my 2 cents

Melnibone

Head Gardener
like captain falcon before you mate your making a lot of sense but again its missing the whole idea of the post maybe im explaining it poorly (very likely) but i'll try to explian more thoroughly by addressing and quoting the very good points you made

i want to play from 8gmt -12gm. i then work in a pub for 3 hrs. and send eta 8 to id 1. then com back and play till 00GMT. then i hand over my id to my friend. he nurses it for 12 hrs... but i want to play it again at 8GMT ---- its only an option, much like sleep mode its not meant to make you invulnerable just improve your options

also can he attack with it??---- no your right no attacking allowed

can he defend with it ---- no sorry i thought i had mentioned that in previous posts if i did not i apologise, the idea is to make the need to always have a contact no. and be contactable 24/7 redundant what it allows is the player to send a defence to id 1 to prevent being woken for let rushes/incoming if your alliance doesnt have enough nightcover to defend and your needed you still need to be available to play but if you didnt have enough nightcover there wouldnt be enough people to pass your acct on to anyway.

as it still means top ranks are safe 24/7 ---- agreed but the important world is *still* safe they are safe at the moment this will not improve their defense capabilities a player who can get on will be preferred to someone not able to send a defense mob for the duration maybe 12 hrs is the problem make it 8 so theres a decent size break the idea is the important point not the duration that id happily set at anything between 6-12 if the idea took off

and lower ranks with only 4-6 hrs of game play *2 people, so are just as vunerable as ever ---- sorry willy even with your own maths 4-6 hrs doubled with another player makes it 8-12hrs you cant be zeroed by a mass bash only lose a couple of ticks of land as opposed to 4-6 hrs just now......

also there is nothing to prevent people from still using phone numbers ---- again i agree with you but NOTHING will ever stop people from using their phones what im suggesting is a rough (very rough) idea of making it a little less mandatory for a top 5 alliance especially with so few players now imagine as a new player joining this game liking it but realising that to be successful you need to be 24/7 contactable and have no outside life that cant be put on hold for say 3-5 days of solid incoming would put everyone but the most dedicated gamer off, im trying to think of ideas to make it more of an even playing field

so if your account nurse is able to use your troops for defence for those 12 hours and you are able to as well then you have double the chances of contacting one of you online if needs be. ---- they cant only send to id 1 as i say my fault for not making it clearer earlier but it does invalidate this point also when you sign the acct over its gone for the 6,8,10,12 hrs (whatever was decided best) to the other player so if they used phones theyd still only be able to get one person

but if you still dont like the idea willy then np mate thanks for at least thinking it through always a pleasure to hear good constructive criticism of my ideas :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
and lower ranks with only 4-6 hrs of game play *2 people, so are just as vunerable as ever ---- sorry willy even with your own maths 4-6 hrs doubled with another player makes it 8-12hrs you cant be zeroed by a mass bash only lose a couple of ticks of land as opposed to 4-6 hrs just now......

sorry thaat was my poor explaining. 2 players that are low down not very active will put in 6 hours lets say thats only coverign 12/24 hrs

where as a more active person puts in 8-12 hrs. So the top always will have that advantage.

but as you said if they cannot defend with the account then it no longer matters. but thought id clariffy what i meant.

so im much more in favour of the idea now, as you do manage to make the game less intimidating for a new players, that dont wish to give out personal info (assuming they can find some one to 'nurse' thier account that isnt a similar time zone to them, which is hard if its a group of real life friends :p)
but its better than nothign or phone numbers being the only options.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
thank you for the kind words im glad i finally explained it properly (how typical of me!!)

but alas even if everyone agreed i doubt we'd see any chance of something like this being impemented but ideas and discussions always make me happy :)

Sekishi

Pruner
Want bigger battles you need Bigger ETA. Want Less Activity Requirement while stil favoring those that can contact others also increase the ETA. In other games of the same generere as Bushtarion standard attacks usualy take 5 Houers 1 way minimum. While this is hopeless for Bushtarion, it is possible to increase it. To 1 Houer or 1 houer and 20mins etc each way.

