resistance?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Just so you know Ailihphilia has only taken part in massing the top. When those attacks do not occur, we attack (by ourselves) any alliance not part of the resistance for fun and profit.

We have noticed others piggying our attacks. I don't know if we hit you, but by saying massing I'm going to say no. I just wanted to reiterate that not all of the 'resistance' alliances are the same.

I want to hit RRR. If not the 'resistance' needs to disband soon.

aGit

Harvester
"Oh we weren't involved"

"Oh we weren't involved"

I just love watching people back-pedal. I for one call that this so-called resistance disbands or faces the consequences now in the user agreement for being a power block. Your not hitting RRR your using it as an exscuse to mass smaller alliances together. You can try the "oh I didn't know we where being followed / oh they piggyed / we had no idea" arguement but in the end i was online and I watched this happen. You all knew exactly who was going and when. This was organised. I'm sorry but most of the 40+ attacks showed up at the same tick. within minutes of each other. That denotes far more organization then "oh we didn't know, they must have followed us"

old news is old, join the club!

Wow, that was helpful.

no, i actually meant it, join the club! we have t-shirts and are resisting the resistance to the best of our ability.

bring muffins.

If you wonder where your post went....

here!

:(

the rap didn't belong in spam

alot of the stuff that got removed didnt. Overzealous forum mods of today...geez

Well than sorry bout that... I would be fully willing to join in anything that takes down this "resistance" they're not resisting anything.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
The resistance is busy attacking it's potential allies. Hilarious.

I don't object to free land, but you'd be better off giving it to the resistance, they need it ;) and any tips, or helping advice you have for them :D

OF made it clear they are not going to help with their post.

So far all i've seen is:

One alliance member from an alliance who doesn't want to hit OF for their own reasons and would rather get stuck straight into RRR.

Two members from the alliance that is being hit complaining about it.

And a few RRR members having a good old chuckle at those complaining.

If OF players would stop hitting us for a while, then the resisting allies can 100% concentrate on RRR without the annoyance of OF members. OF, there are plenty of other targets for you to enjoy your "inactive" play on so im sure that wouldnt effect you too much.

I don't really want to be hitting OF like this, i'd rather be resisting like everybody else.
We have enoguh acres already and RRR have lots of our acres that we need to steal back.

Edit:

Now, my question to 'resistance' alliance leaders, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT RESISTING? Yet you have no problem organizing mass attacks on alliances such as OldFarts yet you won't launch mobs on RRR? Then you come on the forums saying this round hasn't been decided yet and RRR can still be toppled. Yeah good luck with that.

No problem organising against OF?
Look again.
You will see that because other alliances have incs, they are unable to send and it always ends up as just S2N sending.

It's up to the alliance leaders to put as much effort as the person prodding them to hit.
It isnt a 1 man job.

I was furious to see pms saying "So i hear you are organising the resistence tonight Twigley"?

NO

Each ally leader needs to be involved.
You need to motivate your players, that isnt my job.
I can organise times to send etc but it's YOUR job to put the effort in aswell.

moorer

Pruner
If OF players would stop hitting us for a while, then the resisting allies can 100% concentrate on RRR without the annoyance of OF members. OF, there are plenty of other targets for you to enjoy your "inactive" play on so im sure that wouldnt effect you too much.[/size]

I don't really want to be hitting OF like this, i'd rather be resisting like everybody else.
We have enoguh acres already and RRR have lots of our acres that we need to steal back.

Excuse me but you and your ally friends (and those allies you threatened into joining you) started this fight. Don't moan at us for fighting our corner nor use it as a justification for your own shallow actions..

I do not recall us doing anything other than random attacks on you guys I certainly don't recall any mass attack by us timed to hit you when a resistance attack was ongoing.

I think you just saw us sitting there and thought "hmm we are doing sod all v RRR lets try OF instead".

aGit

Harvester
you have alot of nerve twigley...what was that, 110 mobs on OF from the so called resistance at peak time. and when we hit back for once, we are interrupting your plans on RRR, great. prolly should have thought of that before you started abusing the resistance powers on attacking other than the rank 1 alliance.

also, i may not speak for the whole of OF, but it is now our job to make RRR win. in other words, make your resistance fail. Sounds way more fun than working with your powerblocking ass doesnt it?

