People not playing because they can't be solo

Shyslywolf

Weeder
Re: People not playing because they can't be solo

ya know this right here is why people want to go solo... i am in a sucky ally with about a billion score... for the third time today i have inc of at least 4 people waiving me; each with at least 2x my score... and you wonder why we don't want to be part of an ally. if you are at the top it is fun, but if your ally sucks then you are pretty much at the mercy of the bigger allys.

36,337,495 staff incoming from XXXXXXXX[####] eta 2. Attacking.
22,100,000 staff incoming from XXXXXXXX[####] eta 1. Attacking.
60,143,295 staff here from XXXXXXX[####]. Attacking for 1 tick.
62,358,760 staff here from XXXXXXX[####]. Attacking for 2 ticks.
Total: 180,939,550 incoming hostile.

any one of these guys could have easily zero'ed me on their own... this is why people go freaking solo.

Just for the record I HATE ALLIANCES

Ven0m

Planter

To be fair it is a war game so waves and bashing is going to happen like it or not. Also those attackers are just being coordinated and attacking cleverly maybe your alliance should take a note from their book? ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Funny how there's no mention of solos waving alliances in that gripe either... God maybe i'm dreaming whenever i see solos piggying allied waves/attacks.

I don't really want to open the 'solos are crap' can of worms again but if you're going to gripe at least face both sides of the coin honestly.

Solos are as guilty as allied players for playing in an irritating manner. Be thankful you're getting AR back next round ;)

Illumination

Head Gardener

I enjoy no AR - Lets take away injury next time too:D

rooney

Head Gardener

allied play will always be better than solo. because no matter what there is always one person around who will be bothered to put in the effort and calculate what to send to kill you. at least in an alliance you will get defence, and u can be woken up if the incoming is too much. solo ftl. allied play ftw. i have played in more than my fair share of crap allys and its still more fun that solo, because your part of a community. would u rather sit in a room with friends or on your own? friends make even the most boring situations better, and i know i will never play solo again. SOLO FTL!

/mini rant

Jimbo2189

Pruner

got a quote here from my alliance pollitics which sums up my on feeling this debate perfectly:

"and even if this is a mini round, people wonder why there are so many solo players. Big alliances keep attacking small alliances, small alliances break apart after being hammered over and over again by the same people, and then become solo themselves. and then big alliances whine on solos. pft "

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Jimbo2189 said:
got a quote here from my alliance pollitics which sums up my on feeling this debate perfectly:

"and even if this is a mini round, people wonder why there are so many solo players. Big alliances keep attacking small alliances, small alliances break apart after being hammered over and over again by the same people, and then become solo themselves. and then big alliances whine on solos. pft "

So having no AR is perfect, they can't disband. All they can do is learn :D

Jimbo2189

Pruner

lol, you mean they learn what being massed over and over by alliances over 5 ranks above them twice a day for weeks on end, meaning you cant grow at all!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Jimbo2189 said:
lol, you mean they learn what being massed over and over by alliances over 5 ranks above them twice a day for weeks on end, meaning you cant grow at all!

And of course those allies aren't being worked over by the allies higher than them? Cmon, give me a break. Everyone gets handed a pounding. Instead of having it be people you can't retaliate on for a variety of reasons (AR amongst them) now all those allies are viable targets if you have the time, effort and skill level. I think this is a great opportunity for alliances to practice working together. Maybe i am being an optimist for once :shock:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

Smeg alliances, i tried one this round, and i just keep getting zero'd (8 times in 8days, wtf?) the alliance keeps getting waved and no-one goes to defend other ppl in the alliance :mad:. All it seems to be is a bunch of solos just talking together. as a solo i never got attacked this much, i never got zero'd this much and my rank would easily be higher. Smeg alliances i am definitely going solo again next round. This round was meant to encourage ppl to try alliance play, i tried and it failed to impress and i dont see how being in an alliance helps!

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Then simply enough, you're in a crappy alliance :x-mas:

Lupus

Head Gardener

but isn't how crappy an alliance just relative to how good other alliances are?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Lupus said:
but isn't how crappy an alliance just relative to how good other alliances are?

yes there is but there's a basic level that is about minimum for most semi experienced players. I'm sure many players could come up with a list of basic requirements you need to have an ally run somewhat effectively and happily throughout a round without getting continuously smashed to pieces.

Lupus

Head Gardener

yup can't disagree with that but sometimes ppl ask too much from an alliance, so i tell ppl not to get thier hopes up they will get 0ed they will get defence, and ppl will get annoyed and tempers will fray but as long as we come out of it as a team i'm happy.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

Thing is this team, isn't really a team we lost a bunch of ppl for being multi's and then a bunch of them were all spies, i don't know how an alliance of mediocre players would go when every1 knows who they are and have become the "village bicycle", we aren't a **** alliance because of ourselves, we are because we dont have the chance to get our feet off the ground thnx to every alliance above us, and thats another strong reason to become solo, when every1 knows your alliance you become atarget for every1, even solos (i had a few stabs at alliances when i was solo). But when you are a solo you aren't a target your just one fish in the ocean.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

I'm sorry, is there already a thread for solo's vs alliances? or are my statements still on the lines of what this thread is intended to gripe about?

Tapey

Weeder

Alcibiades said:
Jimbo2189 said:

And of course those allies aren't being worked over by the allies higher than them? Cmon, give me a break. Everyone gets handed a pounding. Instead of having it be people you can't retaliate on for a variety of reasons (AR amongst them) now all those allies are viable targets if you have the time, effort and skill level. I think this is a great opportunity for alliances to practice working together. Maybe i am being an optimist for once :shock:

i don't think to the same degree it simple numbers there are less people to hit the rank 5 alliance, in normal rounds the high ranking alliances do increase the solo population by not having variety in there targets and by taking the easiest route to land (I do the same), but this round, cmon just learn to love all the free sex you get.... Its all in good fun, Don't take the game to seriously and just remember there is always someone below you to rape :D There is no reason not to play this round, aslong as you don't take the game to seriously the lower ranked alliances are way more fun than the higher ups :shock: always something to do

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

But there is nothing you can do when yhou get waved by people 300 times your value

Ven0m

Planter

rape the bots regrow stay ridden?

Tapey

Weeder

except learn to love it :D Yes its happening to my alliance aswel. and there is something you can do use adrenaline rush. and when they send at u, you wait a couple ticks and rush there offline ppl in mass, sure if they don't recall ur offlines will die but if its as bad as u suggest they will die anyway. No alliance can afford to have there offline people creamed while they are attacking. most alliances don't leave enough people at home to defend this kind of thing, and if they do you should be able to defend against it even at 300%, ofcouse if they really high up they will prank bt 5 min ticks makes pranking less useful

btw a few fake rushes do help aswel