If you increase the basic amount of ticks needed on the "Attack" units, but keep it shorter for "Deffence" units. You start to favor the Deffender more. In a time where it seams very easy to get away with a round for the best this might even be favorable for the game to make it last and stil be a bit of a challange. Powerblocking itself aint a problem, the problem is when 1 Block is massivly stronger then another block. Alot of games usualy only have 2 or 3 Blocks fighting for the win, the rest well their "noobies" all alliances etc would join one of the blocks. So games can survive on powerblocking. It can survive spies also. But

Games cant survive Stress. If you constantly stress, constantly get little sleep and this repeats round after round without changes to freshen up the game. You burn players out, they becomme less caring, less focused. The better players are usualy the ones that wins, quiets for most of the round then return for next if they lose. They save their energies and just duke it out but once its clear who wins they stop. There are several things that can be done to even gameplay out. But very few of these changes would be supported by the "better" part of the playerbase as it would put them more at a disadvantage.

I agree on the term the more active the better, but in Bush it does go a little to the extreme. Some basic Changes is make Armies act every 2 Ticks instead of every 1. Basicly dobling the attack or deffence eta. But also doubling the reaction time possible. Or simply increase the eta, stealth eta and everything for all units except the deffence units or "boost" units. Make it easier to deffend. In return you raise the Landcap to something that hurts alot more say 25%. This means for Attackers its more Land to Gain, Deffenders gets more time to organise and if they dont it hurts alot more. This would make it more likly to be more battles. The bigger allies would also need to deffend more and not just run also as 25% landgrab from a top player can be alot and is not always easy to regain.

But if you want to solve problems the game is having you first need to do 2 things.

First: Ask the creator or those he trusts to aid him what kind or how much work their willing to put in to fix problems, ask them what are their goals ? Increase in buisniss ? more players ? ask them basicly what they are willing and willing to get done. Basicly, what kind of timeframe is realistic.

Second: Make a list of all kinds of problems the game is having, is it getting stale, boring, to hard on new players etc. After the list is complete start a discussion for each problem ask for suggestions on THAT topic and let that continue for a month or two. Then go over it and try to find 2 or 3 good alternatives and present it to Azzer or those he works with. And let them see if its doable or not. If not just repeat the process.

And a final tip. Dont copy me, even now i doubt a massive change in structure or unitbase will happend. Simply because it is the most timeconsuming element in bush. ballance, the need to redo and fix it. The general feeling is "its close enough" atm, and that they dont want to destroy that ballance. Or atlest this has been the feeling for several years now.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Want bigger battles you need Bigger ETA. Want Less Activity Requirement while stil favoring those that can contact others also increase the ETA. In other games of the same generere as Bushtarion standard attacks usualy take 5 Houers 1 way minimum. While this is hopeless for Bushtarion, it is possible to increase it. To 1 Houer or 1 houer and 20mins etc each way.

If you increase the basic amount of ticks needed on the "Attack" units, but keep it shorter for "Deffence" units. You start to favor the Deffender more. In a time where it seams very easy to get away with a round for the best this might even be favorable for the game to make it last and stil be a bit of a challange. Powerblocking itself aint a problem, the problem is when 1 Block is massivly stronger then another block. Alot of games usualy only have 2 or 3 Blocks fighting for the win, the rest well their "noobies" all alliances etc would join one of the blocks. So games can survive on powerblocking. It can survive spies also.

The way the game is designed makes they very suggestion a VERY bad one.. Give them that much time to respond, and it will take some massive bashing to accomplish anything, thus creating and even bigger rift between the top, and the bottom.. Favor defense too much, and you will have less attacks, thus less battles. It would make rounds stagnant much more quickly..

Games cant survive Stress. If you constantly stress, constantly get little sleep and this repeats round after round without changes to freshen up the game. You burn players out, they becomme less caring, less focused. The better players are usualy the ones that wins, quiets for most of the round then return for next if they lose. They save their energies and just duke it out but once its clear who wins they stop. There are several things that can be done to even gameplay out. But very few of these changes would be supported by the "better" part of the playerbase as it would put them more at a disadvantage.

People who put in the time to play, and the dedication do well, those who put in less, don't do as well. That is how it is. If you can be online 12 hours a day, you'll be able to attack much more often and get more land, as well as defend more incomings.. That will not change.

I agree on the term the more active the better, but in Bush it does go a little to the extreme. Some basic Changes is make Armies act every 2 Ticks instead of every 1. Basicly dobling the attack or deffence eta. But also doubling the reaction time possible. Or simply increase the eta, stealth eta and everything for all units except the defence units or "boost" units. Make it easier to defend. In return you raise the Landcap to something that hurts alot more say 25%. This means for Attackers its more Land to Gain, Defenders gets more time to organize and if they dont it hurts alot more. This would make it more likely to be more battles. The bigger allies would also need to defend more and not just run also as 25% landgrab from a top player can be a lot and is not always easy to regain.

