Bush Meet 2009?

ViVi

Pruner
I have been absent for a good number of months and the last I recall, Reading was the place on the map for a Bushmeet and that was towards the end of 2008. Did this go ahead as planned?

And, more importantly, have we got anything in the works for 2009? I think it's past time I forced myself to come to one.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It didn't,
Had to settle for a few of us at mine :p

And who knows in 2009!

Steve_God

Official Helper
The Reading one never went ahead, I 'think' it was due to a lack of 100% confirmed numbers, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The last 'official' meet I think was the one I organised in Birmingham.

If people are interested I would happily offer my assistance for organising a meet, but not solely on my own :razz:

ViVi

Pruner
I don't mind helping the organisation, so long as we can get some manner of definite answer on whether it'll happen or not.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Only if they're called Stef, and wear a funny hat.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Players need to organise it. The biggest issue has never been getting the interest, it's getting people to actually pay deposits.

You can get 30 people saying they'll go.
2 people paying a deposit on time.
The rest leaving the organise to pay and assuming they can pay on the day they actually arrive.
And then anyone that doesn't pay or doesn't turn up ends up leaving the organiser high & dry.

And as the last one was being organised officially by me, payments wise, without the deposits to book the hotel I wasn't going to book the hotel - so I cancelled it, even if people would have turned up "on the day" and finally paid.

I don't know what it is about organising Bush meets that makes people magically not want to pay a deposit no matter how many times they say "Yes I'm going" or "Yes I'll send the money tomorrow"!

Anyway, I'd love to come to another organised meet ;)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
id go as long as it wasnt to far away, i would definately go if it was in the midlands, which really lets be honest makes perfect sense anyway, its just finding the place:

Derby?
Birmingham?
Leciester? (thats prolly the furthest id go south)
i live in nottingham but i wouldnt reccomend it, its like the Bronx

Dennis

Harvester
Im still interested to go.. on the last planned one, I lacked the money to actually go :(

it was very annoying >.< and the actually week a few went to Twigs and I could go with Dem.. i was sick :p wasnt very funny :(

Steve_God

Official Helper
Derby?
Birmingham?
Leciester? (thats prolly the furthest id go south)
i live in nottingham but i wouldnt reccomend it, its like the Bronx
Birmingham is actually further South than Leicester is, but anyway... :p

I would like to suggest we have a vote post, with the option of selecting more than one option, with a question along the lines of:
"I would put down a £30 deposit today, if the Bush Meet was to be held in:
- The South West (Cornwall, Devon, etc...)
- The South East (London and surrounding areas)
- East Anglia (Norfolk, etc...)
- Wales (Where the sheep live...)
- The West Midlands (Birmingham, etc...)
- The East Midlands (Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Lincolnshire, etc...)
- The North West (Manchester, Liverpool, Lancaster, etc...)
- The North East (Newcastle, etc...)
- Scotland (Glasgow, Edinborough, etc...)
- Anywhere

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
i vote Leicester OR Reading :D
but would probably go wherever aslong as transport is easy :)

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
Bristol/reading either :D

i might brave it and come along and meet some complete strangers and get drunk, spose its like a wednesday night for me really.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
your southerners have not to think, its not really feasible for it to be down south because northerners cant get, so midlands suits almost everyone, id probably travel 60 miles or so in each direction, maybe even more, but im not going all the way down south because some dont wnana travel more than 10 miles out of london

Garrett

Landscape Designer
your southerners have not to think, its not really feasible for it to be down south because northerners cant get, so midlands suits almost everyone, id probably travel 60 miles or so in each direction, maybe even more, but im not going all the way down south because some dont wnana travel more than 10 miles out of london

form a powerblock. don't let anyone escape further south than the midlands! send in your swat team to gather them up and ship them north!