Messed up code?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
At first it was my laptop, and then i've been on 2 different PC's (All using Firefox) and i have had the same problem.

Often when i refresh pages on forums and ingame. the code is messed up and im seeing black boxes over units, text right aligned. On the forums rather than showing the whole page, it shows half then the rest of the page is in html / phpbb code.

Has anyone else found this when using firefox or other browsers?
Ill try get some print screens but im meant to be writing a dissertation.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
ForumCodeMessed-1.jpg

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Front page - notice the weird colouring around all links, helicopter, box etc.

Frontpagemessed.jpg

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Thanks for that stupid comment.
And it's more than 1 PC.
It's 3.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
What addons are you rolling? Same on all three computers? (assuming problem only occurs within Firefox on each PC)

lillie

Harvester
Mine is ok did ask for update which I didn`t do.
think I`m running 3.5

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It isn't an addon problem; this problem has never happened since after this server crash and add-on's havn't been changed.

I'm using the same firefox version as ever also and never had a problem on all 3 pc's.
Although it is an old(er) version, was there some change with the server set up im wondering?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Nothing at all. From the screenies it looks like it's an actual browser issue failing to render the page correctly - which is strange when the same thing's happening on all three machines simultaneously... actually looking at the first screenshot of the forums it looks like Firefox itself is failing :-S

Does it happen solely on Bushtarion.com or are other sites affected also? I've never had it happen here...

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The pink boxes looks like a heavily corrupted graphics issue, the forums one looks like an error with the page - but obviously it's not, the page is just the same, everyone else is fine, and it's just you.

I'd say it's your ISP/connection, screwing up or injecting something - so the page code is being received corrupted/malformed/"not as intended".

Might be able to aid you in working out what it might be if you can do a view->source, select all (ctrl+a), copy (ctrl+c), and paste that to a notepad file, and email me that file (admin at bushtarion dot com). Don't just do a "save as" from the web page, as Firefox will alter the HTML - I need it "raw/unedited" which you can get by viewing the source and copying from the source window. That way at the very least I can see if the HTML your browser is receiving is "invalid" - ie not what it should be receiving, which can pinpoint it to your connection (if not a specific computer).

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
atsan said:
your computer has aids

Steve_God said:
Looks like his ISP has aids :p

Rofl, ladies and gentlemen - Our incredibly useful helpers/mods :p

Distressed user: "Why didn't my geos land on this target"

Steve: "Your geos prolleh just have aids, dw."

Darryl

Head Gardener
I frequently have the same problem. This is using Chrome, not Firefox. Cleared cache/cookies/temp files.

I have the forum error, and have also had a problem with ingame page display, clicky. This happens about 10% of page loads.

I had this put down to a colour scheme problem, but it's only started happening in the last two weeks, plus the forum display problem pictured above.

I'm with Virgin.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Might be able to aid you in working out what it might be if you can do a view->source, select all (ctrl+a), copy (ctrl+c), and paste that to a notepad file, and email me that file (admin at bushtarion dot com). Don't just do a "save as" from the web page, as Firefox will alter the HTML - I need it "raw/unedited" which you can get by viewing the source and copying from the source window. That way at the very least I can see if the HTML your browser is receiving is "invalid" - ie not what it should be receiving, which can pinpoint it to your connection (if not a specific computer).

That's the only thing I can do to help try to identify any errors at this stage, as long as the code is copy & pasted exactly (so I can see it, unmodified, exactly as your browser received it). So next time you get a screwed up page, stop, view source, copy it, paste it to an empty notepad file in it's full and unmodified, and email me that file!

Souls

Official Helper
Darryl, I get pages without html loading like that a bunch; If I refresh the page it normally loads out just fine. I've always attributed it to my net not fully loading the page during peak hours, since I have shitty internet. :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Im with virgin and its never happened to me, and our internet is horrifically awful :p