Again, your just slowing the game down, ultimately causing it to become stagnant.. If thats the kind of game you want.. Utopia is a good alternative, and free. The attraction to bushtarion is the fast-pace and the competition. The more you play, the more competitive you can be.

Ultimately, slowing the game down will not fix any problems, you'll just drag them out.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
"The attraction to bushtarion is the fast-pace and the competition."

What competition? are there more than 3 or 4 alliances any round capable of winning it?? i think not... how many play for the 12 hours or so a day required to win? not many..

Fast paced? waiting 10 mins to do anything? 130mins for an attack? Bushtarion is a tick based game sure some people might not like 20min or 5 min or any other length of time ticks but at the end of the day this is not an action game its a tick based strategy game sure some may not like longer ticks but will this number be more than the game has already lost? again i think not many would come back and i believe more would join if activity wasnt so crucial

"Ultimately, slowing the game down will not fix any problems, you'll just drag them out" not if the problem is that too much activity is required and the majority of players have no wish to compete due to the time constraints winning implies.....

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
melnibone, you obviously don't have much experience with other similar games. Bushtarion IS fasted paced for its style. Many other games take a minimum of 5 hours to complete an attack, or attacks are instant and just don't do as much damage.

The attraction to the game has ALWAYS been the fun associated with it, a lot of which is in part from the speed (10 minute ticks isn't much time) and its competitiveness. You could go from rank 1 to rank 300 in a very short time, fall asleep and get raped down to practically nothing. Most other games are NOT that competitive.

The problem isn't so much that too much activity is requires, as that the game mechanics encourages bashing, massing, and repeat attacks much more than they discourage it. New players can't even get a handle on things before they are zeroed and land-raped. Then they rebuild, only to have it happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if new players stuck around for more than 1 round.

To top it off, they might come on the forums, or go into mIRC, and ask a question that most experienced players would think is stupid, and too easy to answer, so that they are flamed right out of the room. Its generally not as bad on the forums.

If you REALLY want to increase the player-base again, its going to take more than slowing the game down.. I'd never have gotten into the game the way I did if it were slower.

If your going to flame my post, you could at least do so constructively. Never thought you'd be one to troll.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
In what way was his post a flame/troll? :/

Seemed like a perfectly friendly response to me. If you want to see flames and trolls you should go read Zaheen's discussion thread :p

Zaheen

BANNED
melnibone, you obviously don't have much experience with other similar games.
Then you know nothing about Melni.

Half the round time
Half the alliances
5 minute ticks - burn the no lifers out the game.

Then fix it accordingly.

Last edited:

Melnibone

Head Gardener
melnibone, you obviously don't have much experience with other similar games. Bushtarion IS fasted paced for its style. Many other games take a minimum of 5 hours to complete an attack, or attacks are instant and just don't do as much damage.

The attraction to the game has ALWAYS been the fun associated with it, a lot of which is in part from the speed (10 minute ticks isn't much time) and its competitiveness. You could go from rank 1 to rank 300 in a very short time, fall asleep and get raped down to practically nothing. Most other games are NOT that competitive.

The problem isn't so much that too much activity is requires, as that the game mechanics encourages bashing, massing, and repeat attacks much more than they discourage it. New players can't even get a handle on things before they are zeroed and land-raped. Then they rebuild, only to have it happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if new players stuck around for more than 1 round.

To top it off, they might come on the forums, or go into mIRC, and ask a question that most experienced players would think is stupid, and too easy to answer, so that they are flamed right out of the room. Its generally not as bad on the forums.

If you REALLY want to increase the player-base again, its going to take more than slowing the game down.. I'd never have gotten into the game the way I did if it were slower.

If your going to flame my post, you could at least do so constructively. Never thought you'd be one to troll.

flaming and trolling?? please tell me how having a different opinion to you can be construed as a troll or a flame? I stated the reasons i thought your opinion was wrong nothing more and tbh to try and stop any form of constructive debate by hurling insinuations of flames and trolls when neither occured only succeeds in showing you have no faith in your actual argument.

bluehen55

Harvester
melnibone, you obviously don't have much experience with other similar games.
Then you know nothing about Melni.

Half the round time
Half the alliances
5 minute ticks - burn the no lifers out the game.

Then fix it accordingly.

