sirens-stunning

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
DarkSider said:
The ratio can be real but in my book that's a fake ratio of the unit. :)
He got so high because sirens while stunning leave the stunned units on 1 health. So any lethal fireing on the stunned units will get insane ratios. Saw ninja's getting absolutelly crazy kills in havoc working in combo with billions of sirens. Same riot police can be a real pain in the ass for tractor inc :)

can some one show a br of this please? i cant wait the 7/6 remaining days.
to test

Elderveld

Official Helper
Re: sirens-stunning

I have no proof (anymore). But when i played on in a PW, I tractor flakked a bunker guy whit like 75 mil tractors. Police/riots (w/e) came and stunned my units on range, and the bunkers/sentury's got like 1:10 ratio on them tractors (I am SO NOT kidding!), even ninja got 1:2 on pure tractors!

I told a fwew people, but they would not belive me. :|

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

[17:21] <@Azzer> Rooney - Sirens shouldn't be stripping too, from memory. They should stun, and then restore the armour/health damage they did, I think, from memory.
[17:21] * @Azzer checks the code.

[17:23] <@Azzer> Aha
[17:23] <@Azzer> They don't restore the health
[17:23] <@Azzer> Only the armour
[17:26] <@Azzer> Restore damage they do
[17:27] <@Azzer> So they won't magically put something back to full armour if it's already been stripped

No-Dachi

Official Helper

So, with the enemy left with lots of armor, but zero health.. if you team up sirens with assassins it could get pretty nasty?

Anyway, why is this the case? Why does it not restore the HD it deals?

Chezz

Harvester

Elderveld said:
I have no proof (anymore). But when i played on in a PW, I tractor flakked a bunker guy whit like 75 mil tractors. Police/riots (w/e) came and stunned my units on range, and the bunkers/sentury's got like 1:10 ratio on them tractors (I am SO NOT kidding!), even ninja got 1:2 on pure tractors!

I told a fwew people, but they would not belive me. :|

But if the riot police also restore the armor after attacking, then there shouldn't be insane ratios in this case............

Unless I'm mistaken in assuming that riot police are similar in behavior to sirens? That they do not restore the armor after attacking? That they make AR even more imba? ( Well.....sortof... :D :D )

timtadams

Landscape Designer

yeah, i was thinking the same thing earlier, it doesnt make sense. After those tractors have been stunned they get their armour back and are still have that 5 star armour to protect themselves from bunkers

but are the tractors left on less health than they initially had? Maybe the bunkers restripped the armour, and since your tractors had even less health, the turrets and ninjas where able to get the insane ratios? Just thinking out loud ;)

rooney

Head Gardener

No-Dachi said:
So, with the enemy left with lots of armor, but zero health.. if you team up sirens with assassins it could get pretty nasty?

Anyway, why is this the case? Why does it not restore the HD it deals?

azzer was asked this as well, and apparently it isnt intentional, but 'its not necessarily a bad thing either is it?' so its staying i guess

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I like it how little 'accidents' can happen like this. It makes things a little more unpredictable, which i like. I like surprises :D

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

actually for those asking about antirape units, they do strip the armour and health and restore nothing i believed(i may be wrong). it was said in irc but i didnt paste it as my topic was specific to sirens. so yes if you get your units stunned by ar they could well get mashed by the defence even easier than you think.

Also the sirens restore the armour damage they do. hence if u mass rpgs and sirens in havoc then get some hypnos too you probably did very well. as the rpgs stripped all the units. sirens stopped them firing and took off the health and briber mopped up bribing everything in sight
in addition to this it just gave the route a whole new angle for allie play. some one with masses of sirens could actually be very useful as it could allow an incoming to be stripped(rpgs)
then stunned( sirens)
then bribed with incredible ease(hypno/recruit/puppet) and the attacker would get almost no injuries.
very very nasty way to zero some one stopping that eztra 35% injury they would normally recieve. and you briber gets a ton of free units easily with no losses.