can i be un cookie locked

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Your personal weekly cookie allowance will reset to 10 on the tick following Sun 23rd Nov, 2008. 04:50:05.

please can i be un cookie locked azzer. Its the computers at uni. they wipe all cookies. I'm not cheating or anything. I know there is a reason for the allowance but forgot i was down to my last 1. please.

also is there any possibility of changing the cookie limit to 14. as i can easily log in 2 times a day at uni. and now im in my final year(masters) im in uni basically everyday. 2*7 = 14

If not then fair do's just sucks that im going to miss all those ticks :( and now have nothing to do inbetween working.

(ps i know its not long to wait. just was hoping to play a bit today and now cant)
(pps, is there no way we can change this system could some one explain to me what cookie counting is for, so I can suggest ways around it)

rooney

Head Gardener
Re: can i be un cookie locked

boo to willy for getting locked! i better not lose loadsa troops defending your ass :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I can't help but feel like it's completely your fault and that you 'wanting to play' isn't really a good enough reason to be unlocked.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

I dont deniy it being my fault. although im still going along with a victim of circumstance. And was hoping for some explanation at the very least as to why there is a cookie limit. and hoping to find a way to circumvent the need to enforce a cookie limit. And although azzer doesnt have to unlock me i thought I'd ask. as i would like to play. and clearly am not cheating. I dont see any reason for him to not unlock me.

as i dont want to spam my own request in reply to alcibiades comment below i thought id repost here: [hidden:571i4cn5]"Essentials:
Cookies are small text files on your PC that a website can use to store a little bit of basic information on for visitors to a site. Bushtarion uses cookies as a way of help to monitor accounts, and can help to enable the admin to ensure that all players of the game are abiding by the game rules. It is down to your web-browser software (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera etc.) to store and retrieve data to and from these cookies. They must be enabled in order to play Bushtarion."

and as i have no authority or control over the computers in the university computer labs I am a victim of circumstance. not a rule breaker... I cannot avoid losing cookies unless I simply dont login at university. which means I cannot play bushtarion as i have to do alot of work which require the university resources, so I dont see what i have done as rule breaking. and I dont think it invalidates my right to request to be unlocked. but If you wish to prove your point then feel free to pm me. or provide further details on the exact use of cookies, cookie counting. and how the removal of cookies could be used to cheat. So i may better understand your argument, and especially as to why I must be punished if it can be avoided, and i have done no wrong[/hidden:571i4cn5]

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

because you broke the rules? I believe the cookie lock is there to prevent someone from logging onto multiple computers and using multiple accounts. One assumes it's a part of the method to catch multis and cheaters. I don't see any reason why he *should* unlock you. You screwed up.... presumably you should pay the consequences.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

ahhh uni networks are awesome eh?

i found a way around it though, just have a laptop you take everywhere with you!
works brilliantly for me, as its the only computer i use and it saves all the cookies :)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Few ways to solve this all...
1. Install webbroser to your USB card or your safe location on university computer.
2. Use some web based anonymous tool where you can login and which allows usage of cookies.
3. Use some 3rd party or windows based remote controlling of your own computer from university.
4. Store your cookies to place where those doesnt get wiped after those have been downloaded. Now after you have logged in go to cookies file and copy it to safe location, I bet you have one and then just put it back to same folder when you need to login next time.
5. Get laptop, mobile or some other way to log in.
6. Quit whining and start finding this kind of solutions yourself. Thats what internet is best at... you communicate and find solutions to troubles that others have or had and have solved... so FFS USE GOOGLE! Cant be that hard! Even by searching old forums about cookies prolly would get you like 2-3 of my answers... but noo you people dont want to do anything yourself... you want all answers to be brought to you.

rooney

Head Gardener

BW the thread was more about asking azzer to unlock him and why cookie locks were even needed, as oppossed to ways around it.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

But thanks to BW's post he might not have this problem again, so I don't see a problem with BW's post.

rooney

Head Gardener

i agree BW post was helpful, but the last bit where he moans about willy not searching for the answer himself wasnt needed since willy didnt directly ask for help.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

rooney said:
i agree BW post was helpful, but the last bit where he moans about willy not searching for the answer himself wasnt needed since willy didnt directly ask for help.

willymchilybily said:
(pps, is there no way we can change this system could some one explain to me what cookie counting is for, so I can suggest ways around it)

While i think willy meant to have ways around a cookie system so it wouldn't be necessary i could see how BW could misinterpret the phrase. That being said his manner wasn't necessary but i understand that also.

WildDisease

Pruner

Honestly, I think the whole "cookie countdown" should be scrapped.

Each time you login to a school computer, there goes a cookie.
After doing that for a few days, bam. You're off bush for a week :S

/me thinks punit or some other purchase should enable unlimited cookies!
:D
A multi wouldn't purchase stuff?