Yes, in a game where one of the biggest problems is the decreasing player base lets try to force out even more players, while at the same time ignoring the problems 5 minute ticks pose for less active players.

saint1d

Head Gardener
Not bothered to read all 4 pages here...

If people are so concerned with the impact of having to be contactable 24/7, why dont alliances start to say "we dont want your number, lets just play for fun"? If fun is what people want then why not? At first I thought this suggestion was ridiculous, but the more I think about it, the more I believe it could work.

So what if people die, so what if another alliance gets the lead because they decide they will be contactable? If an ally wins because their members miraculously get online it will be so obvious they have "cheated" and not won through skill, they can be flamed and their win will count for nothing.

We all love this game, and most people have the same concerns.

Thoughts?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
flaming and trolling?? please tell me how having a different opinion to you can be construed as a troll or a flame? I stated the reasons i thought your opinion was wrong nothing more and tbh to try and stop any form of constructive debate by hurling insinuations of flames and trolls when neither occured only succeeds in showing you have no faith in your actual argument.

You didn't offer "constructive" criticism, you offered "destructive" criticize, all you did was disagree by trying to tear my argument down without offering your own side to it... :p Simple as that..

Slow the tick lengths without changing the mechanics of the game as a whole will only make the game go stagnant. The only people you will be able to land on are solos who don't have pnaps, bots, or inactive alliances.

Now tell me, when you basically make the game where the most successful people are the ones who are lucky enough to find the solos and inactives quickly and get a land lead early, and then are impossible to catch later? To make his suggestion feasible, you would have to vastly change the mechanics of the game. Otherwise, all you will have are 20 people from 1 alliance all on 1 tick against 20 people from another alliance, staring for 8 hours while they wait for the first tick..

Sekishi

Pruner
Lucky, You are missing the point Enterily. Today your standard attack is ETA 5. Send end of tick and its ETA 4 that means: In 40mins your at Attacking for 3.

If you want to send any Deffence ETA 3 is probably the latest for any effective Lethal Response can be sendt. And you have 40 Minutes to survive. School Scheduals is based around 45 or 90 Minutes pr Class most places. So at the very least 1 More Tick added to attack Time making it 50 Minutes attack. Would allow the game to becomme alot less activity dependant on those stil in school. Add another Tick and you will have the means to more likly have a chance to send deffences even if your studing.

This would not make it LESS Time demanding. But it would make it more ADAPTABLE for players that wish to play the game but cant due to work or school. If you also UP the Stealth ETA reveal that at latest its revealed at eta 2 and not ETA 1 you also make the game more friendly without lessening the idea of the Active will always do better.

Its not about removing Bushtarion from the "Fast Paced" Gameplay. Its about making the Game more Player Friendly. More Life friendly. Sure it favors the deffenders more. But honestly Lucky, how can there really be more Bashing in Bushtarion ? Those that attack you are usualy much bigger already or their affter Honor or Fame as i stil call it ratings so their "Rating Hunters" or then its just the Kill Mission sendt with pure stealth or othervise to destroy your army. None of these would be removed, It would however make it more friendly for those not in the smal % that can actualy win the game. And if people want Free Wins almost everyround why even play ? Aint it more fun when its actualy a challange to win ? Not just Sit infront of the comptuer all day and you atlest have a 50% chance already. I dont think that ever was the point of the game.

If we go down the same line further. What the game most likly needs at the moment is 3 Things. 2 Of which is realisticly done. 1: It need to be more Starter Friendly, basicly make it alot easier for first timers or the noobs to get started in the game. This can be done in many ways and Toturial is not a mandatory element. 2: Little less Activity Demand for Survival or being usefull. Slowing the game down a few smal steps will be good for it. Not making it slow like 5 Houers attacks. But adding perhaps 40mins for attack + Return wont harm the game much. Hell it will only mean people can probably sleep more. And 3: It needs to Freshen up, this is unlikly due to the effort it will require on ballance. But just like how the Front Page got updated to look more attractive to new people. The game content need to be updated to stil remain fresh for the old.

Fix those 3 Elements and the game has a much higher chance of actualy increasing in playernubers instead of declining. For First 2 only smal Changes are needed that would take perhaps 1 Houer total of work to fix. Example Change what players start with. Enough Gardeners, Enough Harvestors, more cash and perhaps enough Wheelies to be able to attack a low lvl bot that helps people get their first attack out. That alone would make the game more beginner friendly. More acres to speed up the game a bit so they can start teching early would also be a pluss, or create some very cheap devolopment simply to allow people the feeling their actualy doing something in the beginning.

