I'm mad at myself

Garrett

Landscape Designer
the context that was edited and i don't care anyone's claims the contrary

is that hobbes said he may go and search out

and I understood the feeling

in no way did he say 'i'm leaving now' until he did it - it would have been a very different conversation.

again it's manipulating and editing small details to make you all look like gold. it's the propaganda train. all aboard choo choo

dumb ****s. it's just sad you all actually believe what you spread

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hey alci.

Take a look at the logs between garret and hobbe.
(Page 2)
He has print screened them.

Take note of garret saying they had given up.
Exact words "As long as we hurry up and die. that's all im concerned with"

Also read the part where he says very openly to garret he may leave to another alliance to spice his round up and Garret says he understands.

In all fairness i didn't read most of the thread because these usually end up being filled with utter drivel. Thanks for the directions tho...

I stand by my point that leaving your alliance because it's going to be raped is pretty ****ing lame regardless of his excuses. That's pretty much the definition of lame in my books. He, and others, may see it differently, but i see it as a clear cut case of Scorequeening.*

Note to self: Never play with Hobbezak ever.

*EDIT:
Because of you saying this ****, he comes to me asking about why we are hitting you guys and after some general talk i say if he wants a spot to have chance of winning, rather than being unhappy in another ally, he could have it.

one of the many facets of the definition of scorequeening.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I like how you only replied to the 2nd part of my post and not the part where you as an alliance tell your member you have given up and want to die.

You really think he wants to stay with an ally who's leader doesnt care and says he wants them to die?

Because of you saying this ****, he comes to me asking about why we are hitting you guys and after some general talk i say if he wants a spot to have chance of winning, rather than being unhappy in another ally, he could have it.

garet.jpg

There is no need to "cleverly" edit the logs, they are right there in plain sight.

Stop hating on hobbe for leaving an alliance who had given up when he still wanted to play the game called bushtarion.

Also, why would i need to propaganda against you exactly Garret?
Propaganda is used for war, this is an arguement that you (as you stated in the thread) are too caught up in and mad at.

Is propaganda your new term for your opinion of lying now?
Like everyone else uses powerblock to describe just about everything?

You gave up on fighting.
Your fighting members gave up on you.

Deal with it.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
i can't really comment on the war aspect since i hadn't paid attention and wasn't in either alliance, but as for Hobbezak leaving.... dude... how lame is that? What did you leave for? Scorequeening, or did you just want to join what you perceived to be the winning ally? Cmon, explain yourself!

I will, once and for all, say what I think are the indicators of why Garretts reasoning is false.
1. Hobbezak wanted to keep his rank. Would I leave at the most active time in the alliance? I'd have left 12h earlier (or later for that matter), there was no one online at a certain time. I'd still be 20k fatter. No, because I don't care.
2. Hobbezak left for the winning alliance. At the moment of my departure, Enmity was looking a lot shinier from where I was sitting (and quite frankly they still are, will take some good stuff to take them down). You think I couldn't have gotten into Enmity, being the highest non-sleep player in the game? I think I would have, but I didn't even bother asking JJ. So no, I didn't join because I wanted this awesome win on my list.
Also, when ReRR were splitting up, I never applied to either side (though jokingly said I would), even though at that time I was convinced (not knowing about you guys going inactive) that ReRR would win. Because I don't want a win. It's no goal. No one cares.

So, it wasn't to win, and it wasn't to preserve any stupid rank.

Then, what was it about?
You read the logs? I was rather not amused that day because I tend to be a grumpy git from time to time, and saw that Garrett and Matt started letrushing S2N again, and once again with absolutely no result for us. The only thing they achieved, was getting a retal on which LS got killed.
So I asked Garrett if he was going to continue these useless letrushes, to which he replied that he was, and that with the objective to have us all killed. His reasoning is to have the entire ally killed, then have some fun at the lower ranks. I doubt we'd have any troops left for the rest of the round.
On the other side you have S2N and Enmity, who had at that time 21 days of battling ahead. They were in a position to actually offer any fun for those days, and honestly, they offer me a chance to have a war with OF which I wanted from the beginning, yet which was blocked by some lazyness (me included there) and Podunk who didn't want to attack his friends. So war and fun is why I left.

Have I betrayed my friends? At the beginning, no. I left an alliance where Garrett would provoke S2N to kill them, with or without me. I gave out no idlists, I gave out no activity, no nothing.
Then they come rape me, which is understandable, but the funny thing is by doing this they gave out who was online and who wasn't, enabling S2N to mark a few offline members.
After that I do agree I did the lame thing which was join the wave on my previous alliance, effectively killing a few people who I had an awesome time with. I don't like what I did there, but I would do it again, being a member of S2N and not of Aili anymore.

Should I have said from the beginning of the conversation with Garrett that I was considering leaving? I wasn't considering leaving at that time. I started a conversation to Twigley AFTER Garrett said he wanted us to die, once again I have the logs with time indication to prove it. I didn't have some master plan, anyone who has ever played with me in this game knows I play on the impulse.

