Cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This is a gripe about cheaters.
More specifically account babysitters.

Leader of rank 2 alliance and his girlfriend.
Been admitted babysitting took place.

Alliance run by a cheater.
Not good for bushtarion.

Official Warning been given.

Cheats.

Hewo

Planter
Re: Cheaters

the problem isnt just cheaters its a lack of action on azzer's part i have talked to a guy since r10 who cheats and he has been locked every round except the last 5 rounds its like azzer just stoped locking him he told me on msn the other day he stoped using proxy's even and isnt getting locked anymore i dont know if the ip sweep is broken or if azzer just stoped worring about it because of a lack of players but cheating is one of the main things killing this game

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

1) Suppose you'll just have to take them out the old-fashioned way, eh Twig? 8)

2) What an amazingly awesome run-on sentence Hewo.

3) I'm not the most observant person when it comes to stuff in this game, but this is the first round where I've really noticed multis, and on more than one occassion. Seven IDs with similar names that all recall within 10 seconds of each other? Yeah, those aren't different people. They have been locked (GJ Azzer), but clearly this sort of thing is becoming more prevalent.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

TheNamelessWonder said:
1) Suppose you'll just have to take them out the old-fashioned way, eh Twig? 8)

Oh defo.
Now that not only 3/4 of us have them in range will be easy :p

Just Cheaters annoy me alot.
Been playing along time to have game riddled with them when Azzer is going to be putting big money into re-generation.
Dont want cheaters around.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i agree cheater ruin the game, this kind of cheating really azzer has no control. only thing he can do is allow 1 person per household, which is also ludicris.
coz the ye old excuse of "i woke him up to log in etc"

dead end issue really.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

This is probably the least annoying form of cheating i find so far. Because you can kill people who babysit, it just requires more time/effort. Cheating is cheating is cheating and everyone should be punished for it. Then again as a bit of fair warning, those who throw stones should most certainly not live in glass houses ;)

Souls

Official Helper

Alcibiades said:
Then again as a bit of fair warning, those who throw stones shouldn't most certainly not live in glass houses ;)

My policy is, no stone throwing regardless of housing situation. Unless you're trapped in a glass house, and you have a stone, then you most certainly should throw it. ;) :p

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Just curious Twigley...What evidence do you actually have?

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Cyrus said:
we all know why garret can be so active ;) *peers at HG* :p

and Hi to you too mr. troll - of course i'm going to respond...

i love watching you talk out of your ass. i've always been the more active of the 2. if anything the loose accusation should be the other way around. i'm sure azzer has and will always watch my loggings on closely. get rid of the thorn that always gets stuck in the paw. All accusations can be directed to the brick wall located conveniently behind you.

or when i used to do phones years ago, if anyone wanted to escalate... 'yes you can talk to my supervisor' 'his name? oh it's mr. tone. first name is dial' *click*

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i was joking garret, does it really mean that much to you?

and like Alci said, twigley, watch those stones, they might come break your own roof ;) coz your no mr angel in this field.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

i thought the sight of you talking out of our ass was funny. i poked at myself even in my post so, yes i know you are joking - but I did want to be on record with a semi serious post lest everyone thinks this be the case. especially since we don't always play in the same ally. (just recently we seem to be together and that bothers me. i come to the internet to escape.......... :( )

Terrakan

Harvester

Twigley said:
This is a gripe about cheaters.
More specifically account babysitters.

Leader of rank 2 alliance and his girlfriend.
Been admitted babysitting took place.

Alliance run by a cheater.
Not good for bushtarion.

Official Warning been given.

Cheats.

says the guy who last round when txt to get online and couldnt said dematto can do it for me

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

and whom logged on more than that himself so people could defend incs, infact if you probably watched his and his alliance accounts, 75% would be locked. =)

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Azzer has dealt with this issue, and it's not one for public discussion.
Matters of dicipline and cheating are between Azzer and the owners of the accounts.
I'm locking this thread now before it turns into anymore of a flamefest than it already has.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

This is what I said about it on IRC;

[00:16:45] <@Azzer> No, well I did get a message left from somebody asking me why I don't lock accounts on the basis of an IRC log relating to events over a round ago.
[00:16:59] <@Azzer> So I figure it's related to that.
[00:17:08] <@Azzer> Though the individual that asked me it broke the 30 minute rule once.
[00:17:14] <@Azzer> So I wonder how strict he really wants me to be with rules.
[00:17:40] <@Azzer> I like to be a human admin rather than an evil robot. I expect a lot of those that are waving flaming torches and pitchforks have broke rules once or twice themselves in the past rounds.
[00:18:23] * WildDisease has broken the cookie rule one too many times >:)
[00:18:34] <@Azzer> WD - indeed! I only like to lock the ***** that ruin the game.
[00:18:40] <@Azzer> I know I used to be a lot harsher in the past
[00:19:01] <@Azzer> But I don't like to be as harsh these days tbh, unless it's blatant "one person many accounts", or they're abusing something outrageously, or it's lots of times etc.
[00:19:33] <@Azzer> I think a GF and a BF who logged on to eachothers accounts once or twice in past rounds, and received a serious warning from me last night that upset her enough in to wanting to quit Bushtarion...
[00:19:39] <@Azzer> Well I think I gave suitable punishment for the crime.
[00:19:57] <@Azzer> How many RL friends or couples here have once or twice logged on to eachothers/looked at eachothers pages while the other was present and clicked some links?
[00:20:03] <@Azzer> I know a lot, i've seen it myself at Bush meets.
[00:20:13] <@Azzer> Those people aren't damaging the game.
[00:20:15] * @Azzer shrugs.

The user hasn't done anything this round (which seems to be the main complaint of the OP - references of this round), they've claimed they have done something last round, I know they really are two individuals as opposed to a multi, they've received mroe than harsh warnings and one of them is likely to quit the game because of my warnings I gave them.

"Punishment fits the crime" springs to mind.

I think comparing this to say, an instance of a single individual, this round, running 4 different accounts and constantly going on joint attacks together receiving account locks, is fairly dis-proportionate. I judge every single case individually and decide on appropriate punishments depending on the circumstances, how long ago it was, and whether or not there's any server logs (and what logs there are) to cover the situation.

Those of you that actually want me to witch hunt everyone that sneezes at the game rules, I suggest you take a look at your IP logs, cookie logs, any abusive mails you've ever sent, any dodgy names, etc. etc. and ask yourself "Do I deserve to be locked for this?".

I'm sorry if some individuals would prefer me to be more nazi like/fascist, but I know most individuals appreciate the human element.

If people still have issue with this, I suggest you message me about it and give me your opinions. I'll take all opinions and suggestions on board for future consideration - if the playerbase by and large wants me to admin in a certain way, I guess I can do that... but like I say, think about yourself being in similar situations that might be considered rule breaches before doing so - to the OP I will say the two words "Bush Meets" and he'll know all about rule breakers from first-hand experience.... want a lock? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.