How is your bodyclock?

Max

Garden Designer
Re: How is your bodyclock?

Well, I have to work for my degree at university so I generally wake up at 7am and go to sleep at 11pm. If there is a lab report to write, it normally takes longer, say to 1am. But 6 to 8 hours sleep is generally enough to get me through the day :) At weekends I can sometimes indulge in 10 hours :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

my body clock is now completely buggered lol......now im back to working full time doing shifts (i normally do 10:30-3 and then 6-12...it means ive started to feel my only completely free time is in the night so i cant waste it...lol

so now im sleeping from about 3:30-4am til 10am...but its getting late, the other night i didnt end up going to bed until 5am on just a normal night...wasnt even drinking...

i dont know if its necessarily a bad thing but meh...

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Since originally posting my body clock has flipped to the almost opposite, in around a period of a month. I now sleep from around 9-10 PM, until about 6 AM. It really does change pretty fast, I'm not sure what kind of scale my bodyclock runs at these days :p

Younge

Planter

Steve_God said:
Mine is forced due to work commitments...

I could quite easily stay up an extra 2 hours a night without it affecting me, and sleep a normal full nights sleep, and do that again and again, until my cycle started going around the clock.

I do this to an extent at the weekend when I don't have to get anything planned for the following day, although I do then find Sunday to be a short day. lol.

Mine pretty much the same. I can't sleep that welll on weekends as i keep waking up expecting to go to work... but if i have gone out drinking that night i normally sleep like a baby for hours on end.

nopjes

Head Gardener

my week is like 12pm to 7 am i sleep, then on friday i stay up till about 5, then wake at 11, then go to bed saturday´s about 5 am too, and then sunday i wake up shortly after noon and go to bed at 8 or 9 usually, and if i have a day of, i ususally easily sleep till about 6 pm.

Charlie_B

Harvester

I think that for a lot of people, it's not really a question of having a 'strange bodyclock', but more the fact that you simply don't do enough work during a day to tire yourself out.

Polo said:
But I always liked staying up late so I'd sleep from 4am-8am and then 4pm-7pm when I got home from school

Did you never think that by missing out on the nap you'd be able to go to sleep at a normal time at night? :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Ogluk said:
awake from 7am till 2am most days....

extraordinarily unhealthy, having to force myself out of bed at 7 cos i have lectures to get to, otherwise i'd happily sleep till midday every day :)

-Ogluk sets timezone to GMT -2

shifted to 9-3/4 now.... :s

so im basically living as an american who has to get up stupidly early......

god damn i need more sleeep :(

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

completely blew my bodyclock the other day. I was even starting to get it a bit sorted out; but then i slept all day from 10 AM to about 11 PM, stayed up all night and it's been like that 4 days now. So i need get a huge caffeine rush to tide me over for the usual sleep time and then get things back to normal. Chances of success? Limited.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

each night im now awake probably 15 minutes later, last night i didnt even start to feel properly tired until 4am...its getting annoying as there isnt a limit to how late i stay up but i HAVE to get up for work no later than 10am really...10:30 is then a mad dash to get ready...

im hoping when i get a night off next i can try and go to bed about 9pm and reset it to an earlier time...either that or pull an all nighter the night before...