You sure excel at demotivating everyone with the craptastic job at recognizing what you should and what you should not do with the resistance.

Last edited:

TehPantz

Head Gardener
If OF players would stop hitting us for a while, then the resisting allies can 100% concentrate on RRR without the annoyance of OF members. OF, there are plenty of other targets for you to enjoy your "inactive" play on so im sure that wouldnt effect you too much.[/size]

Excuse me but you and your ally friends (and those allies you threatened into joining you) started this fight. Don't moan at us for fighting our corner nor use it as a justification for your own shallow actions..

I do not recall us doing anything other than random attacks on you guys I certainly don't recall any mass attack by us timed to hit you when a resistance attack was ongoing.

I think you just saw us sitting there and thought "hmm we are doing sod all v RRR lets try OF instead".

Hear hear!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Whether OF were mass attacking or hitting randoms is besides the point. OF were hit for two reasons:

1.) Because they refused to help with the resistance. It was decided if their troops/income was not to be used to help kill the rank 1 alliance, those resources would be taken from them to help the resistance do just that. (Helping kill #1 is the done thing, a resistance always forms. You either join or find yourself alone and therefore vunerable.)

2.) Because the resistance couldn't and can't risk OF attacking one of the resistance alliances during a hit on RRR. Something not all that unlikely given they appear to have a close relationship with RRR (considering how quickly RRR countered when Enmity/Fail/S2N etc hit OF.)

Actually:

3.) It was my decision to hit OF, I mailed all the Resistance leaders with my intentions and reasoning (see points 1 & 2) - The last reason I decided to mass them with "my allies" was that OF did not only refuse to help fight the uphill battle vs RRR, but they very snobbishly & vocally refused to help in any way. See here.

That post is void of sincerity and got on my nerves a little - As I don't like it when alliances sit on the sidelines during a resistance. More often than not they simply want to let other alliances lose score fighting #1 while they continue to grow.

-

Lastly - OF shouldn't be all too surprised the resistance hit them before RRR. They are, after all, one of the only alliances not taking part. That leaves the resistance alliances very few land opportunities. And if you're not in, you're out. Admittedly all attacking at once is a little low, though at this point, nobody really cared about massing an alliance that so lazily turned down helping.

-

n.b - I have now quit - and my views here do not represent those of Garrett/Twigley/JJ/Enrico/Etc.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Just so you know Ailihphilia has only taken part in massing the top. When those attacks do not occur, we attack (by ourselves) any alliance not part of the resistance for fun and profit.

We have noticed others piggying our attacks. I don't know if we hit you, but by saying massing I'm going to say no. I just wanted to reiterate that not all of the 'resistance' alliances are the same.

Just so everyone is clear OF has had incoming from Ail as a single entity on its own but not as ive already stated part of the n00bblock this confirms your statement garrett and i believe i gave you a little praise in my post as did my alliance mates for having the morals to actually play this game as its meant to be hopefully this clears this up

Im so pleased you posted Twigley

i may be wrong but isnt one definition of a powerblock as it applies to this game - a group of alliances or players that band together to bully and threaten a group of players not curently holding or even close to rank 1?? i believe it is and hopefully so does Azzer as powerblocking (5 alliances and 110 seperate mobs against a rank 4 ally?) is officially against the EULA i cant wait to see if the sanctions for these breaches are any use or not or even if they will be applied.... fun times indeed

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Whether OF were mass attacking or hitting randoms is besides the point. OF were hit for two reasons:

1.) Because they refused to help with the resistance. It was decided if their troops/income was not to be used to help kill the rank 1 alliance, those resources would be taken from them to help the resistance do just that. (Helping kill #1 is the done thing, a resistance always forms. You either join or find yourself alone and therefore vunerable.)

2.) Because the resistance couldn't and can't risk OF attacking one of the resistance alliances during a hit on RRR. Something not all that unlikely given they appear to have a close relationship with RRR (considering how quickly RRR countered when Enmity/Fail/S2N etc hit OF.)

