Sexy Grannies - I declare war | R30

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
DA for instance goes on and on about 'how little' i hurt him, but I've changed his buying habits and playing style of his troops of the past couple weeks. If it didn't bother so much, he wouldn't keep talking out about it nor would he be buying different troops. Saying one thing but doing another is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Lol. Don't flatter yourself Garrett. I didn't even know you were playing until I mailed H_G and she told me her accomplice that "night" was you.

I've been massing TLs for about 6 weeks :/

Furthermore, when I spent 20 tril the other week if you really had altered my playstyle/buying habits I'd presumably have opt for mass terrors if I wanted to kill any number of SAs before they fired (I'd have had 1bn terrorists by the time you attacked me).

I didn't bother reading the rest of your post, I only picked up on the part about me. I've already no doubt the rest of it is as inaccurate and foolishly assertive.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
LAFiN you're about the only one on at night. Ever. Props to you for a few reasons:

1. Your good sense of humor about the whole thing.
2. Your defense.
3. Your activity.
4. Getting everyone online and taking care of me :)

Thanks Darkmane. Whilst you caused me a lot of trouble (and money to text people :p) you did in turn provide me with 3.9k acres :p

I'd have wished you hadn't left, but oh well. Just a game. You certainly gave me something to do :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Tbf to DA, i can vouch that he hasnt changed his troop set up because of you. Ive been trying to make him get certain units for weeks and he hasnt listened, the lure of TLs is too great...So he's unlikely to change anything cos of 1 half successful rush.
x

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
actually he bought up 10m more terrorists immediatley after the attack, the tl's wouldnt really matter one way or the other as he already had more than enough to zero us if it weren't for the hoolies that saved a smidge.

I'm not saying this is because of us. Just something I noticed.

blockatiel

Planter
I am mad that I got beaten only because we had to fight 3 times the amout of players we had. I am mad that those people claim they won because they are skilled. I am mad because they think that just because they are top 10 they are better than us

f0xx is mad for some rather strange reasons:

1) Chance and W?H? were working together when the round wasn't yet "over" -- that's 1.5x the amount of players. TBA's existance was public knowledge MONTHS before the round started -- you can't claim that we "took you by surprise". Also, many of the players in TBA (Especially SG) were new or very inexperienced. Frankly, I find it surprising that two groups of active, experienced, skilled players were incapable of dealing with TBA. W?H? was definitely more active than any group in TBA, and Chance was at least as active as Inimical, who, quite frankly, were much more active than SG or lude.

2) Who claimed that TBA won out of skill? I'm really curious where you're getting this from.

3) We claimed that we were better than you because of top 10 positions? I don't believe i've seen anyone claim that either.

You can ***** and whine about the powerblock and assume that nobody within the powerblock has any skill whatsoever solely because you're upset that the situation was unfair to you, but spewing random bullshit with no actual logic behind it is not the way to make a proper argument.

in b4 mindless flaming

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Yet more false "facts" coming from TBA members.

1) Chance and W?H? were working together when the round wasn't yet "over" -- that's 1.5x the amount of players.
Firstly, there is one thing in temporary working together to defeat a powerblock. We've never shared same channel. We've naver had safelists. The times we've attacked together I can count on the fingers on my one hand and that was only as resistance. Not only that, but there have been many cases in which WH have attacked chance, be it for land here and there or for bounty/bribes. I personally have mails from Chance asking me if I don't have anything better to do. The fact that you are comparing WH+Chance to TBA is hilarious.

TBA's existance was public knowledge MONTHS before the round started -- you can't claim that we "took you by surprise".
That is true, although Twigley and Steve were spreading lies all over the place how this powerblock was only between SG and Overlude. We tried to split Inimical from them without knowing that the whole powerblock was planned as 3, not 2 alliances, which backfired badly.

Also, many of the players in TBA (Especially SG) were new or very inexperienced. Frankly, I find it surprising that two groups of active, experienced, skilled players were incapable of dealing with TBA. W?H? was definitely more active than any group in TBA, and Chance was at least as active as Inimical, who, quite frankly, were much more active than SG or lude.
Now lets be honest here. The TBA trio has been working together since day 2, back when the flak war between Inimical and WH began, which Inimical were losing badly, so they decided to call their buddies and in addition to that to form an early resistance. TBA came on top because when they start attacking it is 3 attacking alliances vs 1 defending. Having in mind all alliances are of somewhat same size and with 3-4 good organisers to lead the herd, it doesn't take long to land rape an ally that doesn't have LETs. After both WH and Chance were land raped, only then we somewhat started working together and still it was nowhere the level of which TBA were.

