Wave Bottomfeeding?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Quite so. Many good points.

Garrett you lazy bum. I read the whole lot.....in 47 seconds.8)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
47 seconds. i'd love to give you a quiz that'd you'd undoubtedly fail on. it's obviously a 90 second read. you cut too many corners.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Awesome article Steve - I read the WHOLE thing unlike my lazy husband.

And tyedye goddess :) If you are the ally I think you are it really boils down to this.

<irc person> - Heya Your alliance have almost no-one online right now..
<irc person2> - Really, have a list?
<irc person> - yeah... #################

I've seen this conversation happen at least 3 times in the past week. Same alliance.
I mean this as no insult. Just to tell you exactly the thinking process behind your waves.

tyedyegoddess

Weeder

And tyedye goddess :) If you are the ally I think you are it really boils down to this.

I've seen this conversation happen at least 3 times in the past week. Same alliance.
I mean this as no insult. Just to tell you exactly the thinking process behind your waves.

We did have spies all round which hurt us a lot, but I was speaking in particular to the fact that size-wise I got so sick of seeing people sending 1b staff at someone with 40m total, if that. Seriously, it was just pitiful and ridiculous. We scared them off most of the time, which is also stupid... if you're sending 1b at someone +2eta, you should be able to handle 200m defenders...

I'm not one for cowardice. It's like a 5th grader beating up a preschool kid over 20c.

We did have spies all round which hurt us a lot, but I was speaking in particular to the fact that size-wise I got so sick of seeing people sending 1b staff at someone with 40m total, if that. Seriously, it was just pitiful and ridiculous. We scared them off most of the time, which is also stupid... if you're sending 1b at someone +2eta, you should be able to handle 200m defenders...

I'm not one for cowardice. It's like a 5th grader beating up a preschool kid over 20c.

I'll be honest, spies infuriate me more than anything else in this game... but then again my alliance fell afoul of them countless times... It kinda get's to "waht's the point" moment when, for the 6th time in as many days, your alliance list has been given out to everyone. I know that this is a war game though and I deal with it; I also refuse to play with anyone that is a spy, so I outright refuse to allow players that try to spy on other alliances to remain in my alliance.

The bottom feeding honestly was a joke to me. One minute I'm frothing at the mouth because XXXXX XXXXXX has sent another billion attack dogs and 100 million TL's to ruin my day. The next minute my laughing in defeat as I watch 4 guys 300% my range wave one person. In the end we did as best as we could to make ourselves a painful target.. we just didn't have the cohesiveness in our alliance to really make ourselves anything more than annoying. The bottom feeding really ruined the game in some respects, and at the same time it made it more competitive..

My 2 cents of nothing.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it best to assume that people do and will just know your alliance ID list, and play the game basing your plans and strategies around that knowledge... rather than play relying on full anonimity and then being annoyed when people know your ID list.

Hell, even without somebody leaking your ID list, it'll be discovered soon enough anyway - there's spy parsers that look for which ID's were seen defending the ID you spy, and with a handful of spies you can easily build up an ID list of an alliance using that information, the moment the spy intel type is out.

Public alliances ftw! :D

But that's all rather off-topic... bottomfeeding is bad, and while I don't want to implement a further glass ceiling (or should that be glass-floor!?), beyond the one we already have at 30%, I do want to reduce the appeal of attacking low-down, and the new fairness calculator is being designed with this in mind.

GoodApollo

Digger
damn bottomfeeders, I knew a bottom feeder once, he was a halibut.

:lol:

moderated by Weeble
Spam

Last edited by a moderator:

iamclever1

Weeder
i think it sholuld be the same as it is now. although when attacking people with a much lower score, it should add about 100 initiative to the units attacking, and if it is waved by others in an alliance, even if the score is within 40% it should still add this higher initiative

or maybe an ar.. that insted of giving people in an alliance government defence, give some initiative bonus to the defenders,
if that happened, i think that this ar should be shown to the attackers so they can still plan the attack

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Nice article :)
I have to agree with it, we all like bottom feeding and will always hunt the weak for a faster growth but there must be a balance to increase the quality of the game regardless of the income Azzer makes (from players point of view) :p
I played travian myself and only got to my 6th village to realize the game is 99% about the time you're willing to invest, macromanagement it's all that the game is about with very few demandings in terms of braincells and experience.

I personally think bottom feeding balance in bushtarion isn't too far from perfect, combined defence can survive lone attacks from higher players, solo players have a chance not to be 24/7 farms, the only problem is with combined attacks of much more powerfull against an alliance.
As for time over skill i think bushtarion has that problem quite alot :p The game is very time demanding, you can't go out for a couple hours and not be contactable without jeopardizing several weeks of income, waking up at 3am as the guy posted it's something usual in bush. It's more than just a game if you want to compete. Maybe with a decrease of potential looses for beeing offline while keeping the rewards for playing active would make more players happy :p

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Bah, if I'm gonna OK a bash on some ally, I pick someone bigger than mine...

:p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Nice article :)
I have to agree with it, we all like bottom feeding and will always hunt the weak for a faster growth but there must be a balance to increase the quality of the game regardless of the income Azzer makes (from players point of view) :p
I played travian myself and only got to my 6th village to realize the game is 99% about the time you're willing to invest, macromanagement it's all that the game is about with very few demandings in terms of braincells and experience.

I personally think bottom feeding balance in bushtarion isn't too far from perfect, combined defence can survive lone attacks from higher players, solo players have a chance not to be 24/7 farms, the only problem is with combined attacks of much more powerfull against an alliance.
As for time over skill i think bushtarion has that problem quite alot :p The game is very time demanding, you can't go out for a couple hours and not be contactable without jeopardizing several weeks of income, waking up at 3am as the guy posted it's something usual in bush. It's more than just a game if you want to compete. Maybe with a decrease of potential looses for beeing offline while keeping the rewards for playing active would make more players happy :p

I think DS is spot on exactly :) Bush is near perfect. I think that etas could/should be modified to make it at little more fair but that's about it. The top allies aren't going to want to send alot of eta 8 attacks out if thier enemies can get to them in 3-4 ticks for example.

Time over skill is a huge problem as witnessed by the last several rounds of winners. One or 2 skilled leaders can lead a handfull of active noobs to victory time and time again :) it needs to be more balanced.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
heh, am I the only one who remembers that the minimum used to be 20%??? :D hell I remember arguing to get it up to 30%. ahh... 20% attacking.. those were the days

When I started it was 17.5% I think ;D

round 7/8 i remember playing like that before secret agents and bribing units and all that lark

never saw the 10%mind

but back to the first comment
I'm not even in a top ten ally and am in fact the top member of mine with less than 6k acres..

implying around the 5k mark and not in a top ten allaince. OFC you got waved and rapped. im in a top ten alliance. and even we were questioning going above 4k acres

then on top the fact u were rank 1 in allaince i assume u also had the most land

allie play isnt who can hoard the most land as quick as possible the idea is to progress as fast as posisble but when u hit top 2-3 ranks(within the alliance) and have most/high land you are sooo vunerable so slow down bulk up allie play is about staying in a similar range to the other members unless your ranked 1/2/3 alliance, or fully teched active contactable alliance.

but ive attacked small alliances before just for fun try and take on as many as i can alone. quite fun at times. and yess there is little you can do unless contactable and active. the problem with alliances is they require your other members to be skilled not just you.

Koeniej

Harvester
1243297507510.jpg