• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Round Length

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
tbh. Cut down the alliance sizes to half = twice the competitive alliance. Make round shorter = less time for the eventual rank 1 to seedwhore.

That's really all I have to say

Stegosaurus

Pruner
Purposefully triggering AR, whether consensual or not is one of the more exploitive things you can do zaheen. For someone who hates legitimate, albeit rude, tactics like spies it's pretty hypocritical of you. Perhaps you believe everyone should get a permanent 90% AR mod? It would remove those cellphones you hate so much, especially if we all trigger on each other all the time.

Cutting the alliance size in half is a good idea in theory, it would definitely increase competition. But in practice, it increases contactibility/activity requirements and cripples the ability to defend of those rank 2 and lower. 4-5 incomings from a rank 1 alliance is hard enough to defend with 20 people, let alone 10.

I think I'm being misunderstood here. I was just trying to explain to you guys that's it's not cheating, it's not breaking rules - thus, there is nothing wrong with it.

I am beginning to wonder if you are taking the mickey, or are far denser than I originally thought. Did you notice these leaders you hate so much have full alliances this round?

How's yours? Reached halfway yet?

Last edited:

Zaheen

BANNED
Purposefully triggering AR, whether consensual or not is one of the more exploitive things you can do zaheen. For someone who hates legitimate, albeit rude, tactics like spies it's pretty hypocritical of you. Perhaps you believe everyone should get a permanent 90% AR mod? It would remove those cellphones you hate so much, especially if we all trigger on each other all the time.
You really are a dumb [cuss words here] aren't you?

So what, just because ONE person sends at a solo players it means you're going to give him 3 clear ticks before you send?

I've triggered on purpose many times this round, it meant me getting either LAND, or LOTS OF SEEDS.

I didn't know the person, or care about the person in front of me (because they originally sent after me, and after calculating it I realise mine was going to trigger with him behind me, so I recalled and resent). Am I abusing game mechanics now? What because I calculated some AR? Haha ok, IF YOU SAY SO.

4-5 incomings from a rank 1 alliance is hard enough to defend with 20 people, let alone 10.
Wow, look everybody we have a new Albert in town.

I know there is no real need to quote myself, but since you seem to be a little ignorant/cannot read, or don't seem to understand (hence your posts above), then maybe you should scroll up and take another look? OR you can just join him again, kiss each other's [rear end] all round, call each other up in the middle of the night whenever you get some inc in order to save your OMFG precious troops!!!!13141IWIN!31311IOMGz141411!!

WIN WIN WIN, WE ARE THE GREATEST BECAUSE WE GOT RANK 1

Last edited:

Zaheen

BANNED
What are you talking about Stegonoob?

Your entire post was an insult as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Oh No

We're inserting the word 'noob' into the names of the opponents. We know ere this is headed... ABANDON SHIP!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
careful...

On topic; round lengths are (as they are) a good balance in terms of business. Any shorter and as many people wouldn't purchase cash or units. Any longer and, well it'd just get incredibly boring for everyone. Unfortunately that's just the way it is!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
From a business point of view Weeble - I see your point, to a degree (though there's nothing to say that people wouldn't still buy game cash/BPs if the round length was slashed) The increase in competition would make people... more competitive - there would still be the same desire to get ahead.

I don't believe that fewer BC purchases is a real argument here - given the game's future is fairly bleak at the moment. We just aren't getting any new players in, and a lot of players who are still here aren't content to play a round in which things get old and stay old for such a long period of time.

The bottom line is that the (active) player base has effectively halved over the past couple of years - yet round length has stayed the same. If the round length was appropriate when we had 500 people actively playing, how can we say the same 2 years on with nowhere near that figure?

I do think Bush has a chance of turning it around and reversing this decline in numbers - But its going to take radical decisions such as this (and possibly a change to alliance sizes) to help achieve that.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
careful...

