End of Round Awards - Discussion

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Re: End of the round awards!!

TaO said:
Alliance of the round
ExitLude, comingback after a beating. shame the recruited like 15 new people to achieve it.

2 new people.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Twigley said:
TaO said:
Alliance of the round
ExitLude, comingback after a beating. shame the recruited like 15 new people to achieve it.

2 new people.

how can it be 2 new people if there already 3 people from JTC came over to Exit?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

It is now 3 ;)
We are full.
Most allies make alot of changes ...

Alot of us restarted!

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Twigley said:
Most allies make alot of changes ...

so thats where i've been going wrong.... 2 changes all round... damnit!

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Best players of the round
Those who even try to nominate someone else but their own alliance and those whom dont complain of others nominations.

-Thank you

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

BlackWolf said:
Best players of the round
Those who even try to nominate someone else but their own alliance

Seconded.

Davis

Tree Surgeon

Best Player of the Round:
BlackWolf

yay now i'm the best player of the round too!!!

dafe

Harvester

Alcibiades said:
Early for the awards but since everyone else and their goat is posting, Desperados figured we should as well. BlackWolf: while I admire your sentiment for awarding other people awards, not just your own ally; it's hard since you rarely hear about other people's accomplishments. If i knew anything about the other players I would name them; but since i can't, the selection of 19 players from Desp will have to do.

I'd like to preface this by saying that if i could award all my members for being awesome, I would. They rocked the house this round, took all sorts of ****, got labelled all sorts of dirty names, and we still had a blast and are walking out of this round with our heads held high. We played this round to have fun, and despite a few days where our definition of fun had to change we still had a good time. I also feel it necessary to clear up a few inconsistencies: At no point was I the Desp leader, ever. That rather dubious honour remained Dill's.

Amongst the best moments of the round, we had many, was finding out we had both RichardM and MattM in our alliance. The Indomitable Duo of Deathly Dudeness. Always a pleasure, gentlemen.

Alliance of the round: Exitlude. Had a dominating start, raped with a ridiculous route setup. Staved off resistance for quite some time with a ridiculous route setup, and then rebounded and are now in second place.

Best Offensive Alliance: Exitlude. The Two man leading 6 tick waves were just awful. One of the most annoying things i've ever had to defend against. Kudos.

Best Defensive Alliance: Barcodes. You guys defended against us with annoying accuracy and in the latergame became a harder nut to crack. Seriously, good effort :)

Honourable Mention Alliance: Barcodes. You guys stuck through thick and thin and got an unbelievable amount of incoming, managed to hold it together and seemingly kept your spirits up for most of the round. My congratulations, lesser players would've collapsed.

Worst Alliance: BG/BYOB for standing by and letting Khaos rape us for 4-5 days when that was the golden opportunity to strike on Khaos and run them into the ground. Shame on you.

Best Leader: Dill, as he was completely unseen, hidden from view, and no one has a clue he was leading. Also because you didn't play the game the way everyone else wanted it to be played. Gratz my friend.

Worst Leader: Dill, as he was completely unseen, hidden from view, and no one had a clue he was leading. Also because you didn't play the game the way everyone else wanted it to be played. Shame on you Dill!

Player of the Round - Allied: Dinget for long nightwatch hours: I don't know what i'd do without you. KJJJN for being there with your POMs during nightwatch when i needed them. Tiff/Illumination you were always willing to be woken up despite having kids and a job. I'll play with you anytime. All of you are rockstars, every one of the Desp players deserves a mention but you three stood out.

Player of the Round - Solo: Son for his amusing IRC antics and his rather excessively bloodthirsty nature. If you were actually solo, good stuff :)

Best Offensive Player: Wacky: for all the grief you caused me by bringing down loads of incoming on our heads, you killed a whole bunch of people, and pissed off a bunch more.

Best Defensive Player: KJJJN for his 100 mill+ POMs. Uber defence. and a variety of the Barcodes players: I spent the good first half of the round repeatedly rushing you guys, and got stuffed on a number of atacks. Kudos, I'm afraid I don't know your names but it was the thugs/Vamp (stass?) players. Congratulations.

Honourable Mention Player: Dakiv/Hato. I'd never played with you guys to my knowledge and you blew me away. Exceedingly well done; i'd be happy to play with you gentlemen anytime.

Worst Player: Ogluk for ratting us out to Khaos and then watching as we slowly died. Pathetic.

