Anti Rape change

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I killed same solo's every ~2-3 days no problem until most of them quit/joined an ally, ar mod is droping way too fast and the level at 0 ar mod is very high.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
At a quick calc with one of the strongest and popular solo routes i got:

SO on 15 k acres with 20 mil agents 30 mil assasinss.

15k acres = 2.25 bil score
20 mil agents 30 mil assassins = roughly 2.5 tril = 5 bil score

So total score with developements and some seeds is easly over 7.5 bil

At 0 ar mod currently can be sent 5.45 tril worth of units which let's say is 100 mil poms or 50 mil poms 50 mil PA. If you saw a few BR's with this units you know what to expect.
Change around with vamps, a robo alone and other routes and see if the maximum mob attacking a solo is actually fair.
And all this considering the SO doesn't have any score into units which won't help deal damage like say 20 mil gards 10 mil traps 10 mil yobs 2 mil spikes which means an extra 1 tril worth of troops can be sent :s

So imo it's way over the overkill limit :p

DarkSider, no matter how much you tweak it, even if it triggers above 100% of a person's score, a pom, pom + PA, smart robo or vamp player will ALWAYS be able to rape the **** our of a SA.

I have no problem with a Robo raping a SA, in fact i'm sure that's the way it should go. My problem is when you can send about twice the troop count that would already demolish them.
Read the example above, 110 mil PA vs 50 mil stealth = the SO doesn't even fire. How is that balanced ?

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
AR is great for saving you're land, at least for the few days I have been a solo PoM this round. Unfortunately to stop land loss I have to go mass PoMs/Gurus so when I was bikered last night I lost 210 bil, which of course I can get back with my land in under 24 hours. However I will no doubt have to give up some of my land later today to raise my AR back up to 80%+

AR just isn't that great.... I have to give up land at least once a day, usually twice, to keep my AR up where I need it to be.

When I get small biker incoming, it doesn't do anything for me and I lose troops and get a 90% AR mod, which isn't going to do much for me. The biker will be back once I'm back to 80% or something, and I'll die again.

It drops too fast, the troop setup I have to use to keep my land safe when I don't want to lose it leaves me open to small biker hits.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Saying AR is now 'easier' to trigger and the AR mod decreases quicker now are we going to be told the new figures, e.g. what amount triggers and the new rate or is it going to be another bushtarion secret?

AR drops at 0.12% per tick. As for the rest of the info you request, i do not know :(

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
If you need that its quite simple Alci

500 * player score * 1.45 * (1-AR) = Amount needed to trigger AR.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Actually i used same formula for my calcs when attacking solo's for many rounds (well with 1.6 before and a bit different for the old psolo) but since i unexpectedly triggered on 2 of my attacks this round and reported to Azzer he said the formula is different :|

lavadog

Head Gardener
No, it still is like you said Iamsmart, I used it the other day and it worked out. I think DS still worked with the 1.6 value and psolo

Chezz

Harvester
Actually i used same formula for my calcs when attacking solo's for many rounds (well with 1.6 before and a bit different for the old psolo) but since i unexpectedly triggered on 2 of my attacks this round and reported to Azzer he said the formula is different :|

did you take into account of AR mod?

Chezz

Harvester
well obviously you can't know exactly the AR mod and so you can't really predict exactly whether you'll trigger or not. Unless it was really far off? Somebody enlighten me on this. :shock:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I use the same formulea. but as i use a claculator i do it differntly, i work out AR drop (0.12% a tick) 6ticks per game day count the days from the spie. and got the amount the ar has dropped. from then til now. normally if the target gets mashed from incoming i assume the ar is at 90% on the final battle tick

therefore my calc goes

[((AR drop)+10)/100] * 1.45 * Targets score * 500 = max. Value(£) of mob that can be sent at target

NB.[+10 = -90+100]

assuming 90% ar after the last defence/attack on the target.

and it has worked every time. the only problem has been when the person has been very active and made alot of attacks. as generally i ignore the AR generated by loosing troops on an attack. unfortunately if u hit a puppet this can tend to be quite high.

