• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Round Length

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
imperial_conflict used to have somebody guy like 10 people game cash to donate to HQ to tech HQ on the 2nd weekend of the round :D

Zaheen

BANNED
In terms of gameplay and fun I would like to see shorter rounds...but at the same time I would like to see quicker ticks. So the ticks would be the same perhaps?

I know 5 minute ticks would burn a lot of people out, but then they shouldn't take it too seriously.

In terms of game cash, only Azzers knows what is best for his company. I'm assuming it's different every round and depends solely on the player base. Maybe he feels right now he'll make more than if he made rounds shorter?

I agree with most of you though, what possible harm can it do by trying it for a round or two.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
5 minute ticks are kinda bad because the inactive people get double the disadvantage and let rushes are a lot harder to stop, which would bring an unnecessary rise in contactability and we all know how you feel about contactability :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
what the hell is a mystical pufferfish

Basically, this individual lied to us about a pufferfish in his attic; And that this particular pufferfish couldn't be seen, because if we opened the attic where it was kept, the humidity would rise, and it would die.
This is 100% true. Feel free to spot the holes in the story.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
what the hell is a mystical pufferfish

Basically, this individual lied to us about a pufferfish in his attic; And that this particular pufferfish couldn't be seen, because if we opened the attic where it was kept, the humidity would rise, and it would die.
This is 100% true. Feel free to spot the holes in the story.

holesw.jpg

Reactions: Dax

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
It gets super expensive near the end, if it doesn't last that long it won't be so expensive (top won't be able to farm as much land up)

Ah, I forgot it increases each week. My bad. :p Still, just make it increase a bit faster so by the end of a shorter round you can buy the same amount you'd be able to buy at the end of a longer round?

Anyway, still needs to be tested to see how much of an effect it actually has. I don't know anyone who buys game cash anyway. =/

at the moment as said GC relates to top ranks score/funds. IF you make it so game cash can be purchased and increases on a time basis not a lead/top ranks funds/score basis then you may have people able to buy thier way into the top.

so unless you want to allow that, it'll be hard for the game cash to ever reach the same purchase values. You could up the price of the GC but then it isnt a very nice solution for those that regularly buy GC and support the game. giving them less for thier money.