2) Who claimed that TBA won out of skill? I'm really curious where you're getting this from.
I never talk without prooves. There are many cases of players in TBA claiming that they are skilled only because they are high ranked.

3) We claimed that we were better than you because of top 10 positions? I don't believe i've seen anyone claim that either.
FeR and DA are just two recent example. And while those two have some skills atleast, claiming that you are better than someone else just bacuse of your rank is stupid. There have been players who literally have their first round and still make claims like that.

You can ***** and whine about the powerblock and assume that nobody within the powerblock has any skill whatsoever solely because you're upset that the situation was unfair to you
Life ain't fair too, I ain't expecting the game to be fair. If your victory was a cheap one though, then have the guts to come in front of everyone and say, "Hey, we can't beat you with skill so we needed three times more players", because that is the truth and that is what any honest player will admit. "I want to win but I ain't good/active enough to be in an ally like yours, that's why I joined TBA". That is what I've heard atleast 5 times from players who have been in TBA at one time or another.

but spewing random bullshit with no actual logic behind it is not the way to make a proper argument.
My **** is NEVER random and illogical and I enter arguments only if I have *solid* prooves or logic behind them.

Next please.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Now lets be honest here. The TBA trio has been working together since day 2, back when the flak war between Inimical and WH began, which Inimical were losing badly, so they decided to call their buddies and in addition to that to form an early resistance.

Since 20 days before ticks*

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Tbf to DA, i can vouch that he hasnt changed his troop set up because of you. Ive been trying to make him get certain units for weeks and he hasnt listened, the lure of TLs is too great...So he's unlikely to change anything cos of 1 half successful rush.
x

he even put it in his posts about his changing terrorist levels as they've gone from 30 to 100 to 50 to now 60+ so step back. it's this automatic sycophantic crap that is so darn infuriating.

also this would be the 2nd time i hit him, terrorists always going up in # after the fact.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Life ain't fair too, I ain't expecting the game to be fair. If your victory was a cheap one though, then have the guts to come in front of everyone and say, "Hey, we can't beat you with skill so we needed three times more players", because that is the truth and that is what any honest player will admit. "I want to win but I ain't good/active enough to be in an ally like yours, that's why I joined TBA". That is what I've heard atleast 5 times from players who have been in TBA at one time or another.

I think this is the most accurate statement I've seen so far. You wonder why people flame tba when thier members sit in IRC and whine about a lack of targets and an inability to hold on to certain statistics. You won fair deal, but SG in particular have no room to whine back about a situation they've created for themselves.

blockatiel

Planter
Firstly, there is one thing in temporary working together to defeat a powerblock. We've never shared same channel. We've naver had safelists. The times we've attacked together I can count on the fingers on my one hand and that was only as resistance. Not only that, but there have been many cases in which WH have attacked chance, be it for land here and there or for bounty/bribes. I personally have mails from Chance asking me if I don't have anything better to do. The fact that you are comparing WH+Chance to TBA is hilarious.

Did I ever say that WH and Chance formed a powerblock? I never once compared those two alliances to TBA. It's also not my fault that you were in a piss-poor resistance, and didn't properly organize with the other alliance. You had SG zeroed while you were out of range of most of inimical, and you STOPPED TRYING because we swapped a couple members with them. That's your failure, not ours

Now lets be honest here. The TBA trio has been working together since day 2, back when the flak war between Inimical and WH began, which Inimical were losing badly, so they decided to call their buddies and in addition to that to form an early resistance. TBA came on top because when they start attacking it is 3 attacking alliances vs 1 defending. Having in mind all alliances are of somewhat same size and with 3-4 good organisers to lead the herd, it doesn't take long to land rape an ally that doesn't have LETs. After both WH and Chance were land raped, only then we somewhat started working together and still it was nowhere the level of which TBA were.

