• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Quoting in messages

callum828

Planter
The system of hitting reply and having every other message sent between the two people seems rather bloated and looks horrible. Could we have it so it only quotes the last thing said rather than the entire conversation? Or at least have the option to change it. Looking at 15 boxes inside eachother every time you send a message is bloody messy.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
The system of hitting reply and having every other message sent between the two people seems rather bloated and looks horrible. Could we have it so it only quotes the last thing said rather than the entire conversation? Or at least have the option to change it. Looking at 15 boxes inside eachother every time you send a message is bloody messy.

Had to start the chain. Keep it going people.

People should just delete, but then sometimes having them all is good.

I'm 50/50 on this.

I'll probably quote this and change my mind later.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Tbh i kinda agree. I'd rather have it so if you click reply there is no quote and there's just an added button next to it saying "quote" if you wish to reply how we have it now.

Basically just make it the same as the forums...

On a side note

<--------------------- 1337 Posts! I AM THE PWNZ0R! ;P

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I actually don't object to having the whole conversation visible at a glance, but i also wouldn't mind having the last response quoted either. i'm with garrett here, 50/50.

AndyM

Pruner
I kind of preferred the old way - with having the most recent message at the top and then every previous message underneath it separated by lines, it makes it more like what regular emails do.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
This i agree with, however, I also agree with Pin. But i also think that the current system is not too bad.

I also think a good idea is that when you click reply, you can start typing straight away, but on a new line above the quoted text, instead of below.

So i am 25/25/25/25
(does that even work?:p)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I kind of preferred the old way - with having the most recent message at the top and then every previous message underneath it separated by lines, it makes it more like what regular emails do.

^ see what i did there?