Actually:

3.) It was my decision to hit OF, I mailed all the Resistance leaders with my intentions and reasoning (see points 1 & 2) - The last reason I decided to mass them with "my allies" was that OF did not only refuse to help fight the uphill battle vs RRR, but they very snobbishly & vocally refused to help in any way. See here.

That post is void of sincerity and got on my nerves a little - As I don't like it when alliances sit on the sidelines during a resistance. More often than not they simply want to let other alliances lose score fighting #1 while they continue to grow.

-

Lastly - OF shouldn't be all too surprised the resistance hit them before RRR. They are, after all, one of the only alliances not taking part. That leaves the resistance alliances very few land opportunities. And if you're not in, you're out. Admittedly all attacking at once is a little low, though at this point, nobody really cared about massing an alliance that so lazily turned down helping.

Another alliance leader with no credibility admits to powerblocking (i.e mutually agreed non attacking of each other and bashing alliances currently not at rank 1...) does anyone else love the hypocrisy 'no no we promise we wont powerblock again...' that is until someone refuses to do as their told then we'll think up some crap excuse to renew the powerblock and justify it.

Yet again your found out DA.....

Garrett

Landscape Designer
no worries, and I didn't mean to detract from your shout out. in between all the thread splicing and other spoofery, I didn't see your post. my post was more of a general notification for all involved.

now i do want to say that temporary snaps like for resistances et al are not powerblocks. at least any the talks i've been in there has never been a powerblock mentioned other than in jest. (it's my turn to win right? lulz) there definitely has been a sNapping for purposes of resistances, but I only did with the main 3 and no one else. Otherwise I'd have 0 targets :(

But now really all that's happening nowadays is grandstanding. So none of the posts matter nao. :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Just so everyone is clear OF has had incoming from Ail as a single entity on its own but not as ive already stated part of the n00bblock this confirms your statement garrett and i believe i gave you a little praise in my post as did my alliance mates for having the morals to actually play this game as its meant to be hopefully this clears this up

Im so pleased you posted Twigley

i may be wrong but isnt one definition of a powerblock as it applies to this game - a group of alliances or players that band together to bully and threaten a group of players not curently holding or even close to rank 1?? i believe it is and hopefully so does Azzer as powerblocking (5 alliances and 110 seperate mobs against a rank 4 ally?) is officially against the EULA i cant wait to see if the sanctions for these breaches are any use or not or even if they will be applied.... fun times indeed

A resistance is a perfectly legitimate' organisation. You try remove a resistance you essentially hand Rank #1 an easy and unchallenged win.

The actions of a resistance are questionable here - but it'd be foolish, IMO, to label the organisation itself as illegitimate.

[edit]

Melni said:
Another alliance leader with no credibility admits to powerblocking (i.e mutually agreed non attacking of each other and bashing alliances currently not at rank 1...) does anyone else love the hypocrisy 'no no we promise we wont powerblock again...' that is until someone refuses to do as their told then we'll think up some crap excuse to renew the powerblock and justify it.

A resistance isn't a powerblock.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
An organisation led by 3 leaders of a powerblock from the previous round, that seeks not to topple the rank 1 alliance but the rank 4 for its own selfish ends is not a resistance, your claims that it are are pathetic in the extreme.... its the powerblock from last round renewed simple as

Attacking rank 1 = resistance
Attacking rank 4 = lame ass move by DA, recruiting his bum buddies to take down an alliance of inactive oldies that his bunch of n00bs couldnt handle alone

Fail... apt name

Ahead

Head Gardener
What I get from this thread..

I was furious to see pms saying "So i hear you are organising the resistence tonight Twigley"?

NO

Each ally leader needs to be involved.
I can organise times to send etc but it's YOUR job to put the effort in aswell.

Lols from this. I saw logs of you saying something along the lines of "Hell no, I'm going out" when asked if you were organising that night :p Gl sending and organising the other alliances if you're out.

