Saved Searches Bug?

LOLz

Weeder
I don't know if this is a bug or a problem with my browser (Google Chrome) but when i delete a saved search from any slot and replace it and click 'Load' it reports it as a broken link.

Maybe someone else can try it and see what happens :shock:

Cheers

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I don't have this problem, although I will admit I can't fully understand what the exact problem is so perhaps a clearer explanation?

What I mean is, what do you mean by "replace" it? You create a new search with the same name on the same slot...or?

What I tried is create a save on slot 2, delete it, then recreate the same save (same name and requirements) then load it and it works fine.

LOLz

Weeder
Well how i came about it was i mistyped a name in slot 1 - i had a 'o' at the end instead of an 'i'. So i deleted and replaced it with the name i had meant, then when i tried to 'load' the search it came up as a broken link.

I've just tried deleting the name and replacing it with the same name and deleting it and replacing it with a new name and the same happens. As if i can only use a certain slot once only. And it happens on all slots, not just slot 1.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Did you put in any requirements the second time you saved it? I get an error only when I try to load a save without requirements.

LOLz

Weeder
I'm sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by requirements? I only get a choice of name input and which slot i want to save it to, there isn't a slot for any special requirements i might want.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Requirements, such as:

Name contains *:
ID List *:
Not ID List:
Attack Range Min % >= *:

You have to fill the name, number of the slot and at least one requirement for the search.

Saving a search with only name and number of slot and no requirement/s and then trying to load that search gives a mistake.

LOLz

Weeder
Ahhh i see what's happening now. It is indeed me being thick. The 'Title' slot is what you want to name a particular search, and not for the name of the person you're trying to save, although it does let you do it once then after comes up as a broken link, that's where the confusion started.

Maybe a change in wording to stop such confusion from equally stupid people like 'Search Title' instead of just 'Title'.

(And as a final try at an excuse i'm extremely hungover today)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The broken link for trying to save a search with no "requirements" in is certainly a bug, it shouldn't be saving it at all - should be reporting an error saying something like "unable to save, you didn't pick any requirements" or something! I'll get a fix put in for that later, cheers :)

LOLz

Weeder
The broken link for trying to save a search with no "requirements" in is certainly a bug, it shouldn't be saving it at all - should be reporting an error saying something like "unable to save, you didn't pick any requirements" or something! I'll get a fix put in for that later, cheers :)

Aye, i thought it was strange getting an error screen, so even though i was doing it wrong it is still a bug as you pointed out.

Last edited: