RapeRinseRepeat's Request | R31

DaN

Weeder
bah sadly i wasnt here for the action, friday night i usually go out with some hot babes, bad timing!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'd just like to clarify that Fail. And RRR attacked S2N only after S2N and Enmity made it clear they were working together. (By hitting RRR).

I would have liked this round to have been a free for all, but, make no mistake, it wasn't.

I helped RRR hit S2N last night purely on the basis that both S2N and Enmity had hit RRR, and I'd intel that both were planning an attack on Fail. the early hours of the morning. Our mass with RRR on S2N seemed to confirm that, as retals were readily launched from Enmity/S2N

I did not happily go up against S2N with RRR, I did so knowing that if I didn't S2N and Enmity would have came for us anyway.

GL every alliance under S2N and Enmity. Prepare for another round of blocking...

Last edited:

timtadams

Landscape Designer
oh i dont know if its going to be like last round DA. It seems like two on two atm. If they are working together, the best thing to do is gang up on them.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
S2N/Enmity made the first move working together, and forced a collective response from Fail. and RRR to work together on one attack.

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'd just like to clarify that Fail. And RRR attacked S2N only after S2N and Enmity made it clear they were working together. (By hitting RRR).

I would have liked this round to have been a free for all, but, make no mistake, it wasn't.

I helped RRR hit S2N last night purely on the basis that both S2N and Enmity had hit RRR, and I'd intel that both were planning an attack on Fail. the early hours of the morning. Our mass with RRR on S2N seemed to confirm that, as retals were readily launched from S2N.

I did not happily go up against S2N with RRR, I did so knowing that if I didn't S2N and Enmity would have came for us anyway.

GL every alliance under S2N and Enmity. Prepare for another round of blocking...

tbh, it was 2v2, you guys having no LETs and not partaking cost you your rank, no doubt RRR will be next.

I hope Twigs and JJ won't keep their NAP all round and I don't expect them to, but they beat us both fair and square. Kudos!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'd have much preferred a FFA - no FTW alliances working together.

I was very reluctant to help RRR, as I hoped Enmity/S2N would play fair and hit alone. They didn't. We had to react. Now the round looks to be taking a similar shape to that of last.

:/

Ah well.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'd have much preferred a FFA - no FTW alliances working together.

I was very reluctant to help RRR, as I hoped Enmity/S2N would play fair and hit alone. They didn't. We had to react. Now the round looks to be taking a similar shape to that of last.

:/

Ah well.

As would I, but we discussed the risks and both came to a joint decision. STN and Enmity then worked together, so we hit them together. We were then ready to hit again and your guys all vanished and you died in the night?
I don't think it's fair to pull the 'powerblock' tool when it was 2v2 and a fair fight, just because you didn't look to keep up the momentum after the first hit and all your guys dissapeared so we couldn't coordinate again.

Put the nails in your own coffin so to speak? :p

alexx

Harvester
What's up with the guru defense with no sweepers @ fail lol?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Martin - I get what you're saying. I'm saying I regret that we had to hit them atall. We shouldnt have had to work together because they were. It should have been a FFA in the first place.

My whole round start play for my alliance, personally, was to minimise spending on units of moderate power and delay until we get more powerful units. Thats something that would have worked had we had a fair FFA, which I was hoping would be the case given the uproar last round.

I hit with you guys as a very last resort - And tbh it was a bad call on my behalf to help - given we're euro heavy and most of our guys hit bed a couple hours after LT. But I did so, because I expected inc in the early hours of the morning from both Enmity and S2N anyway.

-

Real shame it had to come to last night, and that alliances have proved once again they can't take rank 1 by themselves - they need help....

I was confident my alliance could do just that, but it wasnt to be.

As for the "nails in our own coffin" thing - we hit S2N with you guys, got 24 retals from Emnity within about 20 minutes (further proof, IMO, they were preparing to hit us soon after regardless of whether we went first) - I challenge you to maintain your outgoing when you've that many incs, and few LETs to defend them because you weren't expecting a FFA was out of the question as soon as JJ/Twigley decided to work together.

I know I sound like I'm moaning. I am moaning. I wanted a fair FFA. And being forced into working with RRR, because JJ/Twigley had already taken the first move, was unfair, and a bit of a dissapointment tbh :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
We'd keep up the outgoings ;)

but fair point.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Woop!

Now ive had some sleep that was both awesome and sucked. Was up til 6am and just scrambling around findind defence! At the time it wasnt great but tbh, this is one of the best bits of bush...battling against the odds, hoping you can pull it together at the last moment. It doesnt always work (as our current land/score shows) but its fun none the less.

8 days in! Lets do it!.

