Complete Removal of AR

Complete Removal of AR

• positive impact on the game... farewell AR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harbinger

Pruner
Re: Complete Removal of AR

Azzer has already stated in this thread that AR will remain in Age 5 - it is only the mini round where it has been disabled. So another pointless thread on the topic.

Azzer may be many things - but I've never had him down as stupid. The numbers playing this mini-round will be down, if not at the start then certainly part way through. If people can't find an alliance, or don't have enough friends in game to form one - they are dead. New players coming into the game for the very first time are dead. The game is dead. Azzer's business is dead. The only way for solo to be an option is to have some form of protection from the examples cited by Tao above. Currently that's AR - there may be other options or perhaps AR should be nerfed by falling quicker or being harder to increase the mod. Solo cannot be played without some form of protection.

The alternative is to ban solo - make the game alliance only. And the only way that can work is for membership of an alliance to be randomly allocated at sign-up - otherwise new players can't hope to be found for the game - and everyone who loves the game wants more players.

So the discussion should be about how can we make the game alliance only and still manage to a) attract new players and b) keep those players who, for a variety of reasons, have opted to play solo in previous rounds, rather than a discussion about banning AR - because in reality that's one and the same thing - one positively framed and one negatively framed.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Harbinger said:
So the discussion should be about how can we make the game alliance only and still manage to a) attract new players and b) keep those players who, for a variety of reasons, have opted to play solo in previous rounds, rather than a discussion about banning AR - because in reality that's one and the same thing - one positively framed and one negatively framed.
And this is why solo will never be banned or AR permanently removed, because these problems can't be solved. And im sorry to say f0xx, but I agree with TaO on most of his points, and they are the reason you cant ban solo or AR.
Most solos are solo because they dont want the responsibility of having to be in an alliance, and cooperate with so many other people. Also, most people dont have the time to be on the 6 hours a day which many alliances require. Solo is the perfect option, and with AR you dont have to be very active but you can still enjoy the game without getting the ***** every second day after being raped again and again by some wanker 3 times your value. Yes, I know my examples dont reflect everyone's situation, but you get my drift ;)

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

timtadams said:
Most solos are solo because they dont want the responsibility of having to be in an alliance, and cooperate with so many other people. Also, most people dont have the time to be on the 6 hours a day which many alliances require.

If they can't be arsed then they don't deserve anything special. It's a war game, not the Bushtarion dole.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

A lot of other games have proved the "allince only" system much more successful. Go argue with the almost half a mln playerbase of TW?

Yes it is a different game, but the concept is the same. And there is not such thing as "new players can't find alliance". Everyone who can write/read english can find alliance EASY enough. Was it hard in the past when there were 4 pages of alliance to find one? Was it?

I personally don't think that AR should be completely removed, it just needs be HEAVILY tweaked.

Actually the only negative impact that removal of AR may have on bush is that one will no longer be able to attack alone and land.

Harbinger

Pruner

Asmodeous said:
Harbinger said:
First and foremost, it is a business.

Are you saying solo's outspend allied players for BC's and blueprints?

Err - let me have a look - err no I don't think I said that :roll:

Numbers playing Asmo - and the recruitment of new players. Make solo impossible to play without thinking about alternatives/consequences and the game is a gonner.

Harbinger

Pruner

f0xx said:
I personally don't think that AR should be completely removed, it just needs be HEAVILY tweaked.

That's what I like to see - consistency in your thoughts. I assume your previous calls for a complete removal were just for fun :roll:

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Harbinger said:
f0xx said:

That's what I like to see - consistency in your thoughts. I assume your previous calls for a complete removal were just for fun :roll:

No, not for fun. I just doubt that AR will be changed in a way that would change gameplay to positive way, at least that is the message I get from Azzer's post about the coming changes in age 5. I prefer complete removal than some overpowered AR, but what is best ofcourse is an AR that actually works and does what it is supposed to do.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

OK f0xx, you want AR to be removed. Have you considered how four fifths of the player base are solo? Have you considered how many people you could lose from the player base because of people who arent serious enough to play in alliances? or how many solo players will not pay for BCs because they dont take the game seriously enough? The good thing about AR is that it makes it possible for many solos to enjoy the game, a lot more than what they would have.

I think you will always have a problem with AR, because it there to protect solos from bashings, and so it will protect them being largely overpowered. This will mean you can sometimes trigger, but im still sure you could make successful attacks easy enough ;) I think it could be a little less easy to trigger, but not changed massively

TaO

Tree Surgeon

F0xx you can say we all talking bull, but mainly your the person talking bull.

not all people can be arsed to play the game at least 6 hours a day, some people got a life. i was solo/psolo for the last 2 / 3 rounds mainly coz i had other things on my mind, removal of solo play *as you would like to see it* would mean i wouldnt be able to play those 2 / 3 rounds, alot of other people have rounds like these *why would they come back after?? they wont have any good memories to the last rounds they played.*
You wont be accepted into an alliance if you will be gone for lets say a week, coz your useless to an alliance when your not online for a week or mayb even more.
plus the main thing is, to join some good alliance people have to know you, its all about who knows who to be in a top alliance now a days.

don't come with the "start an alliance yourself" thing again, coz i did that a few times already and i managed to learn some noobs how to play the game. I know how the game works and how the people work.

and so if you cant be active enough for an alliance you will not be able to join one. and for myself as a person surviving around top 75 - 25 for like 80% of a round its not an option to join some rank 15 alliance, i got to be in a top 5 alliance to actually stay at my rank. so for me its better to remain solo at these ranks instead of joining a low ranked alliance.

i agree Solo are taking over the game and its not how its meant to be, Bushtarion is a alliance game *i agree* but the main thing is, its almost impossible to be in an alliance, have fun, and get a nice ranking. unless you got your friends at the top that is.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

That is the problem, you only think about "what is good for you". At 6 hours/day you shouldn't be able to come even close to top 100, yet you say it has been easy to keep around rank 50. You just want to have an easy ride while that is what is destroying alliances and the game itself.

