• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Rosa

Pruner
When the forums was changed, the avatar size went from 100x100 to 80x80... can we get the limit back to 100x100 and like 50kb? I believe, don't remember the kb limit from the old forums. I want to use my old avatar again, too lazy to get a new one :(

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just the Vbulletin defaults, f0xxy. I've updated it to 100x100, 50kb max.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
\o/

[edit] Bah, nvm.

[edit2] Actually, I take that back.

I have another question. I am currently using another vBulletin forum as well, and I use the same avatar there. They have almost the same avatar requirements (100x100 size and 64kb), but the overall quality of the avatar there looks quite a bit better than the one here. The original format of the picture is PNG, and when I upload it it looks like a sucky JGP.

[edit3] You can still upload 100x100 pictures, but they are being resized.

[edit4]
Just the Vbulletin defaults, f0xxy. I've updated it to 100x100, 50kb max.
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 48.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The compression nature will mean theirs is compressing the image to a better quality because it gives you 64kb to play with, here is less because of 50kb. It could also be the implementation of GDLibrary. Otherwise there's no obvious "quality" settings I can think of.

Edit: Two of us checked the images between the other forums & here, and they were pixel by pixel identical, no lower quality on the Bush one :p