Prototype

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to say that while the engine is pretty amazing, and it feels a bit "Assassins Creedy" the way the parkour is very nicely "automated" as you run up buildings on to rooftops etc... beyond playing through the story, I got pretty bored of it.

The game's advertised as a "sandbox" game, but honestly the things you have available to actually do that you haven't already done a thousand times if you play through the story are less than nil. The "side-missions" are a very slight side-attraction but I found them dull.

So all in all a good couple of days fun tearing the city up and following the main questline, but extremely limited longevity/no real "sandbox game" as it advertises itself as.

aGit

Harvester
at first i wasnt hugely impressed. it seemed like a game made for a console that got a port to pc. the controls kinda sucked imo. However, after having jumped around the roofs im starting to like it.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Got this about a week ago but havnt played it (apart from an hour or so like i said above) cos ive been engrossed in inFamous!!

I started to play it again last night for half an hour and was really dissapointed and a bit annoyed that i'd spent £40 on it. After you run around and slice people up a few times i got bored.

BUT

This morning ive just been playing it for the last 2 hours and ITS AMAZING!!! lol Just give it a chance, once you start upgrading your powers and infiltrating bases, flying into the air to kick a helicopter to the ground it really is very good. The whole "Web of memories" stuff is pretty cool as well, gets your imagination going.

So basically, great game! Dont be put off if it seems a bit boring at the start, IMO it gets better!! *Goes back to carry on playing*

;)

lavadog

Head Gardener
On a completely different note, I finished inFamous (good route) the other day pin, and what a ****ing amazing ending it is :D Can't wait to finish it via the evil route.

If I can fork together another 60 euro's, I'm going for prototype.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
On a completely different note, I finished inFamous (good route) the other day pin, and what a ****ing amazing ending it is :D Can't wait to finish it via the evil route.

If I can fork together another 60 euro's, I'm going for prototype.

DONT TELL ME! I havnt finished it yet as i started playing Prototype and got addicted.

Im fairly near the end i think though, so hopefully i'll finish it today/tomo. And yeah im definately looking forward to playing evil and going round blowing up pedestrians! :p