have been 20k starting acres, maybe a little more starting funds, but not many, and a slight (5%) reduction in both insurance and bounty.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I do know myself that you can easily do well in my world. I took first place with 8 hours work, and with no bounty hunting. If a Prot can take first with a very convincing lead, why should anyone else have any trouble?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
So far there's not really been any interest at all, so I'll call quits on the idea til it garners a bit more support.

Kingdroid

Head Gardener
I like the idea... just, I totally agree with the starting land:cash ratio problem.