Age 5 Start Date

• I am happy with the Age 5 CURRENT start date of Feb 13th

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • I want the Age 5 start date EXTENDED to Feb 20th

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I'm currently in two minds about the beginning of the round. As I sit here on the train typing on my phone, I realise that despite going out on valentines day for the whole day I will still be able to play (though my gf isn't too happy with the idea). However for others it completely messes things up. Because the first 48 hours generally decide rankings for the whole round more or less. But I still think its been too long and that we should start!

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Sorry thats bs...Flak wars mean nothing in the final ranks! NOTHING at all!

Missing the first evening is not the end of the world, i'm pretty sure i wont be around for the start because of valentines, but you know what? I still think the round should go ahead sooner.

Think some people are being bit selfish here, the round should just start, its been too long!! Way to long and the idea of delayin AGAIN! Ridiculous!

Do not delay Azzer

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sorry thats bs...Flak wars mean nothing in the final ranks! NOTHING at all!

I'm sorry IoF but I have to disagree with you here. The whole point of flak wars is to get ahead land-wise. If 30-40% of an alliance misses out of 48 hours of the beginning of the round, they are put at a severe disadvantage.

That importance of the opening 48 hours of the game can be debated til the cows come home, but it is generally accepted that as an alliance it is a big blow if 6/7 perhaps even 8 players aren't logged in for the opening 48 hours.

Sure, if you're talking about the individual - it doesn't matter if you begin a week late, but an alliance going FTW, or at least a top 5 position in the rankings, will have their chances hit quite badly by 30-40% of their alliance not showing for potentially 48 hours (maybe more?) of the opening weekend.

Now I'm not saying that that is going to be the case, it may well be that this poll determines the number of people involved is small compared to those who are free, but we need to work that out.

[edit by DA]

I am happy with the Age 5 CURRENT start date of Feb 13th 23 65.71%
I want the Age 5 start date EXTENDED to Feb 20th 12 34.29%

Whats with the percentage calculations? Fairly sure this isn't the correct percentage :S (Should be 40.2% voting extend)?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I have to disagree, as twice I started playing halfway through the round and finished in top50 both times, and as I recall last round someone(Recon I think) restarted and still managed to finish top10.. so beginning is overrated ;p

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I've been thinking this over, and I find that I agree with Cheese. Sure one evening doesn't mean that much, but this has been delayed for quite a while now, and all the time we've been delaying it for a better date. If this affects 35 % (as of now) of the people playing, wouldn't that be reason enough to extend it?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I have to disagree, as twice I started playing halfway through the round and finished in top50 both times, and as I recall last round someone(Recon I think) restarted and still managed to finish top10.. so beginning is overrated ;p

Dark_Angel said:
Sure, if you're talking about the individual - it doesn't matter if you begin a week late, but an alliance going FTW, or at least a top 5 position in the rankings, will have their chances hit quite badly by 30-40% of their alliance not showing for potentially 48 hours (maybe more?) of the opening weekend.

Please read before replying.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I've been thinking this over, and I find that I agree with Cheese. Sure one evening doesn't mean that much, but this has been delayed for quite a while now, and all the time we've been delaying it for a better date. If this affects 35 % (as of now) of the people playing, wouldn't that be reason enough to extend it?

Yeah, even if it was 20% voting the extend the start that is more than likely 20% of the active playerbase (that regularly check and contribute to the forums)...first of all the active playerbase are the ones that make the game what it is (community wise and game wise) and also are more likely the ones that regularly purchase bush creds for game cash/punits/IDs etc etc. If even 1/5 of the game would prefer it a week (not a very long amount of time) then i think its well worth it.

Note: Just to say again that i can do both dates, im just trying to be objective instead of impatient

Changer

Head Gardener
Over 40% of the forum using player base now.

Not that I think it will make a difference.