Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Lupus

Head Gardener
Just a question to everyone, how many times have you nuked a game without camping like a lil *****?

Treedude

Harvester
Never, but I don't ever expect to, even with camping :p There, now someones answered you you can tell us how many times you've done it, I can tell you're dying to :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i think my longest kill streak is like 5 so..... i don't think i'm ever going to nuke anything, ever :p

Changer

Head Gardener
I found that by standing still and looking up at a harrier when its firing at you causes it to miss. The bullets seem to just spray around you and not hit. Maybe its just me tho.

Enigma

Weeder
Here's a little tip for 'Cold Blooded' challenges (if you want to go past just getting 'pro').

If you ever see a helicopter spinning out of control, you can just shoot at it with your primary weapon and every bullet that hits, counts as a cold blooded kill (assuming you have cold-blooded on ofc)... you don't see the 'hit detection' indicator, but as long as you're on target, it will work

The problem is you won't see many, as Stingers/Javelins will kill helicopters in one shot (they just blow up)... but if you use RPG/AT launchers, they apparently will never blow it up, just cause it to spin out of control when it runs out of health.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
just yesterday, i got killed after the match winning kill.

There were two guys at the top of some stairs So ive sprinted up the stairs and tried to knife some guy. Meanwhile, the guy i tried to knife got killed by my team mate from another direction (the match winning kill), then other guy knifed me a split second later.

I was like, WTF? I looked at the bottom left where the kills are shown, and me being knifed was the last thing shown. Im 100% sure cause i double and triple checked that it was the last kill.

How weird is that?

Changer

Head Gardener
The kill probably counted as it was so close in timing to the other, but the other kill was still the match winning kill, as it was the kill that did indeed win the match.

Treedude

Harvester
Pretty handy tip about the Cold Blooded kills, will use that when I go back to it. Right now I am enjoying my discovery of using Lightweight with Marathon and Ninja Pro, sprinting around at Usain Bolt like speeds without making a sound ftw, managed to get some awesome knife kills with it. Once again will be in a mix later on, we should definitely get a game on the go!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Firstly I have to say PS3 > Xbox.
Loving Mosh pit, came on as a FFA on Rust which was insanely awsome :p
Unlocked everything on several guns now :D Just running around with marathon lightweight commando and tactical knife stabbing people!

Nitrous

Head Gardener
I've only had the game for 2/3 days now; awesome game! But what exactly counts towards your kill streak? Got a sentry gun (from a 5 kill streak - not care package, i know they don't count towards it.), got at least 4/5 kills from that without dieing in between, and didnt get harrier airstrike :S.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I've only had the game for 2/3 days now; awesome game! But what exactly counts towards your kill streak? Got a sentry gun (from a 5 kill streak - not care package, i know they don't count towards it.), got at least 4/5 kills from that without dieing in between, and didnt get harrier airstrike :S.

yeah, im pretty sure they dont count (anything from an airdrop doesnt count, which includes turrets). But they can be real awesome for getting kills when set up in the right spot...

I usually use predator missle...

however atm ive got care package, emergency airdrop and AC130: im trying to do the Spectre challenges...which wont happen for a while :p

Hoofed

Weeder
omg totally over being australian playing this game... its total BS how the developers have made it purely uk+US hosting... and if u somehow do get a green connection (aus or NZ host) it crashes after one or 2 rounds coz of the internet strength comparitive to the states... #

still find it way funny how much the us guys really do suck at this game coz even with a dodgy connection still have no problem getting my AC130 in the air almost every round.

just wish the next COD release will allow local server searches

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
omg totally over being australian playing this game... its total BS how the developers have made it purely uk+US hosting... and if u somehow do get a green connection (aus or NZ host) it crashes after one or 2 rounds coz of the internet strength comparitive to the states... #

still find it way funny how much the us guys really do suck at this game coz even with a dodgy connection still have no problem getting my AC130 in the air almost every round.

just wish the next COD release will allow local server searches

umm, as far as I know you're connected to the best host possible. Games arent hosted through servers, players host them.

Its more likely the problem you're experiencing is that the majority of hosts originate from either the US or the EU, and the game determines these to be the only viable options.

I miss the old gears of war 1 style matchmaking system, whereby you could refresh a list of hosts and can pick someone geographically close by :(