First of all, Inimical wasn't "losing badly." Inimical was at it's most active during the flak wars, and sadly, SG and Lude were, for the most part, nowhere to be found. Yes, we did lead an "early resistance" against WH, and it certainly wasn't just TBA who were in it -- another example of political manipulation that other alliances should have seen right through :p

Yes, TBA won through numbers. Yes, early on, it was 3 attacking alliances vs 1 defending. (After the first week or so though, most of inimical was not capable of sending on anyone outside of TBA.) To say that you both got land raped and had no lethals is quite incorrect, however. WH remained a military threat for most of the round. Chance, however, did not have the same level of coordination that WH did, and did not hold up as well against our attacks.

Also, TBA didn't have 3-4 organizers. For the most part, a couple people would send, and find that another 3 or 4 noticed and followed them in. The only time there was any real organization was for a few of the big waves, mostly earlier in the round. The only person who organized this was DA, whom everyone seems to love to bash :p

I never talk without prooves. There are many cases of players in TBA claiming that they are skilled only because they are high ranked.

Can you reference some examples for this? Not so much that I don't believe you as I want to see it myself

FeR and DA are just two recent example. And while those two have some skills atleast, claiming that you are better than someone else just bacuse of your rank is stupid. There have been players who literally have their first round and still make claims like that.

I won't comment on any skill comparison between the people in WH/Chance and the two people you have mentioned, but a few things are certain here:

1) DA's been trolling all round, not only since he's entered the top 10. Needless to say, as much as you may dislike DA, he's not without skill.

2) FeR was rank 1 for the majority of the round, because he managed to pull ahead of everyone else on his own merits. He's an extremely active player, and he's not bad at what he does.

Just because they've talked **** doesn't mean that they're doing it for the sole reason that they're (or were) in the top 10, and that they feel that being in the top 10 means they're skilled.

Yes, the TBA victory was a cheap one. I don't deny that. However, you're saying that "since your victory was a cheap one, you (everyone in TBA) should come out and say that you're less skilled than anyone in WH/Chance." This is inhernently flawed; Just because (as I admitted) there are many people in TBA who are new or inexperienced, does not mean that EVERYONE in TBA lacks any skill whatsoever. Fighting dirtily does not mean that someone is incapable of winning without doing so.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
actually he bought up 10m more terrorists immediatley after the attack, the tl's wouldnt really matter one way or the other as he already had more than enough to zero us if it weren't for the hoolies that saved a smidge.

I'm not saying this is because of us. Just something I noticed.

I bought back what I lost and continued to mass TLs. At this stage in the round I'd no chance of massing enough terrorists to kill a rush without being hurt.

Not sure what significance this has atall tbh. I don't need ratios anymore, I don't attack and we don't get inc. I could mass geos without question :S

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i wish i had the chance to backstab TBA, i only have the chance to frontstab them, but then they'll see it coming :(, and i wouldnt do much anyways since i've been on their menu for a while, and they have eaten me all up. i hope they all get salmonela

Steve_God

Official Helper
F0xx; Garratt; Anyone else it applies to:

Just a quick reminder that this thread in within the 'Politics' section.
Much of what I say in this section can be regarding as piffle :p

Deep down I agree that there is very little comparison between this round, and previous powerblocks, but I'll still argue it out just for the sake of it for this round, because that's the side of the fence that I'm currently in.

Same with Darkmanes action, deep down I think it's quite brave of him to do what he did, annoying as a Leader, but I can see his reasoning - but I'm still going to fight back at it when it's posted as a 'war' against my alliance.

As for forgetting previous rounds? I can remember the arguements I've had in the past VERY clearly with me being the underdog complaining about other powerblocks. Am I a hypocrite for keeping my alliance as part of the group after we'd clearly won? Yes. But I have my reasons for doing so which I've previously given.

Anyway... that's my reminder done... back to the arguements ;)

Last edited:

Ahead

Head Gardener
Did I ever say that WH and Chance formed a powerblock? I never once compared those two alliances to TBA. It's also not my fault that you were in a piss-poor resistance, and didn't properly organize with the other alliance. You had SG zeroed while you were out of range of most of inimical, and you STOPPED TRYING because we swapped a couple members with them. That's your failure, not ours.

Rofl, clearly you have never organised a resistance. Persuading people to send against the rank 1 ally is one thing, but persuading them to send against the rank 1 ally when they know one of the resistance allies will be retalled by 2 other alliances ranked higher than them is another thing. Yes, if it had been organised better, the resistance probably could have taken down SG within another day or two. But you seem to think that that's the end? That's the resistance over and successful?

Do you not understand that after SG had fallen and the resistance had lost some staff, that there were TWO MORE alliances bigger than SG to take down? Considering that a good successful resistance will usually take 3-5 days to take down an ally enough to hit individually and split targets etc, that's another 2 entire weeks worth of resisting before the whole of TBA would be taken down. And in that 2 weeks, SG would be free to attack and gain land again without being harmed as the resistance's efforts would be focused on the other two alliances. It would have been nigh on impossible to take down three alliances and keep them down. So before you jump on the "BUT ITS ALL YOUR FAULT - WE MADE A POWERBLOCK BUT YOU COULDNT KILL IT YOU ARE SO RUBBISH" bandwagon, maybe think next time. Resisting against one alliance is one thing, resisting against 3 is another.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
wow, i didnt take long for this thread to descend into a big pile of steamy ****.

i lol at some peoples arguments

Matthew

BANNED
Did I ever say that WH and Chance formed a powerblock? I never once compared those two alliances to TBA. It's also not my fault that you were in a piss-poor resistance, and didn't properly organize with the other alliance. You had SG zeroed while you were out of range of most of inimical, and you STOPPED TRYING because we swapped a couple members with them. That's your failure, not ours.

Rofl, clearly you have never organised a resistance. Persuading people to send against the rank 1 ally is one thing, but persuading them to send against the rank 1 ally when they know one of the resistance allies will be retalled by 2 other alliances ranked higher than them is another thing. Yes, if it had been organised better, the resistance probably could have taken down SG within another day or two. But you seem to think that that's the end? That's the resistance over and successful?

Do you not understand that after SG had fallen and the resistance had lost some staff, that there were TWO MORE alliances bigger than SG to take down? Considering that a good successful resistance will usually take 3-5 days to take down an ally enough to hit individually and split targets etc, that's another 2 entire weeks worth of resisting before the whole of TBA would be taken down. And in that 2 weeks, SG would be free to attack and gain land again without being harmed as the resistance's efforts would be focused on the other two alliances. It would have been nigh on impossible to take down three alliances and keep them down. So before you jump on the "BUT ITS ALL YOUR FAULT - WE MADE A POWERBLOCK BUT YOU COULDNT KILL IT YOU ARE SO RUBBISH" bandwagon, maybe think next time. Resisting against one alliance is one thing, resisting against 3 is another.

You cannot really defend the incompetence of the resistance. The resistance or lack of it was probably the only thing this round that annoyed me more than TBA. It was just indecisive and unwilling to make any form of effort to impact anything.

I am not pointing the finger at you or any individual alliance, as it is everyone outside of TBA's fault. Everyone seemed to be convinced that the round was over far before it was.

blockatiel

Planter
I never said that "resisting was easy", I said that the resistance was terrible.

And honestly, with the state SG was in early round, I doubt they would have made a comeback. At that stage, they weren't even a top 5 alliance, yet alone top 3.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

You cannot really defend the incompetence of the resistance. The resistance or lack of it was probably the only thing this round that annoyed me more than TBA. It was just indecisive and unwilling to make any form of effort to impact anything.

I am not pointing the finger at you or any individual alliance, as it is everyone outside of TBA's fault. Everyone seemed to be convinced that the round was over far before it was.

Why oh why are people always so naive about these things?? The resistance was 'poor' from your end because SG got battered and we were still too crap to kill them, omg we are teh n0000bz. From our perspective we had to work out who was in what wing, because you cannot take on 3 wings at once, you focus on one, take it out, then focus on another etc. Now when members are being swapped constantly it's so so difficult, every wave we sent they had new members defending them. We had 3-4 allies taking on the defence of 3 alliances way bigger than us.

Cyrus organised the resistance and he did a brilliant job, but would you have the motivation to fight an almost impossible fight against 3 wings? IF they were public, IF they didn't member swap then it wouldn't have been a problem. Don't get me wrong, I commend TBA for their resliliance, BUT that is why SG survived.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Martin said:
Now when members are being swapped constantly it's so so difficult, every wave we sent they had new members defending them.

Members were not being swapped constantly. The first wave came. 2 SG members went to Inim. 1 Good inim player and 1 low/inactive Inim player went to SG. 1 SG player went to lude, 1 lude player went to SG.

Then later that night 1 more inim player went to SG.