Lastly: Discussing this with Garrett wasn't an option. He said I've been a free agent for the entire round, which is true. Talking things over with Garrett is possible, he's a reasonable man, but he said from the beginning that when he made up his mind, he wants his members to obey, otherwise it's obviously not possible to lead an ally. His mind seemed made up to me, and tbh, anyone who has seen the logs will probably have the same impression. I didn't agree, so either I went along being enormously frustrated, which everyone in Aili knows is not a pretty sight, or I left.

I think this enormous post sums up pretty much my view on this matter, if you want to discuss the matter any further better take it to pm, I won't be replying on this matter on forum anymore, unless someone starts throwing in obvious lies which I can prove not to be true.

Bruce666

Harvester
hobbs is a good player i have seen him play from incomings only now i get too see him playing from his side, he left because he wanted a good end too the round instead of stuck with a leader who dont want too play, leave hobbezak alone, any of u taht enjoy playing bush would have done the same:)

Matthew

BANNED
Twigley Hobbe joined the alliance knowing that it wouldn't be FTW and would be largely inactive, which a large proportion of us have been. What hobbe did was gay, he left to "war on OF" yet 1 hour(ish) after leaving we have war with S2N in which he is actively involved in. Quite frankly i don't care if i've been 0ed and beat i just wish hobbe would openly admit he did it because he wanted to have a shot at winning the round or to maintain his rank. He's done nothing but land whore and scorequeen all round and we've done a pretty good job of saving his ass, as much as i like him and i have a good laugh with him what he did in-game was quite frankly stupid and has dissapointed me greatly.

I don't know all the details and don't care about his conversations with Garrett as his commitment was with the alliance on the whole which has largely supported him. meh

Matt

Harvester
and since S2N sent their first wave i have done over 20trill damage to them, in attacking and defending. and lost less than 5trill but i did lose 10k Arces since having 9 incs spread over about 4 ticks of which all the people hitting me were at least twice my score!

Rofl @ that bs.

=)

We barely lost 20-25 trill funds overall attacking you guys and completely wiped the floor with your whole alliance.
After 1st wave there was 1 defence out of 14 ids we covered 2nd wave, 1st wave on you there where 3 defences when we hit 15 people and after that i didnt see a single defence at all on any of them - maybe the odd pom defending.

Only succesful thing i saw from you was when you retalled on a member and did 2/3 trill more fund score than you lost because we where busy 0ing 3 of your other members in attack, and 0ing 2 others who also retalled and that was combined with OF inc which we also lost nothing on =)

OF and Enmity started piggying for easy land because it was free land as there was no defence on your incs at all lol.

Mon 26th Aug, year 4. Morning War Declaration!
Second To None have declared war on our alliance!

Me attacking S2N
285,894,563 [£2,915,786,445,000] friendlies dead. 174,137,903 [£2,909,617,980,200] enemies dead.

Died: 16,135,852 [£1,280,663,434,000] friendlies dead. 140,033,107 [£2,304,168,404,500] enemies dead.

Died: 1,531,024 [£125,973,712,000] friendlies dead. 148,071,905 [£2,060,535,025,700] enemies dead.

Me defending

Died: 31,840,160 [£116,863,462,000] enemies dead.

Died: 218,950,845 [£2,213,511,403,200] enemies dead. 2,274,011 [£199,810,530,000] friendlies dead.

Died: 6,335,231 [£159,194,953,200] enemies dead.

Distracted: 4,385,620 [£101,388,618,400] friendlies distracted.
Died: 100,100,000 [£902,000,000,000] enemies dead.

Died: 217,517,783 [£2,769,209,994,400] enemies dead. 9,931,245 [£962,800,689,000] friendlies dead.

Died: 28,904,403 [£2,456,744,605,000] enemies dead. 1,294,504 [£106,146,406,000] friendlies dead.

Died: 478,765 [£69,376,315,000] enemies dead.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
hobbs is a good player i have seen him play from incomings only now i get too see him playing from his side, he left because he wanted a good end too the round instead of stuck with a leader who dont want too play, leave hobbezak alone, any of u taht enjoy playing bush would have done the same:)

I've actually never seen him play well. Lots of scorequeening, land and flak whoring. Not that we've played often, but i've rarely heard good things other than he provides for amusement ;)

everyone knows garrett goes through his grumpy and upset stages, but as usual he pulls through and is back to his "cheerful" self once again. I'm sure you could've let his initial frustration and rage wear out and then be back in the same place. You yourself admit to being a grumpy sulky git from time to time, as is Garrett, and as are we all. You could've let it blow over instead of jumping to the first winning, or possibly winning alliance that offered you a spot.

Almost all allies rebuild, except those that break apart. Aili was/is not breaking apart from what i can see, they have quite a lot of spirit left, just took a nice bashing and got beaten.

Rebuiling provides for many opportunities for war and for many targets, so instead of joining in for that fun stuff, you went to a higher ranked ally, who is rapidly going to run out of targets. Hmm, I'll bet that's going to be a lot of fun when you have 5 targets in your 30% range who *have* to be bashed. That'll be lots of proper fun won't it.

Shameful behaviour imo... you can put whatever spin you like on it from your point of view, but for the rest of us it's clearly visible what you did and what your ambitions are/were.