----

DA you are still funny. All you are doing by posting now is proving that you are unable to NOT work as a team. Powerblocking is the only way you know now I'm afraid, and it's showing again now. Also, I thought you'd quit anyway? :p

As to your immediate retaliation theory, you make me laugh. RRR and OF have no "close relationship", and there weren't huge retals on STN/Fail/Enmity when you had sent to OF. There was one wave sent on one Enmity member which probably would have happened anyway, but took place then as I heard that Enmity had a lot of people all out. The circumstances are irrelevant. They could have been hitting OF, solo's, randoms, or your alliance, that fact does not bother me.

How some people can defend what the TBA nooblock (yes, I am still calling it that - it is the same people as last round doing the same thing as last round) is doing to OF is absolutely ridiculous. But it is interesting that neither Enmity nor STN have attacked on their own in the whole round - it really makes you wonder about the quality of their players, particularly after last round.

All I can say is:

OF ftw! GL guys I have a lot of respect for you.
The nooblock/powerblock (under the name "Resistance" this round instead of TBA), no respect at all.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
This talk of "powerblock" gives me lulz :/

A powerblock is an organisation that has a massive and unprecedented detrimental impact on the playerbase.

20 guys in OF does not consitute a large enough proportion of the playerbase for people to start crying "powerblock".

Again, the resistance is a perfectly legit group of alliances that have, for the most part, good intentions. OF didnt want to help, they were singled out, alone, and had resources to help strengthen the resistance'. We went in. Don't ask me if we're still going, I wouldnt know :p

-

Also, to add my theory on RRR defending OF so much and so soon:

#Bushtarion said:
[18:23] <DA|around> I think RRR have jumped so readily to the defence of OF because they know that had they joined the resistance, RRR's chances of winning would be looking somewhat grimmer than they are now
[18:24] <DA|around> rl' stuff Yang
[18:24] <Alcibiades> bollocks
[18:24] <Alcibiades> absolute horseshit
[18:24] <DA|around> Well thats my opinion :p

-

Ahead, I don't have a fact about China to hand. Please give me a couple of minutes.

Khris

Pruner
lol

lol

this is a funny thread... I swear i have heard these excuses from twigley before.

the "resistance" for a lack of a better word, can not even kill a bunch of inactive non contactable people, much less RRR. Give up the charade, or maybe just kick twigleys alli out of it and you have alot better chance of accomplishing something. No one except his sheep ever want to deal with him, thats why nothing ever gets done. lol

love my OF family... and the OF Post rocks...

moorer

Pruner
DA I find your stance a little hypocritical to say the least.

2 weeks ago you were complaining how unfair it was that your ally couldn't have a 1 on 1 fight now you happily join a 6 v 1 fight, how quickly you adjust your ethics when it suits you.

Ahead

Head Gardener
This talk of "powerblock" gives me lulz :/

A powerblock is an organisation that has a massive and unprecedented detrimental impact on the playerbase.

20 guys in OF does not consitute a large enough proportion of the playerbase for people to start crying "powerblock".

Again, the resistance is a perfectly legit group of alliances that have, for the most part, good intentions. OF didnt want to help, they were singled out, alone, and had resources to help strengthen the resistance'. We went in. Don't ask me if we're still going, I wouldnt know :p

What happens next though? Do the same three TBA leaders from last round (excluding you as you quit) team up to take out Aili for not helping them kill OF? Where does it end? Atm it looks like nowhere, as in my eyes it seems like a continuation of last round's powerblock.

Also, to add my theory on RRR defending OF so much and so soon:

#Bushtarion said:
[18:23] <DA|around> I think RRR have jumped so readily to the defence of OF because they know that had they joined the resistance, RRR's chances of winning would be looking somewhat grimmer than they are now
[18:24] <DA|around> rl' stuff Yang
[18:24] <Alcibiades> bollocks
[18:24] <Alcibiades> absolute horseshit
[18:24] <DA|around> Well thats my opinion :p

If you say no. OF have already said that they are inactive and uncontactable. I have the utmost respect for many of their players and despite having a lot more talent/skill in there than in Fail/Enmity/STN combined, I don't feel like their activity would have contributed to the resistance much. But it is their decision to be inactive and play purely for fun and on their own.

Tbh I am starting to see what ANK is talking about now...