Next round's routes

Madmeater

Harvester
Anyone given any thoughts toward what route they will take next round and why?
A route you have never played for a new experience of play?
An old faithful that you have found you like and will play again?
A strategic choice that goes well with people you know/hope you will be teamed with?

Buying the P-unit? Don't need it? Someone offering to buy it for you because you'll be so powerful with it?

Answers on a postcard please!

rawr

Weeder
Im a thug guy really. Played a few rounds of SA. But thug is my favourtie route. Cause its cheap and fast.
I think i might try sorcs or vamps out next round. I can't immagine me playing very actively as ive got uni resits and a job now. So fun times.
Maybe join an inactive alli or be solo. Not quite sure yet.
-Kelsey =)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Normally I go whatever route is needed to help balance the alliance set-up.

Otherwise I taylor a route to my activity...
The less active I'm likely to be, the more I sway towards routes with stealth units, or heavy health/armour points.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I'm going dragon, because I was supposed to be going dragon this round and I was talked out of it and/or ordered to go a different route by my leader. And dammit if I'm going to let that happen again!

Tombi

Harvester
I think I might go harriers, then mass them and rush all robos in sight :D

And then find out that Harriers die to easily and Rangers fire too late :'(

I think strikers for me again, first round playing them from a usual Harrier player, i'd pick strikers any day over Harriers..

Podunk

Head Gardener
I think I might go harriers, then mass them and rush all robos in sight :D

And then find out that Harriers die to easily and Rangers fire too late :'(

I think strikers for me again, first round playing them from a usual Harrier player, i'd pick strikers any day over Harriers..

Well, I'm a bit of queen when it comes to saving troops. I normally try to only fight battles that I can win :p.

I just want Harriers since they're eta 3. Meaning the only plausible defense for a harrier rush is get the person online or send a crapload of hool/jeep/pb.

darkmane

Planter
I'm going to have fun at the bottom of the ranks.

I'm going to get scrap bots... I just don't know if I'll go heavy on shield androids and build an army of gargantua that way or.... go crazy with nanobots for free flak.

I plan on being in my own alliance so I can send troops to my HQ.... which will be loaded with a ton of HQ troops to protect mine. How will I get these units, you ask? Quite simple - I'm trying to stay low to take on people with only tractors/spike traps/gargoyles/hippy vans and the likes. I'll donate lots of funds to keep my score low.

Sound feasible?

Madmeater

Harvester
I'm going to have fun at the bottom of the ranks.

I'm going to get scrap bots... I just don't know if I'll go heavy on shield androids and build an army of gargantua that way or.... go crazy with nanobots for free flak.

I plan on being in my own alliance so I can send troops to my HQ.... which will be loaded with a ton of HQ troops to protect mine. How will I get these units, you ask? Quite simple - I'm trying to stay low to take on people with only tractors/spike traps/gargoyles/hippy vans and the likes. I'll donate lots of funds to keep my score low.

Sound feasible?

IMO it's not worth losing AR

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm going solo so haven't really decided, i probably can't/won't get BCs so that rather limits my choices.

I was hoping for Puppets but we'll really just have to see. Maybe i won't even dev anything, flak + Basics ftw.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I'm going solo so haven't really decided, i probably can't/won't get BCs so that rather limits my choices.

I was hoping for Puppets but we'll really just have to see. Maybe i won't even dev anything, flak + Basics ftw.

You can be my PNAP (even though I'll be allied)!

Souls

Official Helper
Puppets all the way, solo + sleepmode FTW.

This. I don't see why people whined about DS sleeping every night, when people have done it in the past and been nigh-unkillable :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Puppets all the way, solo + sleepmode FTW.

This. I don't see why people whined about DS sleeping every night, when people have done it in the past and been nigh-unkillable :p

Because as far as i can tell, those other players you mention weren't given the 'best solo' of the round award for spending half of it in sleepmode, and the only good thing he did this round was be persistent and attack alot? Those aren't really qualities that I would consider for best solo. For others? Perhaps.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Agreed with Alci, NOT that I think there was anything wrong with DS using sleep mode. It's a game feature and it is there for a specific reason. I just happen to have different ideas about what qualifies you for being the best solo.

Max

Garden Designer
Next round's routes will clearly depend upon the changes Azzer makes, although currently there is still a large tendency for players to pick strikers and robos, so RPGs could make a nice killing (for the active players at any rate!)

Personally, after seeing the conversion rate on those Nanobots in another thread I am sorely tempted :p

Tapeyy

Pruner
Changes will not change my mind about my route. Im having a stuff around round :) Thugs nutter, attack dogs with no TL its going to end so badly :O I bet around Rank 400 to 600 finish for me :D