Union 30B - Bushtarion on Strike! | R30

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
How many allies has Twigley started and then bailed? Just curious. Twigs is so fond of telling others to shut up, yet he never takes his own advice. You'd think he'd show a bit more respect to Azzer, Imho.

Guess why.

RedTube massed by 3 allies + 10 Bunker players on day 2.
For 2 weeks non stop.
Then we went to rank 3.

Top 2 allies powerblocked.
We tried to attack rank 2.
Rank 1 retalled.

1 more week of no sleep.
I quit.

Thank's HG, i forgot about that.

Ironical this is the same round you accused me of being a bad leader when my ally broke. eh ? We had the same incoming as Redtube then your NEW ally hit us ...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Oh you where a bad leader.
I lost copius amounts of sleep for mine for 3 long weeks after winning the previous round after having little sleep.
You failed in a few hours and just a few waves.

Interlude, Exitlude -> Look them up :)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
imo you join an alli you sign the contract to stay with them through thick and thin

bailing is also classed by me as a reputation killer

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Oh you where a bad leader.
I lost copius amounts of sleep for mine for 3 long weeks after winning the previous round after having little sleep.
You failed in a few hours and just a few waves.

Interlude, Exitlude -> Look them up :)

You are so full of **** ! We got hit for Weeks by them same as redtube. Weeks and weeks of nonstop incoming... and again .. you lie about the amount of incoming sent to us and how long Redemption were at us..

Last edited:

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
How many allies has Twigley started and then bailed? Just curious. Twigs is so fond of telling others to shut up, yet he never takes his own advice. You'd think he'd show a bit more respect to Azzer, Imho.

Guess why.

RedTube massed by 3 allies + 10 Bunker players on day 2.
For 2 weeks non stop.
Then we went to rank 3.

Top 2 allies powerblocked.
We tried to attack rank 2.
Rank 1 retalled.

1 more week of no sleep.
I quit.

Thank's HG, i forgot about that.

Ironical this is the same round you accused me of being a bad leader when my ally broke. eh ? We had the same incoming as Redtube then your NEW ally hit us ...

Whilst he was new, that alliance cerrtainly wasn't. It had been holding it's opwn against jizz until a 1 week before. And guess what? Alot of the members that were in redepmtion are in inimical. So it's obviously not the n00b alliance you think it is.

As for Azzer, we aren't breaking rules, and we aren't even attacking n00bs. The ally's we are attacking are supposedly made up of the elite (elite whiners if you ask me). And there have been plenty of popwerrblocks before this and i am sure there will be ones after this.

ViVi

Pruner
Clearly we are facing a concept of such base difficulty that we need to repeat it a thousand times before it sinks in. I'll help I suppose. As Jack Sparrow said, "Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket."

That people have power-blocked in past rounds does not mean that people ought to feel compelled to do so. To give a drastic example, Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews yet that does not mean we ought to feel compelled to attempt to do what he failed to do at some point in the future.

On the whole, an attitude change of some form allowed the general majority of the player base to understand that these forms were simply harming the game. As I've mentioned on IRC prior to this discussion arising on the forum, our player numbers have dropped dramatically since I started playing in r7. I think it's fair to attribute this to actions such as those we are seeing this round, whereby it is impossible to play as a middle rank alliance. It's simply not possible to contend with three alliances that are working in collaboration through the entire round unless a resistance is formed and to be fair, it's not easy thing to try and take down three entire alliances that have run away with the round at an early stage because of the tactics shown.

I play the same route every round and I've always managed to enjoy myself irrespective of how poorly or how well others around me have played, yet that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have a bearing upon the overall game. What your group is doing is, to put it bluntly, causing stagnation in a game that cannot afford any more of it.

#1) Power-blocking is used, when planned out from the start, to attempt to increase
the chances of reaching a portal position by the end of the round. Not good.

#2) No one is going to care that you succeeded this round, and you are only going to face
contempt for how it was played out if things stay as they are. You haven't displayed
any manner of skill or ability. You've just gathered sixty players and obliterated any
competition using sheer numbers. Not good.

#3) People have long memories. This round that was meant to be the launch of Age 5 is
instead going to be remembered with derision and anger. A pity, really. Not good.

#4) The community as a whole is suffering because of such a play style. Not good.

Notice the trend?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Along those lines, ViVi, perhaps the people such as Twigley who are "supporting" or carrying out such playstyles, should try to present an intelligent argument, using facts and logic, that demonstrates why their playstyle is good. Perhaps there's a hidden amazing reason for them doing what they are doing that goes beyond any of;
* Well, we want rank 1 and don't care how we get it or what we do to the game or what people think of us. (Rank-Queens)
or
* Well, others did it in the past, so we can do it now. (the Hitler comparison :p)
or
* If people don't join together and powerblock together as a resistance and take us out, it's THEIR fault we're playing like dirty rank-queens, not OURS. (refusal to take responsibility)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Show me where i said the playstyle was considered good?
FAIL.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Show me where i said the playstyle was considered good?
FAIL.

Proving my point. I said you were supporting it (by enacting it), I never said you had tried to claim it was good. I just wanted to give you one chance to prove publically that your playstyle was good/positive in any way shape or form. Not only did you not, but you just admitted it's not. Thank you. This will be something for the rest of the playerbase to see and remember for a long time to come about those 60 players.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
One TBA locked for cheating. Hysterically funny.

Edit: two, but polo beat me to it.

Last edited:

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I think this what ZigZag was trying to say in another thread.

But he was drunk and it came out wrong lol