• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance Balancing

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
A game mechanic should never be responsible for bringing down rank 1 ally. They worked hard to get there, if someone wants their spot they should be forced to work equally hard, if not harder than the current incumbents to get it. Enter resistance + twigleys point about a lazy playerbase.

At no point should a CRA related system of any sort be put into place.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Okay, a few things..

First off.. ANY Mechanic that is designed to make it harder for rank 1 without drastically changing the outcome of the round is already fail, simply because by the time it would take effect, the round will already be won, and without the R1 ally breaking apart, very unlikely to change.

2nd, If you make it weak enough to be easily repelled, It wouldn't make any difference anyway, unless it was timed with other attacks, which would go against the spirit of the game

Finally - If you want to change R1 getting so far ahead, give them decent competition! That is the ONLY way to slow the round down any.. Last round, when you actually had somewhat evenly matched alliances fighting for rank 1 (not that any of them were GOOD, they were just not better than each other.. :p) It took longer for rank 1 to be decided.

This round particularly, there wasn't any competition, the only other FTW alliance was having problems right from the start, and the better Teched more active alliance took the high-ground.. The only other alliance that had a decent line-up, didn't want to fight....

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
YOU WOULDN'T GET BUTT****ED BY THIS CRA. Jesus, I didn't make that clear? Reread the first post. 3 or 4 attacks if your alliance is completely and totally dishonorable, and those could easily be turned back without much losses. You wouldn't lose 100b score. I said it would be tuned down greatly. Please, for the love of God, read the posts before you respond.

Walking_Death said:
The attacks would not be scaled up until the alliance is designed to lose horribly.

I never said CRA would but rape you.

I said i got butt raped by it and then said that all it did was piss people off. Some people didnt lose that much and all it did was make some people lose a few days funds but piss them off at the premise of having a bot ruin their round because the playerbase wasnt good enough.

I like how you completely ignored the rest of my post too.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i agree with who ever said "rank 1 deserve the win, because they worked hardest to achieve it" or something like that, so maybe just give them the win and restart the round. but im sure this has been suggested before, and it didnt happen. sooooo... something

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I think that bit was referring to me, not you. I agree with your posts though, Twiggles.

Hugo - if there is a game mechanic which hits you when you get too big, it is a butt****. It's just a horrible idea. That's why it failed the first time.

Walking_Death

Harvester

I think that bit was referring to me, not you. I agree with your posts though, Twiggles.

Hugo - if there is a game mechanic which hits you when you get too big, it is a butt****. It's just a horrible idea. That's why it failed the first time.

you wouldn't get killed just because you get too big though! "But dishonorable attacks become the only option!" Well, defend more. Play honorably before you drop off the edge. Hell, use the CRA attacks to get your honor back!

Davs

Garden Designer

you wouldn't get killed just because you get too big though! "But dishonorable attacks become the only option!" Well, defend more. Play honorably before you drop off the edge. Hell, use the CRA attacks to get your honor back!

defend more? You realise that when they get sufficiently big that they can no longer attack honourably, they don't have as much of a need to defend, yes?
Also, your original idea was for this to deter big alliances from attacking dishonourably, and yet now you're saying that actually it's all good so long as you defend enough to get a green title regardless. Do you even know what you're arguing for?

Walking_Death

Harvester

defend more? You realise that when they get sufficiently big that they can no longer attack honourably, they don't have as much of a need to defend, yes?
Also, your original idea was for this to deter big alliances from attacking dishonourably, and yet now you're saying that actually it's all good so long as you defend enough to get a green title regardless. Do you even know what you're arguing for?

I'm simply saying that defending will get you honor back. Are you claiming that if you get attacked and defend, you WON'T get honor?
I can put words in your mouth too.

Bashing is a problem, it shouldn't happen. Now the CRA I'm suggesting won't be able to topple them alone. Maybe if a resistance timed itself to coincide with it, then maybe.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

defend against what? Rank 1 Allies don't get much incoming that isn't bounty-hunting.. :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Bingo. That's why top allies have red titles. They have no choice but to attack dishonorably and have little to no chance of gaining honor back. Rank 1 allies either get resistances or bounty rushes. Resistances don't exist any longer and bounty hunting isn't the right solution to gaining h/f back lol.

Have you ever played in a winning ally? I mean this in no way to insult you or your experience but it just seems to me that you don't really know exactly what goes on if you've won. Or you just haven't thought it through properly.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Bingo. That's why top allies have red titles. They have no choice but to attack dishonorably and have little to no chance of gaining honor back. Rank 1 allies either get resistances or bounty rushes. Resistances don't exist any longer and bounty hunting isn't the right solution to gaining h/f back lol.

Have you ever played in a winning ally? I mean this in no way to insult you or your experience but it just seems to me that you don't really know exactly what goes on if you've won. Or you just haven't thought it through properly.

not to mention that once you get a ways ahead of everyone - any defense you do won't net much honor, simply because it will be considered "over defending"

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sorry hugo,

gotto say. I know it had good intentions. but even if it was perfectly balanced it will either do nothing and be almost pointless. Or do too much.

and the best point is perhaps lucky's. or how i interpreted it.... it would take an alliance being very dishonourable to trigger CRA mrk II ergo. rounds already decided, this round was decided b4 the first week. due to omni quiting very soon in. and limited competition. point being. we didnt lose that much honour at that stage in the round. it was a just visible red tittle if memory serves. (rude). So by the time cr kicks in we are out of the bashing range for most alliances.

i think personally ranks 2 and 3 when fighting for the rank 2 and 3 is the point at which people get bashed most..

rank 1 is all ftw and grow together. and dont hit ranks 2 or 3 until they have virtually made it. then they grow out of range. and ranks2&3 have less incoming but need to fight it out.

ranks 2 - 3 have lots of different ranges. lots of targets lots of skill levels. And are less likey to hit eachother until they have a lead. so you now have 2 or maybe even 3 allies hitting. 3-4 other allies. repeatedly timeafter time. in different orders. so the incoming isnt one alliance day in day out. it switchs. they may even arrive together or one after another.

so its this point when teched. id lists are out. and you are just out of range from rank 1 but stil competing with ranks 3 and 4 to keep rank 2 that the bashing starts majorly. 2 allliances really going for it with the intel you wouldnt have at the start and the completed tech trees. and the second best activity and tectics in the game. and a range of sizes able to hit and cover a range of targets.

so imo rank one is getting a bad press :p

its those dastadly ranks 2 and 3 inadvertently hitting and bashing the same allies repeatedly thats the problem. CRA ranks 2 and 3!!!!