• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Random Alliances

Zaheen

BANNED
Ok suggestion adapted from both Martins suggestion and Twigleys gripe.

Normal alliance recruitment (has to be public), and random alliance recruitment which is always private (unless set to public by the leader).

So say if somebody makes a ftw alliance (well tries to) they have to do it in the open, meanwhile all the random alliances can target them if they see them as a big threat.

Random alliances -> Well anybody can lead one, and select random as an option, by this I mean random - so whoever is applying to an alliance gets put into a random alliance needing members, not sure how this would balance out but, since it random who cares.

e.g.

Random #1 (10 members)
Random #2 (8 members)
Random #3 (6 members)

Random #3 would get 2 more members until they have the same amount as Random #2.

Players can be kicked in either alliance, and to stop people from cheating there could be a timer/limit on how many alliances you can join, to prevent people trying to abuse / group.

The leader can be changed by vote, random or normal.

Just a few suggestions, usually always get shot down in flames but, I wouldn't mind being in a random alliance although I have more fun playing solo, and targetting out the top alliance anyway - which would only help my suggestion.

-----

Thinking about it more there could be a few problems, like people in the random alliances may decide to break off and form an alliance (public) with the other high members of the other random alliances, but I really doubt this would happen. And if it did, I doubt they would last very long anyway.

Alliance Caps
Random = 20 members (private/public)
Public = 10/15 members (private/public)

This would enable a group of 10 players to form their own private alliance, just throwing them numbers out there, can be changed.

-----

Any other thoughts?

nopjes
Having recruitment for 5 players before the random alliance is formed, would be a group of friends wanting to play together - but could see 1/3 of a powerblock forming is 3 alliances did that =]

Last edited:

nopjes

Head Gardener
I'm all for giving it a try, but it is pretty drastic. you can't really oversee the consequences
on the other hand, players will join an alliance as soon as they sign up wich will get them into communicating with other players straight away! one thing i'd like to see tho is, make (incase of 20 man alliances) like 5 spots available for recruiting players people know.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
what happens when all the veteran players wait till all the randoms are filled up and then create one and have all other 19 of their members quickly hit the join alliance button? surely you'd get a veteran alliance in private then?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
There was a monumental random(ish) alliances thread with a poll and **** and it was quite better than your idea :p But sadly Azzer won't do anything about that, nor this.

Zaheen

BANNED
what happens when all the veteran players wait till all the randoms are filled up and then create one and have all other 19 of their members quickly hit the join alliance button? surely you'd get a veteran alliance in private then?

And what if there was somebody who made an alliance a day before that? So half the members go straight in there?

That would fail so miserably for that group of "pros" ; )

There was a monumental random(ish) alliances thread with a poll and **** and it was quite better than your idea :p But sadly Azzer won't do anything about that, nor this.

Just your opinion, not really contributing to this thread at all though so kindly take your spam to the spam thread thank you =]

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
It's hardly spam, what I'm saying is - you'll never be able to make Azzer do this so it's pointless

Zaheen

BANNED
Anyway, you've made your point - and you've also made 3 useless posts on the thread...

Whether it is implemented or not, is there a need to spam it? I'm sure if the majority thought it was a good idea, something would be done about it regardless of Azzers help (i.e. Martin/Twigleys idea).

nopjes

Head Gardener
Anyway, you've made your point - and you've also made 3 useless posts on the thread...

Whether it is implemented or not, is there a need to spam it? I'm sure if the majority thought it was a good idea, something would be done about it regardless of Azzers help (i.e. Martin/Twigleys idea).

this last post was useless aswell :p

It's hardly spam, what I'm saying is - you'll never be able to make Azzer do this so it's pointless
it's not the point weither he'd implement it, same goes for all the route idea's and most suggestions, it's more about someone wanting to discuss about something he thought would do the game good. and hear other people's view on it. So pls stop posting azzer won't implement it anyway its pointless blablabla in every suggestion plz.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

And what if there was somebody who made an alliance a day before that? So half the members go straight in there?

Just your opinion, not really contributing to this thread at all though so kindly take your spam to the spam thread thank you =]

then couldnt they just wait until it filled up before creating theres? :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Yeah, all alliances filled up, that sounds likely. :p

My objection with this idea, would be that as a really active player, you can get stuck with, no offence asmo, 19 DW-ian members, who play for fun and are online 2h a day. You'd just force active players to play solo, form solo attack groups etc etc.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Yeah, all alliances filled up, that sounds likely. :p

My objection with this idea, would be that as a really active player, you can get stuck with, no offence asmo, 19 DW-ian members, who play for fun and are online 2h a day. You'd just force active players to play solo, form solo attack groups etc etc.

It will if i zerp them all! tbh i think all the negatives from the old randomalliance thread applies to this one aswel. Sorry Zaheen!

Zaheen

BANNED
Why are you apologising? I don't mind that you disagree, I don't think I was around when the other thread for posted, or even know what it was about, I'm sure the situation is different now than it was then.

As for actives with a group of inactives - nobody is forcing anybody to join one, it's for people who don't care about winning and play for fun anyway, but with bigger advantages and thus a greater chance of winning.

I feel that any decent alliance only needs a few solid players, the rest just need to be able to read/take orders.

And to repeat, if players did wait for an alliance to be filled before joining then that is simply just sad, and would only damage the idea/player base even more, like I said in my first post it's just an idea, you're right Shadowbane Azzer probably won't do anything about this idea, maybe I should be more like you...not post any suggestions and shoot down everyone else.

No troll/flame intended there.

Last edited: