• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Expand characters for names

timtadams

Landscape Designer
When i want to create a name i can only choose from a small selection of characters other than normal letters and numbers

why!?

I want to be able to use all different characters and symbols.

+−×÷=±∞ ⁿ²ª³°¹¼½¾⅓⅔⅛⅜⅝⅞αβγδεπ√∫∑f΄

≈†‡ ═ - just for a few, or most...

look! operators, superscripts, fractions, greek letters, arrows, weird shapes and even smiley faces!!!! I want smiley faces!!! pretty please? What about brackets? ()...

I guess there is a good reason that is going to disappoint me (hence the icon for thread), but i guess i would like to know

Last edited:

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Two issues:

1) If people started using these in game, I think we'd have a large epidemic of vomiting upon logging in. I for one don't want to see a page of smiley faces and arrows.

2) The dump data files would get incredibly confused and possibly bugger themselves in the face, causing a divide-by-cucumber error thus creating a black hole, destroying the universe from the inside out.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Ok,

1) forget smiley faces and arrows

2) i wonder if it is possible to destroy the universe form the outside...
would the dump data files really get confused?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Depending on the character encoding of the text files they'd end up being displayed as random squares, which in turn may confuse any program that attempts to parse the dump files.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
A few rounds back I had the name "The implications of E=mc^2" which goes to show you can get creative with what's available today.. now even the of is gone-