• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Small Changes

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
When things get changed between rounds it makes it a bit more interesting finding out the effects. How about every round some random things get changed a little eg. base bounties,insurance,unit HD,AD,AR,HP slightly modified up and down. This way things are not so predictable but any changes are only small so wont massively affect gameplay.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
oddly enough
i was thinking this exact same thing like 4 days ago :eek:
helps prevent playermade battle calcs becoming too accurate aswell ;P (sorry CF)

just little 5% either way tweaks on unit stats would be enough :p

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Give a 5% boost to RPGs and I promise you it'll make a difference. I'd rather see a total revamp with the removal of a few branches/units, new stats and effectively a new game. Imagine the fun that'd be!

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Give a 5% boost to RPGs and I promise you it'll make a difference. I'd rather see a total revamp with the removal of a few branches/units, new stats and effectively a new game. Imagine the fun that'd be!

This is all well and good, and in a perfect world I would agree, but at this pressent moment it's hard enough to get suspected multis checked out never mind get changes made to the game, good thinking but

In the words of the great James Khan, I've told you where I'm at and I'm declaring my self, OUT!

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener

This is all well and good, and in a perfect world I would agree, but at this pressent moment it's hard enough to get suspected multis checked out never mind get changes made to the game, good thinking but

In the words of the great James Khan, I've told you where I'm at and I'm declaring my self, OUT!

Why not go play another game then.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
if you're suggesting hidden changes, then no. just as bad as the hidden bonuses for fantasy.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener

Why not go play another game then.

Because I like this one, there is nothing more I would like to see than changes to mix it up a bit, but my point is valid, Unfortunatly.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'd love it if each round, each route got one unit in the tech tree randomly substituted with another unit (not necessarily an already existing one). The game would just get so much diverse and chaotic \o/

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
By diverse and chaotic I think you mean overbalanced and absurd. Or underpowered and ridiculous. Big no.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
By diverse and chaotic I think you mean overbalanced and absurd. Or underpowered and ridiculous. Big no.

Everyone knows absurdity would make rounds last longer than they do nowadays.

It would also make the game infuriatingly crappy.

This.

Bush is already a game that takes a few rounds to master. A big part of that is being able to assess what incoming you have, what chance you have of defending against it. I don't fancy thinking to myself "my SA still does a bunch of HD right?! RIGHT?!" Better check the manual to be surez Oh noez, I've died whilst familiarising myself with the changes.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

This.

Bush is already a game that takes a few rounds to master. A big part of that is being able to assess what incoming you have, what chance you have of defending against it. I don't fancy thinking to myself "my SA still does a bunch of HD right?! RIGHT?!" Better check the manual to be surez Oh noez, I've died whilst familiarising myself with the changes.

Agreed. Change for the sake of change should not be encouraged.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Please excuse my meaningless post. If I'm honest though, I'd agree - If a random change were implemented, 5% is far too much. A simple decimal change would affect BR's, and the tools that estimate the outcomes, so it probably isn't worth it.

isnt that a quote from harry potter?

It's a good deal older than Harry Potter.

As is your mother. Apparently she pre-dates it by at least four years.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Contradictory to a lot of you, I think change for the sake of change can be a good thing. Anyone remember Planetarion? They changed the unit stats every round. True enough, they had visible stats, but still, a change for the sake of change can indeed be a good thing. But it needs to be done on a broader scale than just randomly changing a few units. That could lead to serious imbalance-issues.