Care to debate?

Max

Garden Designer
"Defend the bible? I would rather defend a lion! Just let it loose, it will defend itself."

CH Spurgeon

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I don't have a problem with people believing in God.

But I have the same problem with "in your face" religious people as I do "in your face" gay people. I have nothing against gay men, but I can't stand people who are compulsively exuberant about their faith/sexuality. It is those types of people who give religion a bad name, by all means have your faith, if it helps you sleep at night, but don't force other people to listen to your ramblings.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

But I have the same problem with "in your face" religious people as I do "in your face" gay people. I have nothing against gay men, but I can't stand people who are compulsively exuberant about their faith/sexuality. It is those types of people who give religion a bad name, by all means have your faith, if it helps you sleep at night, but don't force other people to listen to your ramblings.

That pretty much covers it for me too. As long as you keep it to yourself and it doesn't hurt anyone then feel free to believe whatever you like.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
That pretty much covers it for me too. As long as you keep it to yourself and it doesn't hurt anyone then feel free to believe whatever you like.

Yeah, I apply that to gays with the added ideal that it's done indoors, and behind curtains. Religion can be confined to curtained homes and churches.
I do hope gays don't get their own churches.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Yeah, I apply that to gays with the added ideal that it's done indoors, and behind curtains. Religion can be confined to curtained homes and churches.

Church of Scientology? According to Ricky Gervais at least :p

marvin

Tree Surgeon

+1

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

The only thing he has ever done right is push a pin into the massively over-inflated ego of Hollywood self-fappers.

tomtree

Head Gardener

The only thing he has ever done right is push a pin into the massively over-inflated ego of Hollywood self-fappers.

Don't be so harsh, he's done some other things right... not a huge amount; but definitely some. Plus that speech at the Golden Globes was brilliant.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
im pretty sure that you will all be hung for such blashpemy!

one religion is the only way to get world peace, and with globalisation globalising the globe, it is only a matter of time, and when that happens i can porove my faith through this one thread and hopefully i dont get hung.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'd like to not fail maths. And I definately am not talking about the same thing