Anyway off topic.

from this i have managed to work out very accurately what i can send at a target. and when a target has had low ar. 21%(no news-577 ticks) the amount you can send is phenominal.

i am a sorc i have been working with a puppet player. and just the other day we managed to bribe 16million tl's from a target. (out of 26mil.)

now if u think about it. we used sirens to disable as many as possible. and poms to get the few extra the sirens couldnt cover. and stop the flak.
This meant we had sent a mob big enough to disable him completely. then ontop of that we could send 9million puppets!

at 90k a pop not the cheapest unit in the game. so we had a riddiculous amount of troops there. more than enough for any robo to rape him 3 times over. okay this is a kindda biased example. as he was such a poorly set up tl. perfect to bribe. 10mil visible lethals (pb's and terrors) 26mil tls but only 500k bikers and 1mil jeeps. so he was a perfect target to bribe for us.

but even the harder targets to bribe. the fact we can bribe people using poms and sirens and puppets. meanign were sending enough troops to disable them, and then enough to bribe them on top. just goes to show the ar is a bit to hard to trigger when low.
THEN I REALISED WHY. he had sooo many funds stored up. he had soo many seeds stored up. he could have bought up to or had 35million TL's and if he had that many if he had all his seeds, and funds as troops. then we wouldnt have easily raped him. then we would have easily bribed him. In fact he wud have ruined us. If you play solo normally its hard to kill a route unless ur designed to kill that route. and no AR tweak will stop them dying to thier counter part. thier natural enemy. okay at the moment u can send a bit much a bit overkill. but no matter what you do a TL will still DIE to a robo. and IF people still sit on seeds as a solo they are going to DIE! fact. look how many people have <300 acres and are in top ranks with no troops cos they have so many seeds. If a solo is sitting on all those funds. and not spending them thats there fault.

you try killing a solo with 40% AR and all his seeds and funds as troops. its just not worth the hassle and casualties for the bounty. especially if your properly bounty hunting hitting >50% range.

To summerise there is so many parts and reasons why a solo may die easily. that i dont think ar is that bad atm. Hell its not until the AR gets to around 20% that you can even send a mob of equal score to that of the targets score. You will never be able to balance it such that an RPG has a hard time killing a solo robo with 0% AR.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Look - we all agree this game requires too much activity.

Making AR drop faster is making that MORE of a problem, not less. Solos are dieing, because you cant play them inactively anymore, which was the reason 90% of people went solo. I have noticed a severe reduction in solos in the game, but that may just be me (some stats from azzer would be nice).

This is having a very major impact on the game because its reducing quick and easy targets for people. Solos are EASY targets to attack if you arent active - you send, come back in 45 mins and check for AR. Removing them forces you to attack allies - and in most cases that can't be simply done with a 'send, come back 45 mins later' attitude, it takes ALOT more time to fake, draw defense, monitor for retals etc... I can't have a hope in hell of doing a good attack at the moment without devoting several HOURS to the game in one chunk, and have help from others while attacking too. Is that good for the game? No.

Killing off solos is making the activity requirement for this game go up and is hurting it, bad.

Make it so solos are attractive targets (so you CAN hit them when they are available), but ensure that when they do get hit, it doesnt cripple them for days and undo hours and hours of time put into the game (so ensure people WANT to play solo).

Last edited:

Turnip2k

Harvester
Less solos = better for the game if you are active? Yes.
I personally want easy targets, since I don't want to have to spend 2-4 hours on every single god damn attack. I want to kill stuff, without it taking up my whole evening.

Problem is, people who aren't active don't generally tend to argue their case on these forums.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Less solos = better for the game if you are active? Yes.
I personally want easy targets, since I don't want to have to spend 2-4 hours on every single god damn attack. I want to kill stuff, without it taking up my whole evening.

Problem is, people who aren't active don't generally tend to argue their case on these forums.

Well, there is a spark of thruth in your words, BUT... at the second in which you make solos require less activity, i.e. make the easier to play (which means boost them in different ways), a lot of the players who are playing in alliances will take that route. More solos = less alliances. Less alliances = dying game.

I personally think that the balance at the moment is quite good.