• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Quick Reply Box on forums.

Rogem002

Weeder
It would be really cool if there was a quick reply box on the forum, what do you think?

Defender

Weeder
Re: Quick Reply Box on forums.

all for this suggestion. its the little things that count.
not sure its azzer that does the coding for the forums though.

p.s. i cant believe this hasnt been suggested before.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

YES please. :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

basically at the bottom of each thread there is a box which you can type straight into to reply rather than clicking "post reply"...its a simple text input box with no colour/smileys/size options etc etc

I agree, good idea! I know i dont reply to posts sometimes because i cant be bothered to load up another page...im THAT lazy!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

that seems quite lazy i do agree there....

I'm inclined to disagree with this suggestion out of sheer spite. There's no sense in having a normal reply box if you have a quick reply. Except for the occasional person who actually starts a new thread.

Also pinpower if you're that lazy about posting a response and (to use your own example you occasionally don't post because of it) then what you had to say can't have been important enough to warrant a quick reply box.

They sound to me like a way of really enabling spammers and increasing the amount of rubbish posts. I consider having to click the 'make a reply' button a way of thinking whether or not what you are typing is really important enough to warrant a whole new post.

So now I have a genuine reasons besides spite to disagree. Sorry.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

lol, i was exaggerating slightly about the lazyness comment...

but meh, i dont think it causes any harm, would be a nice addition IMO

Rogem002

Weeder

I believe their is a plugin/Mod for PHPBB so it should not be a big problem to add. I mostly would like it because I'm too lazy to click so much heh.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
They sound to me like a way of really enabling spammers and increasing the amount of rubbish posts. I consider having to click the 'make a reply' button a way of thinking whether or not what you are typing is really important enough to warrant a whole new post.
I agree here, waste of time, if your reply is not worth loading the page, then its not worth being heard. You probably will get more rubbish posts. If you add it to the spam section, fine, but keep it out of the rest.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Well whatever people say about ideas of it causing more spam... it's generally the "standard" thing in modern forums, and indeed the Age 5 forums will be no exception to this rule... if people spam inappropriately they'll be dealt with ;) But I'd certainly like to encourage more people to partake in the forums.

Defender

Weeder

going to what alcibiabades said, what about those of us who play with mobile internet on their laptops and only have a certain amount of download a month? loading up that extra page evertime is one reason why i havent posted that much.

but seen as it's happening anyway, there no point in arguing for it :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Defender said:
going to what alcibiabades said, what about those of us who play with mobile internet on their laptops and only have a certain amount of download a month? loading up that extra page evertime is one reason why i havent posted that much.

i hadn't thought of that. It makes sense tho.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Defender said:

what kind of tiny download limit have you got??

Defender

Weeder

3 gig :p
been over that twice since i got it.
only got it cos i travel around quite a bit.

Rogem002

Weeder

Defender said:
3 gig :p
been over that twice since i got it.
only got it cos i travel around quite a bit.

Dude, that's really bad lol. I have unlimited (unlimited is BT's word for 40gb). Btw though, any chance of a quick reply box?