Moving threads

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
My recruitment has been moved...to SPAM!!!!

I'm being serious...Move it back to recruitment!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As the game only supports alliances of 20 members, recruiting for an alliance of 400 would be unrealistic and mis-leading to new players that might sign up to it.

If you have genuine recruitment, then post a recruitment for your alliance (a 20 man alliance).

If a leader of another alliance, next round, wishes to join forces with you "behind the scenes", then they can do so. And if 19 other leaders decide to lead alliances and work together with you, then they can attempt it.

But that does not make it an alliance of 400 members, and thus does not mean a thread recruiting 400 members is appropriate, or realistic - and as I stated above, is potentially misleading to new players.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
There is no rule against working together. You said so yourself!

This is wrong, i should be able to recruit what i want! Why should it not be allowed?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is no rule against working together. You said so yourself!
This is wrong, i should be able to recruit what i want! Why should it not be allowed?

The recruitment forums are for recruiting for an alliance. If you have an alliance you wish to recruit for, you may make a thread for your alliance, an alliance being a maximum of 20 members (thus you could recruit for 19 other people).

If you wish to discuss politics or diplomacy publicaly (eg you wish to plan for a powerblock between 20 alliances, and are unable to plan it privately with 19 other leaders), you may do so in the "politics" sub-forum, where the politics and plans of alliances may be discussed openly.

And in either case, the current round is 30, and less than two weeks in to the round. You should wait until closer to the end of this round/the start of next round, before starting to discuss politics and diplomacy of a round that does not exist yet.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Ok then i will make 20 threads - 1 per alliance? I dont know all the leaders yet, so ill do like 16 on my own.

And i need to do it this early 400 people is alot. I'm doing nothing wrong, it doesnt say in rules, u must recruit for your 1 alliance only.

Unjust comes to mind.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok then i will make 20 threads - 1 per alliance? I dont know all the leaders yet, so ill do like 16 on my own.
And i need to do it this early 400 people is alot. I'm doing nothing wrong, it doesnt say in rules, u must recruit for your 1 alliance only.
Unjust comes to mind.

You may create a thread recruiting for your own personal alliance.

If 19 other leader are willing to genuinely lead an alliance, they may create recruitment threads of their own, to recruit for their own alliances.

You will do so for the current round, or you will wait until nearer to Round 31 - I consider two weeks before the end of a round to be a "fair time" to start publically recruiting for the next round. If you wish to suggest a new forum be made where you can always recruit for the next round months in advance, then please direct your suggestion to the suggestions forum.

If after creation and recruitment, the 20 alliances in question choose to work together, that is their choice - they may plan this privately, or utilise the "Politics" area of the forums to better co-ordinate their plans if they wish those plans to be public.

I will not allow you to make 20 recruitment threads yourself (because you will not be leading 20 alliances, you will be leading 1 at most), especially less than two weeks in to a current round. You may sulk about it, you may gripe about it, but I will not allow you to ruin valuable forum areas for your own personal vendettas/protests against powerblocks, or for any other agenda, genuine or otherwise.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
You may create a thread recruiting for your own personal alliance.

If 19 other players are willing to genuinely lead an alliance, they may create recruitment threads of their own, to recruit for their own alliances.

If after creation and recruitment, the 20 alliances in question choose to work together, that is their choice - they may plan this privately, or utilise the "Politics" area of the forums to better co-ordinate their plans if they wish those plans to be public.

I will not allow you to make 20 recruitment threads, especially less than two weeks in to a current round. You may sulk about it, you may gripe about it, but I will not allow you to ruin valuable forum areas for your own personal vendettas/protests against powerblocks, or for any other agenda.

Azzer is a kill joy.

On a serious note, Azzer is completely right. It would ruin the forums, and become terribly confusing.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Wasn't 'The Bushtarion Army' recruitment post for more than one alliance in one thread? Technically shouldn't that have been moved to spam also then?

Consistency is something for which we should always strive; especially in application of the rules.

*shrugs*

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
ill wait till u log off and post 20 threads by me :D

the harm is allowing my one thread...harmless! but hey

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ill wait till u log off and post 20 threads by me :D
the harm is allowing my one thread...harmless! but hey

And you think this will succeed in netting you both the recruitment you desire, and a lack of repurcussions on the forums? Willingness to do this after being explicitly told your possible solutions/alternatives by myself implies that this whole thing is a farce, designed to either "Play with the rules", or make some sort of public protest about something-or-other (wings/powerblocks/the current round alliances?), rather than a genuine attempt at recruiting. I now consider the coffin lid firmly hammered down on this matter.

Wasn't 'The Bushtarion Army' recruitment post for more than one alliance in one thread? Technically shouldn't that have been moved to spam also then? Also surely the Virus recruitment for multiple wings was also one that should have been moved to spam in accordance with these rules.

I see no such thread... was it moved, or was this on the old forums, which had different forum rules and did not have a cool funky modern recruitment section of the forums? Secondly, I've strong reason to believe IoF's scheme is all a protest and nothing genuine, just his way of making some sort of public complaint/protest/stirring trouble - as opposed to any genuine interest in trying to co-ordinate with 19 other alliances in round 31.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Azzer its like u dont believe i could find 400 players!!

To be frank and honest, I would rather you didn't make my life as an admin harder just for your own personal desire to protest against powerblocks, to be honest. There are other ways to achieve it that don't involve taking up my time and threatening to spam valuable forum areas or upset me, especially to continue trying to argue a point that has already been killed :-(

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Ah yes, i neglected to remember we deleted everything when we switched forums and that we got a whole new set of rules.

By the way, are those old forums archived anywhere or were they just axed? :/

Souls

Official Helper
Ah yes, i neglected to remember we deleted everything when we switched forums and that we got a whole new set of rules.

By the way, are those old forums archived anywhere or were they just axed? :/

Permanently deleted :(

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They were only ever there as a temporary archive for a max of 1 year incase people needed/wanted to retrieve anything from them. They lasted a bit longer than 18 months, instead, before vanishing!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That's all well and good but as far as i'm concerned it was still a poor decision. Alas it was evidently not mine to make, otherwise we'd have archives. Anywho, this thread can *probably* be deleted as wildly useless.