For less activily you just up the ETA of all Offensive units by 1 or 2 depending on the unit itself. Means its easier to deffend, but if you increase the Land Cap a bit to compensate for the attackers. You end up with more actual battles and less just log on move out get a smal grab and repeat. Its not the death of the game to have to wait 10 or 20 more minutes for your results.

As for Freshen up. That would mean new Ingame Interface and probably new Unit and Devolopment Structure. But Unless the whole community pitches in and creates one together and presents almost a done deal to Azzer, Its probably very unlikly it will ever happend. Thought the game has always had enough talented individuals that would be capable of going together and work together to create something like this if Azzer in the first place gave Approval for the idea but that it would more or less need to be a "Done Package" for it to be accepted. Basicly Minimual amount of work on his part.

Fix these 3 Elements. And you likly will have a much more fun game again. Then again, does the community even desire sutch changes anymore ? Or is ruling til the game dies the main focus now ?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Not bothered to read all 4 pages here...

If people are so concerned with the impact of having to be contactable 24/7, why dont alliances start to say "we dont want your number, lets just play for fun"? If fun is what people want then why not? At first I thought this suggestion was ridiculous, but the more I think about it, the more I believe it could work.

So what if people die, so what if another alliance gets the lead because they decide they will be contactable? If an ally wins because their members miraculously get online it will be so obvious they have "cheated" and not won through skill, they can be flamed and their win will count for nothing.

We all love this game, and most people have the same concerns.

Thoughts?

That's what I did last round with Comatose. Nobody was contactable except Smed, and nobody bothered contacting him anyway since the first time TehPantz tried it Smed picked up the phone and gave him a massive phone bill :p

In all honesty, winning counts for nothing these days anyway. Oh yay I won against 10 semi-active funsies alliances woo I rock!

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Lucky, You are missing the point Enterily. Today your standard attack is ETA 5. Send end of tick and its ETA 4 that means: In 40mins your at Attacking for 3.

If you want to send any Deffence ETA 3 is probably the latest for any effective Lethal Response can be sendt. And you have 40 Minutes to survive. School Scheduals is based around 45 or 90 Minutes pr Class most places. So at the very least 1 More Tick added to attack Time making it 50 Minutes attack. Would allow the game to becomme alot less activity dependant on those stil in school. Add another Tick and you will have the means to more likly have a chance to send deffences even if your studing.

This would not make it LESS Time demanding. But it would make it more ADAPTABLE for players that wish to play the game but cant due to work or school. If you also UP the Stealth ETA reveal that at latest its revealed at eta 2 and not ETA 1 you also make the game more friendly without lessening the idea of the Active will always do better.

Its not about removing Bushtarion from the "Fast Paced" Gameplay. Its about making the Game more Player Friendly. More Life friendly. Sure it favors the deffenders more. But honestly Lucky, how can there really be more Bashing in Bushtarion ? Those that attack you are usualy much bigger already or their affter Honor or Fame as i stil call it ratings so their "Rating Hunters" or then its just the Kill Mission sendt with pure stealth or othervise to destroy your army. None of these would be removed, It would however make it more friendly for those not in the smal % that can actualy win the game. And if people want Free Wins almost everyround why even play ? Aint it more fun when its actualy a challange to win ? Not just Sit infront of the comptuer all day and you atlest have a 50% chance already. I dont think that ever was the point of the game.

If we go down the same line further. What the game most likly needs at the moment is 3 Things. 2 Of which is realisticly done. 1: It need to be more Starter Friendly, basicly make it alot easier for first timers or the noobs to get started in the game. This can be done in many ways and Toturial is not a mandatory element. 2: Little less Activity Demand for Survival or being usefull. Slowing the game down a few smal steps will be good for it. Not making it slow like 5 Houers attacks. But adding perhaps 40mins for attack + Return wont harm the game much. Hell it will only mean people can probably sleep more. And 3: It needs to Freshen up, this is unlikly due to the effort it will require on ballance. But just like how the Front Page got updated to look more attractive to new people. The game content need to be updated to stil remain fresh for the old.