I stop posting now, no matter how much I try to be constructive some new guy who has played for 3 rounds or so comes here with his theories saying how this and that will ruin the game when he just doesn't have perspective to compare things.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

reread my post and then start bitching at me again.

i am one of the few people that was here when there was only 3 tech tree's, so im not that kind of noobie.

and 6 hour per day must be more then enough to be in a "top" spot for an online game, online games are brought to the world for fun, not to sit behind your computer for 24/7 and do nothing but wank,eat,drink energy drinks and chat.

there is more in life, and the people who are solo know there is, that is the main reason why people are going solo lately, yet again you should reread my posts and then start bitching.

im not saying this becoz this is best for my own, as you can read from my last posts.

myself have been playing allied for all of my rounds, except my last 2 / 3 rounds, which 2 i was Psolo and the 3rd i started allied and went solo for almost 30 days that round

i was solo/psolo for the last 2 / 3 rounds mainly coz i had other things on my mind, removal of solo play *as you would like to see it* would mean i wouldnt be able to play those 2 / 3 rounds

so far you are the only person posting in here thinking about yourself and not about anyone else.

spooky

Beginner

I think its stupid how people are already shouting about how a 'stupid idea' AR has being removed is for this round. Its a game guys, you need to experiment to see if someting diffrent helps the game. I think pure sole being removed is a marvelous idea but thats a different topic anyway.
Last round was my first round in bush but its not my first in a game like this, was playing a similar type game for over 7 years but thats a different story. As i said last round was my first round and i found it way to easy to do well being pure solo with the huge help AR gave me. I would build up a massive army (well what i thought was massive :p) and cream people easily, and when i got creamed all i had to do was wait a week behind AR to rebuild, it was silly. I dont beleive AR should be removed completey the in future but should definately be toned down abit. For example make your AR rate lower a hell of alot quicker and perhaps raising the level in which SAS is triggered. I can understand the fact that many players are solo, hell il be solo again and again purely because i dont have time to stay up all night anymore, been there done that gave the phone numbers out round after round, and i dont want to let an allaince down with inactivty. BUT being solo is our choice so we shoudlnt be 'rewarded' with better things like a better AR when theres the option of going in an alliance with 15 - 20 guys/gals there to help back you up.
I can see why some people are annoyed because yes this round will be hard for solos as many more people will be in allainces so targets will be harder but hey it makes it more fun trying to get past an allaince plus it makes you a better player as you learn wot army setup to use for the best effect. It wil be good as hopefully itll boost the allaince numbers which means more people will get to learn and well have more stronger players which will keep the game going.
Perhaps raising the attack range to around 60% so that lower allainces wont feel threatned so much from higher guys but perhaps increase the wounded rate so that yes people might loose more troops due to the 60% attack range but wont loose out so much due to higher wounded return. However if we do get more allaince thus more players being taught more, players should be able to build up a better army setup and not have to attack people alot lower and attack people say 60 - 80% of thier score. Lets face it, battles are always much more fun when there very close. hell amount of times i should have run last round but rather have a good battle and spent all my resrouces on troops to try and defend against sum killer player, obiously i lost most of the time but it was more fun trying to defend and it taught me more about what units to use than just runnig and defending 'police hq'.
So bascially what im trying to say is i like idea of it being removed this round to see how it works but in the long term i think it needs to be around but no way as powerful as i has been.

however these are my just my thoughts and like i said this is only my second round so if it sounds alot of rubbish to you and you think im a moron then just kill me in the game XD:p

timtadams

Landscape Designer

not rubbish at all spooky, but then again im a noob too ;)

I just thought it was funny how my allaince status = none, and then right underneath that AR mod = disabled, in green, lol, no AR for a solo is bad! it should be red! red i tell you! (for solo)

Rogem002

Weeder

I think AR is good because it gives solo players a bit of defense.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

it does, but it is disabled which means they dont get it ie no defence. So green for AR mod, but green still when disabled? I just found it slightly amusing

mrmongo

Harvester

there are a lot less people playing this round due to no solo's maybe they will be back next round... if ar and solo play isnt back then i wont be.... maybe that is a good thing tho

Garrett

Landscape Designer

there are actually still more id's in existence for this mini round then there were for the first month of last round.

last full round we only had ~800 people, this one we're over 950!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

mrmongo said:
there are a lot less people playing this round due to no solo's maybe they will be back next round... if ar and solo play isnt back then i wont be.... maybe that is a good thing tho

* 38 IDs in this world have been registered in the last 24 hours.
* 1,128 IDs in this world have been registered to date this round.
* 145 of those IDs have actually been deleted.
* 222 IDs are marked as online right now in this world.
* 1,401 is the highest number of IDs online in this world at any one time to date.
* 890 IDs have been active in this world in the last week.
* 695 IDs have been active in this world in the last 24 hours.

I can't remember exact numbers from last round, but it certainly appears to me that more people are playing this round.

This will inevitably wane as the round progresses as people burn out etc. And it's arguable how much of the increased players are due to the fact that AR is gone and PS is not an option or whether it's due to the novelty of 5 minute ticks or just the roundstart flood of IDs. Time will I think especially as the round goes...

I think to say either way at the moment is jumping the gun just a bit.