Best Moment of Round: Not dying when the entirety of Khaos spent 5 days trying and in some places succeeding in killing us. Launching numerous ally attacks and having a general asskickingly good time. Killing Dill on defence whenever possible. Finding out that it was april fools day ingame when we sent our mobs of 69/1337 on the real/fake targets on the resistance attack we were forced into. :)

Worst Moment of Round: When I joined up expecting to be a regular member and found out I was the MO. My stress levels went through the roof. When the 'resistance', predictably, turned on us because we refused to play their game and wouldn't join in the resistance. That is the single biggest gripe i have about resistances: they can't handle rejection. The irony when they later let Khaos walk all over us was not lost on the Desperados team.

Best Suicide-Defence: Me being the MO all round (insanity!!) and miscalculating one rather nasty wave and killing off half our alliance in one tick. Bravo.

Best Suicide-Offence: Wacky, hato, PI all of the above. We had plenty of BRs where we should've recalled but didn't. Scorequeens suck, being dead ftw.

2nded :)

Dill

Pruner

omg, ALCI U NOOB!!!! you werent supposed to tell any1 i was the leader, my evil plot and scheme has all gone to pot now:(

on a more serious note, my most enjoyable round ever, and i have all my wonderful members to thank for it.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Just to add I my opinion that the round has been excellent, and kudos to the Barcodes for some fun battles :)

Agree with everything you say Alci!

AzLev

Digger

I'd just like to say that it was an interesting round to say the least.

Thank you everyone and i'd like to say.....

Everyone is a winner.

For everyone who is posting about worst leader, think on what chaos means.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I agree with Alci.. just one more thing... the so-called resistance missed their golden opportunity, by not hitting Khaos right after Lude was hosed. Unfortunately we could do no more than trade blows with them on equal footing, while BYOB & Co was sitting contemplating their navels. Which just proves just why The Rockstars of Desperado is lukewarm to "resistance"-work. When it is run by clueless or overworked people, it won't work, and timing is everything.
Last but least, it must never slow down. once one ally is toppled, the resistance must INSTANTLY turn on the new number 1!

So the notion that Desperados don't want to fight in a resistance is moot, we just don't wanna fight in a poorly lead or ineffective one, when we know how it should be done. :D

Oh and a special award of my own goes to all ally commanders who recruited former soloplayers and showed them the ropes of allianceplay, and all solo players who jumped into the breech and tried their luck at alliance play! Kudos to you all.

And I would also like to note that I think this round have been more open and entertaining, by having tons of allies, and thus tons of inter-ally warfare, and NO USELESS SOLOS!!! :p It just goes to prove how much better the game is when the top 300 are ALLIED not SOLO! :x-mas:

-e-

f0xx

Landscape Designer

A DiscWorld member I guess, I don't mind :)
I will post my comments when the round is actually close to its ending.

Forwyn

Pruner

Yep, 6 days is plenty of time to save seeds!

... :p

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Player of the Round:

Private Sent by: [a rpgguy in barrcodes] Wed 03rd Dec, 2008. 14:11:38 GMT Reply Forward
Subject: re:
Hehe :D well now more noobs inrange :)
-----
auwtjs :D
i havent bought anything for a while now... trying to stay out of reach of those big bad poms at rank 1 and 2 :D
-----
hehe Btw i bought up to 17mil RPg i got 0 Left :D
-----
yeah i couldnt believe you guys stayed :/

mucho brave
-----
nice kills ! u Pwnd al my troops There LMAO

if everyone was like this the game would be perfect.
/me salutes

Most annoying player of next round:
Probbebly Cyrus for bragging about his leetness ^^'

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Cheese said:
My votes are as follows:

Worst Player: Polo, he wouldn't suck my oh sorry that's not a reason so I say cyrus because nobody seems to like him.

name afew normal, down to earth people that dont like me? i bet you cant :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Cyrus said:
Cheese said:
My votes are as follows:

Worst Player: Polo, he wouldn't suck my oh sorry that's not a reason so I say cyrus because nobody seems to like him.

name afew normal, down to earth people that dont like me? i bet you cant :)

I could name plenty, but you would just go into denial mode and claim that they aren't down-to-earth anyway, so I won't bother.

saint1d

Head Gardener

IceOfFire said:
Best Defensive Player
Masa, ALWAYS on when needed!

As always, a true asset to any alliance.