Fix those 3 Elements and the game has a much higher chance of actualy increasing in playernubers instead of declining. For First 2 only smal Changes are needed that would take perhaps 1 Houer total of work to fix. Example Change what players start with. Enough Gardeners, Enough Harvestors, more cash and perhaps enough Wheelies to be able to attack a low lvl bot that helps people get their first attack out. That alone would make the game more beginner friendly. More acres to speed up the game a bit so they can start teching early would also be a pluss, or create some very cheap devolopment simply to allow people the feeling their actualy doing something in the beginning.

For less activily you just up the ETA of all Offensive units by 1 or 2 depending on the unit itself. Means its easier to deffend, but if you increase the Land Cap a bit to compensate for the attackers. You end up with more actual battles and less just log on move out get a smal grab and repeat. Its not the death of the game to have to wait 10 or 20 more minutes for your results.

As for Freshen up. That would mean new Ingame Interface and probably new Unit and Devolopment Structure. But Unless the whole community pitches in and creates one together and presents almost a done deal to Azzer, Its probably very unlikly it will ever happend. Thought the game has always had enough talented individuals that would be capable of going together and work together to create something like this if Azzer in the first place gave Approval for the idea but that it would more or less need to be a "Done Package" for it to be accepted. Basicly Minimual amount of work on his part.

Fix these 3 Elements. And you likly will have a much more fun game again. Then again, does the community even desire sutch changes anymore ? Or is ruling til the game dies the main focus now ?

I think you misunderstood me.. If you slow the game down, you give people more time to react - This even you agree with.. Now look at it this way.

Everyone has 2 hours instead of 1 to get defense online, they can effectively get twice as many people online to defend, making it difficult for an attacker to land unless 1 of 3 things happen.

1: An organized attack using fakes, reals, and multiple targets to confuse defense and sneak through cracks.

2: A bashing attack, where a bunch of people hit 1 target to ensure the alliance doesn't defend at all.

3: They hit alliances who are too inactive to defend at all, or solos who don't have that option.

The more time you give people to react, the more difficult it is to attack, the more stagnant the game becomes. Adding 1 or 2 ticks to the attack probably wouldn't hurt much, but it also wouldn't give much more time to react.

So basically, the more time you give people to organize, the less likely any attacks will be successful, this applies even to the lower players who don't play as actively. Many of whom will send attacks and go offline because they don't feel like waiting for an hour to see it land, and will get zeroed on defense.

I like that your trying, but I just don't see it working with the current game mechanics.. Make it so that attacks don't kill as many troops, and its a bit easier to flak through defenses (so that you can be attacked without being zeroed, w/o decreasing the exchange of land) and I think a lot of people would play longer.

Sekishi

Pruner
Hmmm I see your way of thinking. I dont completly agree but thats not important. Following your line of thought you would suggest lowering the attack dmg of all troops while keeping their survivability as it is ? A drastic example being Cut all DMG in 2 ? Keep say Blockers and Flak as it is, meaning deffence is stil possible but you dont risk losing as many troops as today, attackers wouldent get away "free" either as chances are later units would get a chance to fire ?

Hmm this has some potensial I guess. But the idea of my plan was simular in a sense. Not to slow the game down alot, but make it a little less time demanding, but not so much you would get the feeling the game is suddenly slow. But i think you also agree the short reaction time, the need to be called at night etc with very short reaction time to organise etc is a problem for the more active players aswell. It shouldent be like the Attackers have massive advantage over their targets. Giving 10 or 20 More Minutes to organise or get people online aint to bad from either standpoint i would belive.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
right, the biggest problem right now is that people with less activity can't compete as well, they get killed in their sleep. If attacks don't zero people so easily, it will allow people to continue to compete, and if you make it possible to still steal land, then it won't cause the round to become stagnant. ^_^ Slowing everything down only allows more time to defend, but if people go through with attacks anyway, because they won't lose everything, and they may still get land.. More battles.. ^_^

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I think statistically, the routes are just about where they need to be finally.
It's taken a very long time to find that balance, so messing it up seems pretty aimless. I think extending time wouldn't solve anything, it would create more boredom with waiting that I already put up with now.
More battles result from people losing less - Hence my idea for an insurance boost. It keeps people attacking, defending, and generally reducing contactability, as you still get 70% of your value back - So it still keeps your game alive, and if you're good at land stealing or bounty hunting, you can rebuild that 30% in one attack at a very minimum.

Zaheen

BANNED
I think Bounty should have an impact on your seed income.

So somebody with 60% bounty and 10k land gets much less income than somebody with 20% bounty and 10k land (assuming the land was the same type).

Wonder what that would do.