Since you won't be replying this will be my last retort on this subject in this thread. Ciao Scorequeen ;)

Meh, you all keep talking about "preserving your rank" and BS like that, what about preserving your ****ing troops?

Same thing fella. Rank is a result of land and troops which is your valuation. These are basic game elements that shouldn't have to be explained to you. Scorequeening is the act of conserving your troops/land to your benefit, and not using them to the benefit of your alliance. Tsk Tsk....

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Meh, you all keep talking about "preserving your rank" and BS like that, what about preserving your ****ing troops?
Why on earth would you *want* to let all your troops (which are always good fun) get killed because the rest of your alliance cba anymore? Sure you can pull the "FTF alliance"-card but seeing Ail kept a steady top 5 position and dealed with the most incoming they received quite nicely once they got there, proves to me that the majority of that alliance was putting effort & time into their game.

Maybe Ail wasn't going FTW, but they were at least a succesful, surviving alliance and I know for sure that I would rather play solo or play elsewhere than getting all my troops killed in such a dynamic stage of the round.

Just gtfo this thread and let the man be...

Matt

Harvester
Why on earth would you *want* to let all your troops (which are always good fun) get killed because the rest of your alliance cba anymore? Sure you can pull the "FTF alliance"-card but seeing Ail kept a steady top 5 position and dealed with the most incoming they received quite nicely once they got there, proves to me that the majority of that alliance was putting effort & time into their game.

Maybe Ail wasn't going FTW, but they were at least a succesful, surviving alliance and I know for sure that I would rather play solo or play elsewhere than getting all my troops killed in such a dynamic stage of the round.

who said the rest of the ally couldnt be arsed? please point me to that part so i can call it utter BS

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Mon 26th Aug, year 4. Morning War Declaration!
Second To None have declared war on our alliance!

Me attacking S2N
285,894,563 [£2,915,786,445,000] friendlies dead. 174,137,903 [£2,909,617,980,200] enemies dead.

Died: 16,135,852 [£1,280,663,434,000] friendlies dead. 140,033,107 [£2,304,168,404,500] enemies dead.

Died: 1,531,024 [£125,973,712,000] friendlies dead. 148,071,905 [£2,060,535,025,700] enemies dead.

Me defending

Died: 31,840,160 [£116,863,462,000] enemies dead.

Died: 218,950,845 [£2,213,511,403,200] enemies dead. 2,274,011 [£199,810,530,000] friendlies dead.

Died: 6,335,231 [£159,194,953,200] enemies dead.

Distracted: 4,385,620 [£101,388,618,400] friendlies distracted.
Died: 100,100,000 [£902,000,000,000] enemies dead.

Died: 217,517,783 [£2,769,209,994,400] enemies dead. 9,931,245 [£962,800,689,000] friendlies dead.

Died: 28,904,403 [£2,456,744,605,000] enemies dead. 1,294,504 [£106,146,406,000] friendlies dead.

Died: 478,765 [£69,376,315,000] enemies dead.

Defending was againt s2n?
Check your lists.
Also that's not 20 trill.
Also like i said, you where the only person who did damage because you retalled, but you did hardly any damage at all compared to at the same time when we 0d 5 players in 1 defence / attack.

So for you to brag about doing a bit of damage on one attack while losing aprox 5x more score elsewhere is a bit silly.

Although i guess you need your glory too like us all :D

I am interested who you tihnk you defended against in s2n tho ;)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

who said the rest of the ally couldnt be arsed? please point me to that part so i can call it utter BS

Are you an idiot?
He made both sides to the story saying that maybe they did give up but maybe you didnt as you got to that posistion in the first place.

Read whole posts rather than half posts and then take a knee jerk reaction.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Since when did joining an alliance involve signing away your life for 3 months? I have always been 'free lance', and I think Hobbs is probably similar. While I'm with an alliance I will be 100% loyal and help however I can, but if I feel an alliance is going in a different direction to me then I have no problem leaving them. I will try and do it on good terms, and if it can't be done on good terms then that's even more reason to leave.

It has been repeatedly shown that that is exactly what has happened here. But you would all rather make up your own reasons, because that way you get to post more hate. And if there's one thing we like doing on these forums it's posting hate. Yay for hate. You could consider the possibility that Hobbs left for perfectly legitimate reasons, but no, we'd rather draw our own conclusions on very little evidence and assume the worst, and that way, woop! more hate! hate hate hate.

People have got this strange idea that somehow leaving an alliance is on the same level as spying, that it constitutes backstabbing. W.T.F. It's a parting of ways, nothing more.

aGit

Harvester

since when has for the fun meant crappy, inactive play? and with the amount players worth their salt in this game currently, its not exactly hard to keep top5 alliance spot. so your point is moot!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I don't know why people are posting anymore in this thread.

Hobbez and Twigs will continue to post and show half truths to justify anything and everything.

Hobbez wanted to look out for himself instead of help the team. Period.

I started this thread because I'm mad for taking Hobbez leaving personally.

Everything else in this thread is pretty much retarded ****.

End of Line.