On topic; round lengths are (as they are) a good balance in terms of business. Any shorter and as many people wouldn't purchase cash or units. Any longer and, well it'd just get incredibly boring for everyone. Unfortunately that's just the way it is!

Whilst you may be correct, there's no way to know without trying it. Shorter rounds could lead to much more interesting rounds which in turn leads to people buying more game cash and/or purchase units. They could also lead to less old players leaving the game which, obviously, provides more income (or rather, less lost income). Imo, shorter rounds should be trialled for 2-3 rounds.

Also, in terms of purchase units coming out too late into the round, there's a very simple solution to this. Change which units are purchase units. For example, in the Thug route, make Bikers rather than TLs the punit. Of course, this wouldn't necessarily alter how many people buy purchase units but it's worth considering/trialling imo as it would allow purchase units to come out much earlier.

Zaheen

BANNED
I really do enjoy private worlds very much, because I know the players usually have the mentality that it doesn't count, and have more fun.

Not sure the mentality would be the same in "World 1" though, so I really can't see much changing other than an increase in the decrease of the playerbase.

Saying that, 76 days does tend to drag a bit, I started 2-3 weeks into the round, fully tech'd 3 full routes, was inactive on all 3 of them, even took 2-3 weeks in between the last account I made, and I was still bored. Even on the last one.

Maybe I'm getting bored of the game too easily just like I use to, it's really hard to pinpoint the reason.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
careful...

Whilst you may be correct, there's no way to know without trying it. Shorter rounds could lead to much more interesting rounds which in turn leads to people buying more game cash and/or purchase units. They could also lead to less old players leaving the game which, obviously, provides more income (or rather, less lost income). Imo, shorter rounds should be trialled for 2-3 rounds.

Also, in terms of purchase units coming out too late into the round, there's a very simple solution to this. Change which units are purchase units. For example, in the Thug route, make Bikers rather than TLs the punit. Of course, this wouldn't necessarily alter how many people buy purchase units but it's worth considering/trialling imo as it would allow purchase units to come out much earlier.

I agree. I'm much less likely to buy game cash in a stagnant round where i know it will have at most a limited effect. But i would be more inclined to buy a Punit every round and some game cash at an appropriate time to get a tactical advantage. Something like that anyways.

I think that maintaining the status quo is not a boon for the game; Change may or may not be the answer but I think it's worth a good try.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
careful...

Whilst you may be correct, there's no way to know without trying it.

We did - The server crash round? :p That was great!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I'd also like to point out I can understand why rounds aren't shorter in terms of Game Cash, but I'm almost CERTAIN if rounds were lowered to say, 48 days rather than 76 you'd make more money. I'm pretty confident that the same people will still buy punits even with a shorter round (as long as you lower the free punit thing).

Game Cash I can't say, other than maybe make it 30% more expensive? Idk.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
We did - The server crash round? :p That was great!

That's really not the same seeing as people didn't know that was happening and punit prices weren't adjusted for a shorter round.

I'd also like to point out I can understand why rounds aren't shorter in terms of Game Cash

I can't. At the moment there's roughly 4 rounds per year so 44 weeks of people being able to buy game cash (I think? 52 weeks minus 4 for inbetween round breaks and minus 4 for the first week of each round). If there was say 6 rounds per year, there would be 40 weeks of people being able to buy game cash. Not really a huge difference. I don't think those who buy game cash would buy any less just because a round was shorter and shorter rounds may encourage more game cash buying as rounds may be more exciting.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
It gets super expensive near the end, if it doesn't last that long it won't be so expensive (top won't be able to farm as much land up)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It gets super expensive near the end, if it doesn't last that long it won't be so expensive (top won't be able to farm as much land up)

Ah, I forgot it increases each week. My bad. :p Still, just make it increase a bit faster so by the end of a shorter round you can buy the same amount you'd be able to buy at the end of a longer round?

Anyway, still needs to be tested to see how much of an effect it actually has. I don't know anyone who buys game cash anyway. =/