Fallout 3 is out!

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: Fallout 3 is out! (in america)....

The damn freaking game drove me nuts ! :mad:
So i start with it, i'm fascinated by the cool start with birth and growing .. wow so cool i say. Then some ******* tryed to take my sweet at 10 yo, at 16 yo i beat the **** out of him. Wow that felt good .. i really begin to like the game. The **** hits the fan and i have to run for my life .. ok. I run around in circles looking on the local map and trying to figure out how to reach the damn overseeker room, start sweating and cursing while i try to be polite and helpfull even with butch's mother. As i'm about to start crying i find the damn room and i need to insert a password where it writes "very easy" to hack. I have no ideea what i'm doing and waste 3 tryes. I go on internet and find out what hacking computers it's all about. Sweat, tired, red angry by the "very easy" **** that made me loose 20 minutes asking for the password and searching on google i finally manage to break the damn thing. I go outside and i try to get calm again and enjoy the rest of the game. I go in first town, try to be nice and polite with everybody, not stealing anything as it might affect my future relations and i end up in a room at upper level of some building. I start looking around, jump on a bed and .. i get stucked. The bed is bugged !!!
FFS i so had enough of this game until they patch the damn thing. It wasn't fun and i'm so mad i wasted my time with this :mad: I never really liked this kind of games anyway, probably because my memory ain't great and i forget on which doors i entered before and i go so much in circles until it's not fun anymore. I want a damn game with not so many hidden rooms and corridors going in another corridor in another level upstairs downstairs .. i just want to shoot some bad guys that's all :mad:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

DarkSider said:
The damn freaking game drove me nuts ! :mad:[...] FFS i so had enough of this game until they patch the damn thing. It wasn't fun and i'm so mad i wasted my time with this :mad: I never really liked this kind of games anyway, probably because my memory ain't great and i forget on which doors i entered before and i go so much in circles until it's not fun anymore. I want a damn game with not so many hidden rooms and corridors going in another corridor in another level upstairs downstairs .. i just want to shoot some bad guys that's all :mad:

What you want is a FPS; not an RPG. You just plain and simple bought the wrong game. :(

f0xx

Landscape Designer

From what I've seen from my mate playing it, the game looks quite like a shooter, dunno why everyone says it is an RPG...

Or is it an RPG that looks like a shooter? If so, fail?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
From what I've seen from my mate playing it, the game looks quite like a shooter, dunno why everyone says it is an RPG...

Or is it an RPG that looks like a shooter? If so, fail?

It's an RPG with guns. Like, it's an RPG base, with a variety of melee/range weapons. Instead of having bows/arrows and swords you just have guns and close contact weapons, be they swords, nighsticks, baseball bat, wrench etc. It's not a shooter; and if you think it will be a shooter you will be sadly upset and angry, much like DarkSider ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Fallout 3 is out!

lol, i like the way you have to explore for yourself to find stuff out...is that not the purpose of an RPG?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

The purpose of a Role Play Game (RPG) is to develop your character in a way you want and doesn't necesserely have to include you running around trying to realise where the hell are you 90% of the time :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

BlackWolf said:
Let it be RPG or not, I think theres way too much running around and way too little directions given.

That's how Bethesda games work. Like Morrowind, and Elder Scrolls games...

TehPantz

Head Gardener

yay I finally found dogmeat! i have restarted and am trying out a ninja/melee character. lots of sneak, lots of melee :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Spoiler warning!!

Ok I finished it today... and I'm so angry and pissed and smegging raving mad!
Bethesda you wont ever get my moneys again! I will dl your games if I must but not ever again I am gonna pay to you from such BS like that!
I loved your game, with al its bugs and faults... but you just showd me how much it was worth of me running around the world and doing all kind of quests by not even mentioning any of those and their affects to peoples lives at the end.

Yes I am mad alone of that I died and my supermutant friend who doesnt give a crap of radiation told me to smeg off... But that is nothing in comparison to that how theres millions of cool places and people and no matter what you do end is still the same. BS! biggest horse crap ever!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

havnt played it for about a week, just carried on playing and im really getting into it now...ive finally learned the wonders of sneaking!!!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

BlackWolf said:
[snip spoiler]

It was bad wasn't it? It's probably the most complained about thing on their forums. Can't believe they did it like that. Hopefully modders will fix it and add more content once the SDK comes out, like with Oblivion. The ending needs changing majorly.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Bought the game 2 hours ago.
Stopped playing it 5 mins ago.

It's crap ...

Combat system sucks.
Graphics in combat system is shocking.
Very boring at the start ... and when you do find enemies about 10 of them come at once and pwn you with their big guns ...

Off to trade it in now.

So just wasted some money on it :/

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I think VATS is only thing that kept me playing.
Normal shooting was next to impossible. I couldnt hit a wall inside a barn, no matter what I did. With VATS I hit where I wanted when I wanted.
If I would need to complain I would complain about close combat. that is insane! From beginning with shiskebab weapon and pyromaniac skill you can beat any enemy in combat without troubles even when you at same enemy waste 1 clip of bullets from assault rigfle. That is hilarious.

Also it is kind of funny how easy it is to beat super mutants with miniguns compared to some lousy scorpions etc.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

just finished it...BW are you complaining that once you do the last storyline quest you cant carry on playing to do the side quests?
Yes that is annoying, and im glad i read the fallout wiki before doing the last quest to find that out (i went round and did all the side-quests that i wanted to...and saved before hand incase i wanted to get a few more gamer point things)

BUT i understand why they had to do it that way...like the fallout wiki says:

wikilove said:
If the game did continue at this point, the resulting changes may have lead to a less-than-satisfying result. For example, if Project Purity activated successfully, all water sources connected to the Pontiac river should no longer be irradiated, resulting in free healing throughout the game, rendering stimpaks and consumables such as Dirty Water or Nuka-Cola nearly pointless. Also, if the player had introduced the modified FEV virus, everything would be dead (or dying) with the possible exception of those within Vaults. It remains to be seen which result is canon in the March 2009 "Broken Steel" downloadable epilogue.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game as a whole tho, hours and hours of entertainment with alot of different options for personalization...i played as a good character so will go back and be evil next time i play it!

I finished on level 19 with all the side quests i thought looked okay done, but with a ***** load of the map not explored...