Irc - bush

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Just done something similar to me.

Went onto IRC and the continue buttons came up as usual (after making me wait and saying "You've been using mIRC for 53 days, this is outside the evaluation period. If you wish to continue to use mIRC please register at...". So i clicked continue and waited while it connected. It appeared to connect but none of the usual text stuff came up in the server window, it just said "Nickname pinpower in use press F1 to attempt to try again" or something like that.

Which was weird, so i tried to log in to P and it said "Register first!" In the actual server window.

So i tried to change my nick and it said the same thing, tried to join a channel..same thing. Then a few mins later it disconnected me and tried to reconnect. And the exact same thing happened again.

I tried closing mIRC and reopening but the exact same thing happened. Im just about to try restarting the computer now. :(

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Sounds more like your trying to connect to wrong server or something.

Doesnt sound like mirc included thing, more like users inability to understand basics of mirc kind of thing. Which comes out around " or something like that" part of your post.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
lol BW, considering i've been connecting the same way for the last 3 odd years its not a server thing.

Im pretty vague in my post as i didnt want to open mIRC again and wait for it to do it all again to get the exact wording, but you get the general idea. If you werent so patronising i might start listening to you again...

Thanks for a very helpful response though BW...;)

On-topic: I restarted the computer and trying again i managed to connect.

This is what it says whenever i try and do anything command wise.

-11:49:19- ºº¹º Register first!

Meh, i just wont disconnect for as long as possible again! :D

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Register to netgamers first :p Not register mirc first... I am pretty sure about that... you also didnt say that you have updated your mirc recently or not... as I doubt if you have used same mirc for 3 years without problems you should have anyproblems now :p

To put it simple 99.99% of all problems with computers are somehow tied to be between the chair and sceen not inside the comp.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
That message "Register first!" looks to just be outputted directly to the console, Blackwolf. If Pin hadn't registered with Netgamers before attempting to login with P, he would get a notice from P asking him to register. He also wouldn't get that message when trying to perform any command (like changing his nickname) as P, or any agent on the Netgamers server, doesn't screen user commands before allowing their client to perform it.

Sounds entirely like an mIRC problem!

As before Pin, just keep restarting it if it goes wrong again :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Wanna bet?
Its not mirc thing. It is probably broken identd or something like that which is stupidly used to see if your around or not.

As we still have not gotten any copy pastes from what actually is said by pinpower cant help it. This is not mirc problem, this is probably more like firewall/connection/identd or so problem which doesnt allow him to send commands to server as that line is "broken" as thus pushing out that message.

Mirc does not have any inside written algorhitms that prevents you from using commands and such. Coming here and telling your BS is not helping anyone. Fact is that mirc is "free" program as long as you press that continue button. The day it will stop working is the day mirc owners will say about it and the day when people will change to some other software.

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator
That message "Register first!" looks to just be outputted directly to the console, Blackwolf. If Pin hadn't registered with Netgamers before attempting to login with P, he would get a notice from P asking him to register. He also wouldn't get that message when trying to perform any command (like changing his nickname) as P, or any agent on the Netgamers server, doesn't screen user commands before allowing their client to perform it.

Sounds entirely like an mIRC problem!

As before Pin, just keep restarting it if it goes wrong again :p

The "register first!" message is as Weeble says it is nothing to do with P, when Pin connected, if he doesn't change his nick to one available (and his client hasn't got an alternate nick specified) then he isn't properly connected and so can't do anything.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Yes but what pinpower said in his post he is connected but cant perform any commands. As such it must mean something between his comp and netgamers is broken. Not that it would be mirc problem. Also I did not mean by register to register in to P thing. I meant connecting to netgamers and having handshake with it. If your really think I come here even opening my mouth and dont know what is difference between P saying register first and mirc saying register first... Also I didnt say register to P first I said register to netgamers first... well I am pretty speechless... Its like saying that Azzer doesnt know how to code PHP...

Mirc problem would be sudden crashes etc. this is not mirc problem, if he cant connect its either problem in his connection, in netgamers or somewhere in between, not in mirc itself. If he cant find server or server is full its not mirc problem its again somewhere else. mirc has been developed for so long and its been updated so many times than I doubt theres any bugs left.

So please dont come here telling your advices of mirc problems if its the user that doesnt know how to use that program or something else like lines, server or so which are causing those problems.

These kind of dissing of certain software cause it supposedly is not working is not helping at all when people are offered such tools like bush mirc script to be used instead of ingame irc system. Also it doesnt fix any problems. As I said before as long as the guy asking help is posting stuff "umm.. I think.. umm like". It is impossible to find what is wrong. Only after he copy pastes and descripes everything he has done before things happens he can be helped.

Also I tell you that if your not connected to server mirc says "your not connected" not register first. Thats more like problem of being in some middle state of trying to connect and being connected but not being accepted to server. In such case it is not mirc problem, but problem and its fix is to get pin on the server to perform those commands.

[Thinking]

Pruner
Mine did this to me a few days ago. I went into mibbit and to the #bush channel and asked WTF?? Ogluk and some others told me to just restart mIRC. It worked for me after 3 restarts. I haven't gotten it since. I think it may be random.

antisback

Head Gardener
Mines done it a few times just reload it and it works fine for me.

MIRC was open source license dunno if it's been changed but if not you're more than entitled to go into the base code change a variable somewhere so that MIRC thinks its registered.

If its not open source then it is illegal to modify the code without the owners permission.

Alternativly download a previous version or MIRC without the trial protection i'm sure theres plenty of mirrors around.

Kuda

Official Helper
thankfully haven't seen that happen to myself yet. My mIRC is happily chugging along without ever giving me this error message. Currently it's reporting I'm on 543 (computer clock went crazy) days of my trial.

What version are the ppl who've received the error using?

I'm using 6.35

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator
MIRC was open source license dunno if it's been changed but if not you're more than entitled to go into the base code change a variable somewhere so that MIRC thinks its registered.

If its not open source then it is illegal to modify the code without the owners permission..

It's never been open source, it is and always had been a commercial program

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I had that issue once, I closed and reopened and it was fine. So I dunno. :S

Nitrous

Head Gardener
I didn't want to start a new thread so I am borrowing this one. (Hope you don't mind twig). Well I was wondering whether there is a script avaliable whereby you have timestamps next to what people are saying. If there is, is it possible for a link to DL it? Ty.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Tools -> Options -> IRC -> Messages.

Look at the top "Timestamp Events"

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Tools -> Options -> IRC -> Messages.

Look at the top "Timestamp Events"

Twigley is correct.

[HH:nn:s s] will give you the timestamp in hours/minutes/seconds (without the space between the ss; but stupid forums put a :s smiley in when i did not want one ;))

Last edited by a moderator: