The Wiki Still Exists!!!

Steve_God

Official Helper
But only if you know the exact URL...
Google still hold the caches! :D

Search for the web link in google (copy/paste the whole url) and then click 'Cached' on the bottom right of the link!

Eg, My history link on my sig. is at:
http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:...God&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

I've quickly saved that to my computer so when the cache disappears, I'll still have it!
I'd recommend doing the same for any pages you still wish to keep :)

Darryl

Head Gardener
Yup, Azzer found it yesterday, but the Wiki isn't being brought back. Instead he has coded in an edit feature for people with ingame helper privileges. Go to the helper section and note the new link. Then get to work with the editing. ;)

Steve_God

Official Helper
In addition, I also found this for those wanting some stuff from a bit further back:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.bushtarion.com/wiki/

Enjoy :)

Update: Damn your stealthy replying Darryl!
Well he hadn't posted in on here so I didn't know ;) lol
I've already saved a few of the strategy pages, so if Azzer gives me editing permissions then I may try and incorporate some of the stuff in there :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steve's got access now too - it's the 4th menu option in the in-game helper section. You are directly editing the HTML of the pages, so be careful! It's not defaulted as on for all helpers - but any helper that wants to try their hand at editing and updating the manual is welcome to it.

Still a few things missing from it - eg at the moment there's no warning if you edit a page at the same time as someone else... and no way to insert whole new sections/whole new pages... but it's a start :p

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The page that tells you how to get all the "user awards" definitely wants salvaging :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Steve's got access now too - it's the 4th menu option in the in-game helper section. You are directly editing the HTML of the pages, so be careful! It's not defaulted as on for all helpers - but any helper that wants to try their hand at editing and updating the manual is welcome to it.

Still a few things missing from it - eg at the moment there's no warning if you edit a page at the same time as someone else... and no way to insert whole new sections/whole new pages... but it's a start :p

I can't actually promise that I will post/edit anything on there, but I'll take the access to do it, so I at least have the option! :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I was just looking at that Web Archives site...

Would that happen to have anything from the old bush forums, which so many people missed?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Charlie_B

Harvester
Would that happen to have anything from the old bush forums, which so many people missed?
It does indeed!
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.bushtarion.com/
Just find the forum link on the pages! \o/

aww i tried it, got to forum page, but you can only see pages with direct links from that page. ie only threads with a new post for each section... theres some interesting reading there, sad its so limited...

Indeed :(
This current server crash was irritating, but it's only one round, whereas years of memories from the best days of bush were wiped out for no reason when the old forums went.