Just as a last point cos i dont want to be one of the people moaning all the time about this but tbh i would have thought more of JJ in particular this round. But meh, you do what you can to win i guess...:(

lavadog

Head Gardener
It's actually good that you teamed up with RRR, DA. You're a resistance after all, whether it's against one or 2 alliances. If they put their strength in numbers once more, you just do the same to stop them from doing so. Then after you're resistance is succesful, you can just split up again and have a FFA like you wanted.

That's just what resistances do, they team up, take down whoever is on top and then disband. After a while a new resistance forms and takes down the new top alliance(s). Ideally it should be an unending cycle. I don't know, however, if there's been many of these cycles before through all of the round.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I dont know if DA explained it already, havnt had much sleep so just skimmed through his post. BUT

Initially RRR hit Enmity
S2N retalled RRR when they were af2 on Enmity. Along with Retals from Enmity themselves (im told)

Hours later RRR and Fail hit S2N. The only reason we hit together was because of the co-ordinated retals coming from Enmity and S2N against RRR.

The initial plan was to be RRR v Enmity // Fail v S2N (although that attack itself was called off/delayed due to us not being ready.)

When i was talking to Martin previous to the hits he in particular maintained that it would be 1 v 1 // 1 v 1 throughout. No teaming up against 1 of them at a time. So that was our plan, S2N and Enmity however were already working together (at least enough to retal for each other - which iirc was what alot of the moaning was about)

Like i said i dont wanna moan too much, but im sure JJ and Twigs remember last round when the resistance pretty much gave up due to (as well as a couple of other things) the fact that if they attacked one alliance in TBA the others would retal thus costing them alot more. By seemingly doing the same this round will it give them the same advantage, allowing them to tech up and sit on huge land advantages until they either fight it out or dont...

Meh. :D

CFalcon

Official Helper
The initial plan was to be RRR v Enmity // Fail v S2N (although that attack itself was called off/delayed due to us not being ready.)

When i was talking to Martin previous to the hits he in particular maintained that it would be 1 v 1 // 1 v 1 throughout. No teaming up against 1 of them at a time. So that was our plan, S2N and Enmity however were already working together (at least enough to retal for each other - which iirc was what alot of the moaning was about)

Like i said i dont wanna moan too much, but im sure JJ and Twigs remember last round when the resistance pretty much gave up due to (as well as a couple of other things) the fact that if they attacked one alliance in TBA the others would retal thus costing them alot more. By seemingly doing the same this round will it give them the same advantage, allowing them to tech up and sit on huge land advantages until they either fight it out or dont...

I don't know if you're played this game before, but a straight up 1v1 is never going to happen in a battle for the top involving more than 2 alliances. It's not to the advantage of the 2 alliances in the 1v1 to let the others sit back and take no damage, and it's not to the advantage of the other alliances to pass an opportunity for easy acres.

As to the retal thing, Fail and RRR can't do this because?

I also have a feeling (and am very much hoping) that this 2v2 situation won't last long. Fail have taken a slapping, but nothing really decisive has happened, so there's still everything to play for. Seeing how quickly the teams were decided yesterday, they could just as quickly change again.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
No, im not saying 2 v 1 is wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2 alliances teaming up to take down another for mutual gains. Some people would argue it "low" or "unskilled" but you are right. In this game you work together often especially at the top.

What im trying to point out is as per RRR's initial wishes we planned to hit 1 v 1 // 1 v 1. To be more fair/have more fun i dont know ;P. But that was the plan. It was only because Enmity and S2N are working together a hell of alot more than RRR and Fail ever will that we ended up attacking together.

And like i said above, 2 v 1 is all well and good. Its the retalling for each other that i am dissapointed in. Thought after last round that would all be over with.

Mateeen

Weeder
after the retal from S2n onto Fail, enmity hit Fail. ALONE with just flak and a few LET. The result was 10k land in 1 wave

now you tell me, when your alliance is so weak that it looses 10k land in 1 wave to 1 alliance with 10-12 members sending, why wouldnt other alliances jump in.

and anyways, its only 8 days in, dont act like the round is over, theo nly difference between rank 1 and rank 4 atm is land score + like 1 tril in troops, why give up that fast?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
We arent giving up, god no! The round is only 8 days in...its barely even started!

But dont try and claim that it wasnt co-ordinated between S2N and Enmity.

Anyway, ive said my piece.
Bring on the rest of the round!!!!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Nobody is giving up. I'm merely conveying the fact that I'm disheartened we once again have ftw alliances who need to hold hands to win... (yes I was part of such a formation of alliances last round, I've admitted that and hoped this round would be different)

Fail and RRR were *NOT* working together before JJ/Twigley made it very clear they were - by retalling for each other and jointly attacking.

What I am looking forward to is them having to bite the bullet and hit each other. Just wondering whether they'll do that before or after Azzer threatens to impose anti-blocking provisions for, now outlawed, working together (closely) for an extended amount of time with no prospect of that agreement being broken >.>

Roll on D-Day ;D