SPAM Everywhere!!!!!

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
What is up with this damn SPAM links popping up everywhere? :x

I though there was at least some kind of security check in place for these automated-bot-registrations nonsense... :s

Is there anything that can stop this onslaught of spamming???
:eating:

Go forth Azzer(and Mods)....vanquish this villain from our midst!!!! :2gunfire:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've just check the Reports sub-forum, an area of the forum only moderators can view. The last report concerning spam was submitted by Ogluk, 28-10-2009, 07:12 PM.

The post involved, and all other spam posts created by the bot, were removed: 28-10-2009, 07:18 PM. The spam bot was perma-banned at exactly the same time.

-

I appreciate that there has been a notable rise in the number of spam-bots, but moderators are acting as quickly as humanly possible to deal with these incidents.

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
:whipped:

well then get to it!!!!

:D
just kidding....thank you for all the hard work
:cheers:

we are not worthy :nworthy:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Your reading it wrong :)

I believe what DA is trying to say is that he understands the amount of Spam/Spam-Bots does appear to have risen but the moderation team is doing everything possible to catch and ban these Spam-Bots ASAP.

Also, as DA touched on, if you notice any spam please make use of the report function as that highlights it to all moderators so can often be dealt with quicker!

:D

Last edited:

Xyther

Beginner
The last report concerning spam was submitted by Ogluk, 28-10-2009, 07:12 PM.

Now please forgive me if I am misunderstanding but why are you stressing the relevance of the last report? Surely to demonstrate the efficiency of the moderators it should be measured from when the first report was made.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The last report concerning spam was submitted by Ogluk, 28-10-2009, 07:12 PM.

Now please forgive me if I am misunderstanding but why are you stressing the relevance of the last report? Surely to demonstrate the efficiency of the moderators it should be measured from when the first report was made.

The point was that if you see spam bots (spam related stuff) and report it, then you're far more likely to get a swift response instead of just griping, moaning and not reporting it through the proper methods.

He was pointing out the last report to show the speed with which the problem was dealt with, the elapsed time being 6 minutes. The report was made by Ogluk at 7:12, and the spam was deleted and the bots banned at 7:18. The fact that the last report was chosen is irrelevant.

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
:silly:

I'm still a nOob around here, so plz enlighten me on where this report function is?

I would have done that had i known how it worked....and this thread was just more of a silly adventure anyway to lighten the forum moods and give people something to read. Forums have seemed pretty dull these last couple of weeks

edit: hmmmm....oops....went through all these icons and thingy's attached everywhere and hovered over them, and seems i found the report button :(....

my bad >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Need more active mods / Night time mods.

yet the spam from 3 weeks ago is still here? shouldn't the "day time mods" have had pleanty of time to fix this "night time mod absense's problem" i agree there aren't any mods for night but its not the quick fix like people say.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Need more active mods / Night time mods.

yet the spam from 3 weeks ago is still here? shouldn't the "day time mods" have had pleanty of time to fix this "night time mod absense's problem" i agree there aren't any mods for night but its not the quick fix like people say.

Is that spam still here? After a cursory examination i don't see any of those 'spam links' posts/threads anymore, but i could just be unobservant :(

Davis

Tree Surgeon
mah bad didn't see the "links" part :p i stand, or sit in a comfortable chair corrected... :)